Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shelleyldiaz

Suspended
Sep 19, 2016
United States
I saw this on amazon, sounds pretty good but a little hesitant to try. Does it really feel smooth and frictionless? THe last wet-apply screen protector I tried was very tacky and didn't feel good at all. Also, any interference with cases?

I dont have any issue with it. I am using it and along with spigen clear case

VSH1

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2015
London
Ap
You replaced your phone?
It was bent?

In short yes.
It was not obvious by looking at the phone or screen and apple refused to replace saying 7 screen is diffrent from 6/6s and its the protector at fault. I tried 4 diffrent brands 2 ETE and 2 normal one with same result so took the plunge and bought another phone. Took out protector from old phone and applied on new one without single bubble.

Returned old one under 14 days return period.

mrskullfreak

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2012
michigan north detroit
Ap

In short yes.
It was not obvious by looking at the phone or screen and apple refused to replace saying 7 screen is diffrent from 6/6s and its the protector at fault. I tried 4 diffrent brands 2 ETE and 2 normal one with same result so took the plunge and bought another phone. Took out protector from old phone and applied on new one without single bubble.

Returned old one under 14 days return period.
Wow ok
There's none in stock to buy or I would try it.

lsh

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
Got the Belkin InvisiGlass Ultra at the Apple Store. While the installation looks flawless, the design of the product itself is trash. As others have noted, it doesn't actually cover the visible portion of the screen, cutting off the first letter of text at times, and leaving you with a rather unsightly rainbow edge. Would really avoid this one.
Mine covers it completely to the edge. I have a 7+. Only if I looked at it at an extreme angle would it really seem short.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
Mine covers it completely to the edge. I have a 7+. Only if I looked at it at an extreme angle would it really seem short.

Yours would be the first, I had it installed twice at two different stores thinking the first was a mistake, the were both the same on my +.

canvasback13

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2011
I am also really impressed with the jelly comb. I am worried edges could rise with the apple silicon case, specifically where you press the side buttons. So the case you pick could be a factor. but its a great product, you can't tell its there

chino303

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2014
Katy, TX
I am also really impressed with the jelly comb. I am worried edges could rise with the apple silicon case, specifically where you press the side buttons. So the case you pick could be a factor. but its a great product, you can't tell its there
I'm using it on my Spiegen case and it's not lifting any sides. So far I'm loving it! Ba da ba ba ba!:D

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
Same here. Not sure what they're talking about. Mine is great.

Everyone I've seen looks like the, bothers some people, doesn't bother others. Some don't even notice it

ba0ccdb15f6d78c090e9460456821456.jpg

talbares

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2016
Don't buy Zagg glass+ invisible shields for iPhone 7 or 7+. I "preordered" them two weeks ago, and they shipped me three iPhone 6 shield. What a waste of time and money. Total ripoff.

camhabib

macrumors regular
May 29, 2008
For anyone interested - got off the phone with Belkin a little while ago. I was told that the current iPhone 7 screen protectors have a mistake in their design and new ones are apparently being released some time in the near future. Took mine off to go return to the Apple store (which they instructed me to do) and will probably go buy a new one in a month or so once they figure their stuff out. In the mean time, I have a Tech Armor Ballistic one that I'm using. The glass itself is crap compared to the Belkin one, but at least it actually covers the screen.

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
I got the Turata 3D because of the pic someone posted earlier in the thread.

2 edge to edge ones for iPhone 7 plus in black and 2 edge to edge in white for the 7.

All 4 went on amazing. Can't even tell there's a protector on it!

Oh and the 7 plus has 0 bubbles. That's a big deal since the 6S plus never took an edge to edge protector without at least one side having gaps/bubbles.

Best purchase ever. Highly recommended!

dfnj123

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2007
New York, New York
Don't buy Zagg glass+ invisible shields for iPhone 7 or 7+. I "preordered" them two weeks ago, and they shipped me three iPhone 6 shield. What a waste of time and money. Total ripoff.
Hey, just to let you know what's going on, I called up Zagg's customer service last Friday about my Glass+ screen protector order being labeled for the iPhone 6+ rather than the 7+. I was told that for "legal" reasons they were unable to list the iPhone 7/7+ on the packaging of any of their products until the new iPhones were officially announced. Therefore, even though the new Glass+ screen protectors were designed to work with the new iPhones the first run of packaging for them do not mention the "iPhone 7" or "iPhone 7 Plus" by name. I assume this is why a lot of early cases/screen protector list "for the new 4.7 inch iPhone" or "for the new 5.5 inch iPhone" on their packaging. Who knows why Zagg didn't do the same on their labeling, or release a statement explaining the packaging information. Supposedly any of future Glass+ screen protectors will list that they are compatible with the "6/6S/7" or "6+/6S+/7+" by name, and will contain the same exact cutouts as the early models.

TLDD - Zagg claims that even though the packaging on the Glass+ doesn't say the iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus by name, they are designed to work with the iPhone 7/7+.

Who knows if what I was told was true, but I did end up installing the screen protector on my 7+ and it fits perfectly. Cut outs around the new phone speaker is the correct size. Seems wider than the pictures of the Belkin glass from Apple Stores people have been posting in this thread. No bubbling or lifting at the edges. The edges are sightly bezeled unlike the previous version of Zagg glass. I actually like it more than my previous experiences with Zagg screen protectors. I'm a happy camper :)

I also confirmed that it will be possible to warranty upgrade when the Sapphire screen protector is released (supposedly orders will start on their site by the weekend).

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
For anyone interested - got off the phone with Belkin a little while ago. I was told that the current iPhone 7 screen protectors have a mistake in their design and new ones are apparently being released some time in the near future. Took mine off to go return to the Apple store (which they instructed me to do) and will probably go buy a new one in a month or so once they figure their stuff out.
Hopefully someone here updates this thread when they have confirmation that there is a redesigned version at Apple. I have to believe (at least hope) that whenever that is, Apple will replace for free. I am not removing mine until I am at the Apple store getting a replacement.

talbares

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2016
Hey, just to let you know what's going on, I called up Zagg's customer service last Friday about my Glass+ screen protector order being labeled for the iPhone 6+ rather than the 7+. I was told that for "legal" reasons they were unable to list the iPhone 7/7+ on the packaging of any of their products until the new iPhones were officially announced. Therefore, even though the new Glass+ screen protectors were designed to work with the new iPhones the first run of packaging for them do not mention the "iPhone 7" or "iPhone 7 Plus" by name. I assume this is why a lot of early cases/screen protector list "for the new 4.7 inch iPhone" or "for the new 5.5 inch iPhone" on their packaging. Who knows why Zagg didn't do the same on their labeling, or release a statement explaining the packaging information. Supposedly any of future Glass+ screen protectors will list that they are compatible with the "6/6S/7" or "6+/6S+/7+" by name, and will contain the same exact cutouts as the early models.

TLDD - Zagg claims that even though the packaging on the Glass+ doesn't say the iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus by name, they are designed to work with the iPhone 7/7+.

Who knows if what I was told was true, but I did end up installing the screen protector on my 7+ and it fits perfectly. Cut outs around the new phone speaker is the correct size. Seems wider than the pictures of the Belkin glass from Apple Stores people have been posting in this thread. No bubbling or lifting at the edges. The edges are sightly bezeled unlike the previous version of Zagg glass. I actually like it more than my previous experiences with Zagg screen protectors. I'm a happy camper :)

I also confirmed that it will be possible to warranty upgrade when the Sapphire screen protector is released (supposedly orders will start on their site by the weekend).

Thank you for the excellent information. I really think packaging should match the product. I can understand a first run, but they held my order until Friday, a week after the actual release of the phone, three weeks from Apple's announcement. Now I'm no logistics whiz, but I think I could have had packages printed correctly far ahead of the product release.

dfnj123

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2007
New York, New York
Thank you for the excellent information. I really think packaging should match the product. I can understand a first run, but they held my order until Friday, a week after the actual release of the phone, three weeks from Apple's announcement. Now I'm no logistics whiz, but I think I could have had packages printed correctly far ahead of the product release.
Absolutely agree. Zagg should have at least sent out an email or included a note in the packaging with early orders explaining the situation.... but at the end of the day I'm content as long as I still received the item I ordered. It's not like the packaging of screen protectors matter that many anyway.

Last edited:

Olivia23

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2008
around
I purchased the Belkin clear one at the Apple Store. From what I was told, the machine wasn't able to install screen protectors on the 7+. Had the rep install it! It came out awesome.

I do see the slight rainbow effect caused by the protector not being fitted, but I had that happen with every tempered glass protector on my 6S+. I honestly don't notice the rainbow effect, unless I'm looking for it.

Btw, the tech21 mesh case is horrible. So bulky and big. It looks decent with the JB but too big. Wouldn't recommend it on an already big phone. Maybe for the regular 7.
So I guess my apple store will not be able to use the machine for my 7+. Darn.

JSway

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
So I guess my apple store will not be able to use the machine for my 7+. Darn.

I would check, I saw some users post that the machine installed it for them at the Apple Store. I had the rep install it and she did a flawless job!

Reactions: Olivia23

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
Everyone I've seen looks like the, bothers some people, doesn't bother others. Some don't even notice it

ba0ccdb15f6d78c090e9460456821456.jpg
The Belkin boxed version for the Iphone 7 left almost 1mm on each side of the display. I couldn't handle it, especially for $40. Again, this is the boxed version that Apple mails from Apple.com. The in store machine install version is different.

I am now using the BodyGuardz glass that I picked up from AT&T. It has a tiny amount of Rainbow but has no halo at all. Plus they offer $5.95 replacements similar to Zagg.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.