Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blowfish89

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2016
Pasadena, CA
They installed mine a week ago at the Pasadena store. They sell two versions, one off the shelf that has to be installed manually and one that can be installed by the machine. They even look slightly different.

Well that's good to know, don't think there's anything I can do about it now and it's not so bad. Maybe in the future I can get a different screen protector in a year or so.

mattfoo

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2014
Mine covers it completely to the edge. I have a 7+. Only if I looked at it at an extreme angle would it really seem short.
My Belkin 7+ out the box was perfect and covers the visible screen exactly edge to edge. It does have a rainbow effect at the edge but is not noticeable when using the phone. I installed it myself straight onto a freshly new peeled 7+ MB.
Literally peeled off the Apple plastic protector out the box and put on the Belkin protector. It just lay flat on the screen and I watched as the bubbles just disappeared by themselves. Marvellous product and no effort whatsoever. Great sensitivity too.

dotFIVE

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2014
I am going back and forth with buying this. Do you happen to remember if the whole back side is adhesive?...i.e. sensor holes as well as along the curved edges or just mainly the flat surfaces?

Can't quite remember exactly, but I think it was mainly along the flat surfaces. For the sides, there's still a flat portion before it curves so there will definitely be adhesive there. Unless you get a faulty one like me and another guy in this thread.

rarebeauty

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2014
I got some cheap ones from eBay. Paid less than $5 for them. They are made for the iPhone 7 Plus and the fit perfectly. Earpiece cutout is perfect. No raised edges and it's case friendly. I haven't paid more than $5 for tempered glass screen protectors in a while. If I paid more than that it was for a multiple ones.

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
I got some cheap ones from eBay. Paid less than $5 for them. They are made for the iPhone 7 Plus and the fit perfectly. Earpiece cutout is perfect. No raised edges and it's case friendly. I haven't paid more than $5 for tempered glass screen protectors in a while. If I paid more than that it was for a multiple ones.
I tried eBay and got a 3D protector that wasn't all glass and the glass had a blue hue to it. The black border was plastic and didn't have any glue. Unlucky I guess. The listing looked good.

JSway

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Which glass screen protector is recommended that covers the whole screen with no halo/rainbow effect? I have the belkin one from the Apple Store to hold me over.

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
Which glass screen protector is recommended that covers the whole screen with no halo/rainbow effect? I have the belkin one from the Apple Store to hold me over.

I installed the Turata on two iPhone 7 and two 7 pluses. All went on flawlessly. Edge to edge, perfect cut outs, and absolutely no halos or defects. A lay person wouldn't be able to even tell I have a screen protector on at all!

Reactions: TypeMRT and JSway

MILH0U5E

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
After a day of the Turata I think it's a keeper. I did have a sizeable speck of dust or lint get into the camera window somehow, but I got it out by peeling the top off just a bit. Not sure how it got in there, just have to not put it in my pocket top sidedown.

For those that have purchased other edge to edge 3D protectors, please note the brand and if it was 100% adhesive.

nikster0029

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
After a day of the Turata I think it's a keeper. I did have a sizeable speck of dust or lint get into the camera window somehow, but I got it out by peeling the top off just a bit. Not sure how it got in there, just have to not put it in my pocket top sidedown.

For those that have purchased other edge to edge 3D protectors, please note the brand and if it was 100% adhesive.

Had the exact same issue. The next day, another dust speck got in there... and it kept happening.. and I threw the protector away after finding out the adhesive sucks

Reactions: 6thDAY

MILH0U5E

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
Intelliarmor makes a similar protector available in amazon for $12.95. Think I'm going to give it a shot.

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
Had the exact same issue. The next day, another dust speck got in there... and it kept happening.. and I threw the protector away after finding out the adhesive sucks

Hearing things like this is putting me off getting the Turata. Do you happen to remember if the adhesive was 100% covered on the back, i.e. around sensor holes, earpiece, curved edges of the protector?

Reactions: nikster0029

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
If you are going to buy a Zagg glass shield, I think I know why the shields are bubbling, it seems there is not enough glue on the sides and its causing those bubbles to appear after install.

dayloon

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2005
Stafford, UK
Is there anyone from the UK here who can recommend a decent tempered glass screen protector ? Ideally one that goes to the edge because at the moment i'm using an anker one which leaves a 1mm gap at either side, leaving a rainbow effect.

Daranx

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
London
Is there anyone from the UK here who can recommend a decent tempered glass screen protector ? Ideally one that goes to the edge because at the moment i'm using an anker one which leaves a 1mm gap at either side, leaving a rainbow effect.
Which screen protector you use depends on whether you want to use the case with your phone or not.

There are curved 3D S/P's that are good without cases which cover all or most of the glass panel or some 2.5D which are flatter and don't go all the way to the edge of the glass portion of your phone leaving space for the lip of your case, which are generally better with cases to prevent the S/P from lifting.

I'm using the 2.5D case compatible ones, currently the Tateguard case friendly one which was super easy to install and works brilliantly with all the cases I have. Got it from Amazon UK for £6.95.

Reactions: dayloon

JSway

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Which screen protector you use depends on whether you want to use the case with your phone or not.

There are curved 3D S/P's that are good without cases which cover all or most of the glass panel or some 2.5D which are flatter and don't go all the way to the edge of the glass portion of your phone leaving space for the lip of your case, which are generally better with cases to prevent the S/P from lifting.

I'm using the 2.5D case compatible ones, currently the Tateguard case friendly one which was super easy to install and works brilliantly with all the cases I have. Got it from Amazon UK for £6.95.

Does the Tate guard cover the whole screen? By that I mean not leaving 1mm on each side like a lot of these other protectors.

dotFIVE

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2014
Well I woke up this morning and was pleasantly surprised to see that the Turata fully bonded on the side that was having adhesion issues. Looks like I'll be keeping it after all! Pretty happy with it.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
I received the Godosmith titan glass I purchased from Aliexpress. I don't even think I am going to install it. The protector is two different materials, as shown in one of their photos on the listing. The black part is a bit flimsy and it is not seamless where it meets the glass. I can definitely feel the border. The protector is curved all around, unlike the Turata which is actually flat but with rounded edges. The adhesive is not edge to edge, same with the Turata.
[doublepost=1475244878][/doublepost]
Hearing things like this is putting me off getting the Turata. Do you happen to remember if the adhesive was 100% covered on the back, i.e. around sensor holes, earpiece, curved edges of the protector?
I don't think you're going to like the Turata. We pretty much have the same standards when it comes to screen protectors. I'm only using it until I receive the Ice Max.

The adhesive on the Turata is on the glass and border, but it does not go all the way to the edge. Similar to the photos I just posted.

Attachments

• IMG_3478.JPG
    IMG_3478.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_3479.JPG
    IMG_3479.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_3480.JPG
    IMG_3480.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_3481.JPG
    IMG_3481.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 268
Reactions: 6thDAY

srltzz342

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2014
Hi, I have tried a few glass screen protector for my iphone 7. Unfortunately, all of them cover only the display region. If anyone has tried any full screen glass screen protector, could you please share with us?

Please share following details:

Brand:

Price:

Full Screen (Edge to Edge): Yes or No

3D Curved: Yes or No

Case friendly: Yes or No

Link:

Last edited:

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
The adhesive on the Turata is on the glass and border, but it does not go all the way to the edge. Similar to the photos I just posted.

Do any of them have edge to edge adhesive? I know the IceMax I had on my 6 was not. It also didn't surround the sensor and camera allowing dust to get in. I can post some pics if you want.

tallazzPilipino

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2015
got that nomadic lifestyle
Hi, I have tried a few glass screen protector for my iphone 7. Unfortunately, all of them cover only the display region. If anyone has tried any full screen glass screen protector, could you please share with us?

Please share following details:

Brand:

Price:

Full Screen (Edge to Edge): Yes or No

3D Curved: Yes or No

Case friendly: Yes or No

Link:
I usually go with RhinoShield's thin film screen protectors. only theirs work better than tempered glass. however, there are times I do use an edge-to-edge tempered glass (just to do something different). they're usually the ones with the colored border. if I have a white face, I'll go with a black bordered protector, and vice versa.

for my matte black 7 and 7 Plus, I ordered this to try...

iPhone 7 Screen Protector, Jelly Comb Full-Cover iPhone 7 Tempered Glass Curved Screen Protector, Anti-Fingerprint HD Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 7 - White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KZB2XAI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_9AO7xb421FV53

they should be here tomorrow. maybe I'll also try the black. they're cheap enough.

Reactions: Crazyj414

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Do any of them have edge to edge adhesive? I know the IceMax I had on my 6 was not. It also didn't surround the sensor and camera allowing dust to get in. I can post some pics if you want.
I have no idea. I never paid attention to the adhesive on past tempered glass protectors that I've installed. I just mentioned it because some people here like to know. No need for photos--I have/had an Ice Max on my 6s.

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
I received the Godosmith titan glass I purchased from Aliexpress. I don't even think I am going to install it. The protector is two different materials, as shown in one of their photos on the listing. The black part is a bit flimsy and it is not seamless where it meets the glass. I can definitely feel the border. The protector is curved all around, unlike the Turata which is actually flat but with rounded edges. The adhesive is not edge to edge, same with the Turata.
[doublepost=1475244878][/doublepost]
I don't think you're going to like the Turata. We pretty much have the same standards when it comes to screen protectors. I'm only using it until I receive the Ice Max.

What's the difference between their Titan Glass and Ice Max?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.