Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

big samm

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
Tried the Spigen as well. Got it on perfectly. First time I put the phone in my pocket after applying the Spigen though, tons of dust and lint got trapped under the edges and that's all I could see whenever I looked at my phone with the Spigen on...
Did you get the case optimize fit model?

j3T

Suspended
Feb 13, 2013
I went with spigen...

How is the cutout at the speaker on top? I read it's actually the size of the 6+ and thus too small?

I've so far tried OMOTON, JETech and iGuard. They all bubble up at the sides, while it's perfectly centered and positioned. I don't get it, never had these issues while applying glass on my previous phones.

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
Just got my shipping notification today. I need a quality tempered glass screen protector than will work with a case. Ordered a Turata for my wife's phone but am not sure it will work with a case being full 3D. Thoughts or suggestions. Needs to be Prime available so I can get it when my phone gets here.

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
I have tried 3 different 3D SPs and they all have a very thin piece of glass in the center with a plastic or whatever colored edge. Some look pretty good, others show the edge of the glass when the phone is off.

Simplism looked the most promising, even coming with a tool to line up the SP, but this has the most obvious joining of glass and border. Turata very similar, but better. Jelly Comb same.

What happened to the ones that were all glass? Cinder was too thick, but I recall some good ones for the 6 Plus

Are the ones on AliExpress all glass? Or at least seamless so you can't see or feel where the edge and glass join?

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
I just brought this guys: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01KFWURDC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's not edge to edge, but it does "cover" the whole screen, it's just the right size and there is no room for dust to get inside, if this helps anyone...

Item page pics a little deceptive. They show the SP sitting just beyond the sides of the visible screen. That would make them hang over the edge. The customer pics show otherwise. They stop right over the edge of the visible screen. If that what you mean by covering the "entire screen", then you are correct.

Some of us like to cover the entire glass. I don't like feeling the edge of the screen covers like this one, but it does look well made.

Are the edges rounded and smooth?

maxsquared

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2009
London
Item page pics a little deceptive. They show the SP sitting just beyond the sides of the visible screen. That would make them hang over the edge. The customer pics show otherwise. They stop right over the edge of the visible screen. If that what you mean by covering the "entire screen", then you are correct.

Some of us like to cover the entire glass. I don't like feeling the edge of the screen covers like this one, but it does look well made.

Are the edges rounded and smooth?

The edge is flat. So if you don't have a case it could be a proble. But if you are like me use one of the apple cases, you wouldn't feel the edge of it.

What do you mean by cover the entire glass? A curved protector? Where can I get those? Thanks

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
The edge is flat. So if you don't have a case it could be a proble. But if you are like me use one of the apple cases, you wouldn't feel the edge of it.

What do you mean by cover the entire glass? A curved protector? Where can I get those? Thanks

Tons on Amazon. See above responses for input. Just search for 3d curve glass glass screen protector. The ones I have tried so far on Amazon are so so. They are very thin, but some show the edge where the glass is adhered to the colored edge.

If you are going to use a case all of the time and are happy what you have, stick with it.

hayat55

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2016
I bought a belkin iphone 7 plus protector but it doesn't have the individual cutouts at the top?

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I bought a belkin iphone 7 plus protector but it doesn't have the individual cutouts at the top?
Some vendors have gone with individual cutouts and others have opted for long ocular cutouts.

I prefer the former but others the latter.

anthonybkny

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2011
NYC
Turata installed on my gf's silver 7. I'm gonna have to order one for mine as well. Great screen protector.

Attachments

• IMG_0222.JPG
    IMG_0222.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 315
Reactions: Bizzle79

Silver11FX4

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
https://www.amazon.com/Protector-Or...75454716&sr=8-13&keywords=orzly+iphone+7+plus

This is the protector I purchased for my 7 Plus. Great coverage, no halo effects around border, and excellent install process. I have not seen anyone post this one but I highly recommend it. I was holding out for the Zagg Luxe again as I loved it on my 6S and wanted similar coverage on my 7 Plus. I would buy this over and over, great deal at only $12.98 also! I am using this with the Spigen Liquid Armor case and have not had any issues yet.

elmnts

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2016
Update on the IceMax 3D I got from Amazon.

Its indeed an Ice Max 3D not a Titan. GD support said it was put in the wrong packaging. The entire piece is tempered glass and e2e full 3D. Adhesive is on the entire piece so it adheres really well to phone.

The plastic piece has the edge cut into it so it sits flat thats why it looked like a Titan at first glance.
IMG_5889.JPG

I'll update with pictures once I get one stubborn bubble out.

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011

Its indeed an Ice Max 3D not a Titan. GD support said it was put in the wrong packaging. The entire piece is tempered glass and e2e full 3D. Adhesive is on the entire piece so it adheres really well to phone.

The plastic piece has the edge cut into it so it sits flat thats why it looked like a Titan at first glance.
View attachment 662323

Just want to confirm; this is the one you got?
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZ7RAE6

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010

View attachment 662323

When you have time, can you take a clear (if possible) picture of the corner like in this picture?

kcfqk7.jpg

I'd like to see how well the edge contours with the edge of the iPhone's glass. Thanks!

Reactions: willmtaylor

Mikedave

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2015

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
So I spent $40 just over a week ago to get my Belkin Invisiglass installed at the Apple Store and it's already ruined. I was out shopping my phone was in my front pocket. I pulled it out to do something and saw the screen was lifting big time below and to the side of the home button. Upon closer inspection that corner down there was chipped ever so slightly causing the lift. I have no clue how it happened and don't remember bumping into anything but that's $40 down the drain. :(

barachus

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010

View attachment 662323

Can you confirm if you can see the join line where the visible part of the glass meets the dark borders, when the phone is off?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.