Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Ive got a free code for tech matte protector for iphone 7. They sent me while they were on promotion. I cant use it as they do not ship to UK.

Passels

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2009
Ive got a free code for tech matte protector for iphone 7. They sent me while they were on promotion. I cant use it as they do not ship to UK.

Any chance you can send it to me. The one the local mall put on for $20 is already coming up.

ctbear

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2010
Ordered mine on 20 September and received it yesterday (3 Oct) so it took 13 days. I'm in Virginia, US, if that makes any difference.

I will say the product fits the iPhone 7. The cutouts match perfectly, at least on the one I received. Installation was easy, and it came with a wet wipe, a cloth, a dust remover (aka Scotch tape), and of course the protector itself. The instructions are obviously translated form Chinese, but made enough sense to me. If this is your first install, go on YouTube and research before attempting.

Note that this is an edge-to-edge 3D glass, so it MAY NOT fit along with your case. My wife's IP7 has an Apple silicone case, and when I initially tried to re-install the case, the screen protector started separating due to the tight fit. What I did was leave it overnight to "cure" and then tried again the next day, starting from the opposite end that started separating. So far so good.

I will take some pictures and post tonight.
[doublepost=1475590983][/doublepost]
The one I ordered from Aliexpress also came in a Titan box.

Are they actual cutouts (for the front camera and sensors), or are they a transparent "window" like on the Turata?

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
Here are the pics of the Icemax. Notice the gap between the s/p and the phone. S/p is aligned perfectly. This gap is all the way around. Looks great with the case on though.

2016-10-04_P1000350.JPG

2016-10-04_P1000346.jpg

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
Here are the pics of the Icemax. Notice the gap between the s/p and the phone. S/p is aligned perfectly. This gap is all the way around. Looks great with the case on though.

2016-10-04_P1000350.JPG

2016-10-04_P1000346.jpg

Ouch! That gap is pretty big actually. Dust and debris will definitely get underneath there unless you have a case with a tight lip that can cover that gap, which it looks like you do.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
Ouch! That gap is pretty big actually. Dust and debris will definitely get underneath there unless you have a case with a tight lip that can cover that gap, which it looks like you do.
Even with the case fitting so nice there is already dust in there. It will do for now but when the dust settles (no pun intended) I will get whichever one has the best fit.

Reactions: 6thDAY

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
I installed the Turata on my 7 Plus yesterday. I expected it to be flat at the edge, but was surprised to see that it's slightly cupped. That made it easier to hold and position it accurately without touching the sticky side.

I had to try a few times before I got it to stick without bubbles. The usual trick - pushing the air out - didn't work. The only problem was that a couple of dust particles were trapped, and I don't know how to get rid of them. Fortunately, they're only visible with the phone off.

No usability issues so far. Touch sensitivity is great. BTW, I had no problem putting on my leather case (Sena).

anthonybkny

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2011
NYC
comparing the turanta and the orzly, both look and fit great. the turanta feels more slippery when sliding your finger around the screen.

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
The slippery-ness means it does not have an oleophobic right? Or is it the other way around?

anthonybkny

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2011
NYC
The slippery-ness means it does not have an oleophobic right? Or is it the other way around?
it says it has oleo coating, as well as silicone. it seems very finger print resistant. same with the orzly. i like the cutouts on the orzly better, the turanta is designed to fit both the 6 and the 7. but i prefer the slick feeling of the turanta.

Attachments

• IMG_0274.JPG
    IMG_0274.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 180

Tortri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2010
I'm returning the Turanta.

The first issue I was having was on the sides, it was covering up a few pixels on both long edges so I'd have to tilt my phone to see a letter or something along the edge.

Second issue is when I am on a phone call and go to look at my screen to press a number or put it on speaker the screen wouldn't activate, so I'd have to press the home button to turn it on. That got annoying.

Third issue is a personal preference, which to me the home button cutout was too small and needs to be just a bit wider. (I have nubby fingers)

Other than those issues the screen was great, clear and smooth, no fingerprint issues. Almost couldn't tell it was on except for seeing the oval for the sensor and the home button felt odd and couldn't press down completely.

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
Even with the case fitting so nice there is already dust in there. It will do for now but when the dust settles (no pun intended) I will get whichever one has the best fit.

I went ahead and cancelled the pre-order for the Ice Max on Amazon.

I purchased the Kyasi instead:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LXE3E7F/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had the Kyasi on my 6s Plus, and I'll be honest, there is also a small gap, but not as big (I don't think) as the Ice Max.

My CrashGuard Bumper fit pretty tightly on the edges, closing most of the gap since that when I took off the Bumper to retire my 6s Plus, I didn't see any dust underneath.

I honestly have not seen any edge-to-edge glass protectors that truly contours to the curved iPhone's glass, even though they advertise it as so with pictures. :)

I'll update with pics once I get my Kyasi.

Reactions: willmtaylor

Tibits

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2011
Why can't someone make a perfect screen protector. Edge to edge, no gap, easy fit. I wouldn't mind paying for it, but it's got to be clean.

Crazyj414

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2015
Any that don't look horrible for the back of the matte black iPhone? I fear it will get scratched if left in protected :(

Slowpc

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2013
Winston Salem NC
Got my Turata and my tozo case as well for my plus.

Turata fit great and works really well for my personal feeling and the tozo adds just that little bit of grip needed and holds my metal magnet piece for my car. Will hold on to my apple silicone as well.

krick

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2009
Just removed the iOrange-E 3D (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L6KA9ZS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and replaced with the Orzly Pro Fit 3D Glass Protector.

The iOrange-E was pretty good, except (i) I had a visible adhesion issue at the bottom right (barely noticeable, but it bothered me constantly because I knew it was there and I'm OCD like that), and (ii) it's really a 2.5D design - not 3D. Two things I did like about it were (i) the edges at the home button are more rounded/smooth than most TG screen protectors I've felt, and (ii) really great customer service from iOrange in addressing my issues with it.

The Orzly installed with no adhesion issues or bubbles and the edges are definitely more 3D than the iOrange, although I'm not sure I would say they are fully 3D as there is still a slight gap. The edges at the home button are, however, less rounded than the iOrange and I notice the difference in sharpness every time I press the home button now. The Orzly also seems a hair thicker than the iOrange, which is hard to believe if the Orzly .2mm spec is accurate, but there's no doubt that the Orzly is (very) slightly closer to flush with the front lip of the Apple leather case than the iOrange was.

Overall initial impression of the Orzly is positive.

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
Just removed the iOrange-E 3D (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L6KA9ZS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and replaced with the Orzly Pro Fit 3D Glass Protector.

The iOrange-E was pretty good, except (i) I had a visible adhesion issue at the bottom right (barely noticeable, but it bothered me constantly because I knew it was there and I'm OCD like that), and (ii) it's really a 2.5D design - not 3D. Two things I did like about it were (i) the edges at the home button are more rounded/smooth than most TG screen protectors I've felt, and (ii) really great customer service from iOrange in addressing my issues with it.

The Orzly installed with no adhesion issues or bubbles and the edges are definitely more 3D than the iOrange, although I'm not sure I would say they are fully 3D as there is still a slight gap. The edges at the home button are, however, less rounded than the iOrange and I notice the difference in sharpness every time I press the home button now. The Orzly also seems a hair thicker than the iOrange, which is hard to believe if the Orzly .2mm spec is accurate, but there's no doubt that the Orzly is (very) slightly closer to flush with the front lip of the Apple leather case than the iOrange was.

Overall initial impression of the Orzly is positive.

Would it be possible for you to take some side pictures like in this post? #604

Thanks!

krick

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2009
Would it be possible for you to take some side pictures like in this post? #604

Thanks!
Here you go. Not the best quality, but enough to see what I was talking about. Looking back now at pictures of the godosmith ice max for the 6+, the Orzly looks to be awfully close if not exactly the same in terms of the edge, so perhaps this is as good as it gets.

Attachments

• IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg
    443.6 KB · Views: 434
  • IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 1,706
  • IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    564.5 KB · Views: 437
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.