Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JSway

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
So I spent $40 just over a week ago to get my Belkin Invisiglass installed at the Apple Store and it's already ruined. I was out shopping my phone was in my front pocket. I pulled it out to do something and saw the screen was lifting big time below and to the side of the home button. Upon closer inspection that corner down there was chipped ever so slightly causing the lift. I have no clue how it happened and don't remember bumping into anything but that's $40 down the drain. :(

Return it! I returned the one I purchased and had installed by the Apple Store. 0 questions asked.

After much thought, I think I'm going to go without a glass screen protector. Apple Care + replacement is only $30 this time around.

Reactions: danny8200

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Return it! I returned the one I purchased and had installed by the Apple Store. 0 questions asked.

After much thought, I think I'm going to go without a glass screen protector. Apple Care + replacement is only $30 this time around.

Was yours damaged though? I don't see how this damage could even happen while inside my pocket. It's odd.

JSway

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Was yours damaged though? I don't see how this damage could even happen while inside my pocket. It's odd.

It wasn't, but they didn't check. I just put the screen protector back in the packaging. They just checked to make sure it was there.

If need be, you could make the argument that you spent $40 and it damaged while inside your pocket and take that route.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
It wasn't, but they didn't check. I just put the screen protector back in the packaging. They just checked to make sure it was there.

If need be, you could make the argument that you spent $40 and it damaged while inside your pocket and take that route.

I don't even have any packaging. The guy brought it out in this little bag and a piece of paper saying Belkin Invisiglass. It definitely wasn't retail packaging. I think they might use different stock when they install it in store with the machine? I'll head there today to see what they say.

JSway

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
I don't even have any packaging. The guy brought it out in this little bag and a piece of paper saying Belkin Invisiglass. It definitely wasn't retail packaging. I think they might use different stock when they install it in store with the machine? I'll head there today to see what they say.

I had the same packaging, but I kept the packaging in case I returned it. I think for $40 it wouldn't hurt. If it was one of those cheap ones from Amazon, I wouldn't even bother, but at $40, that's a pretty penny.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I had the same packaging, but I kept the packaging in case I returned it. I think for $40 it wouldn't hurt. If it was one of those cheap ones from Amazon, I wouldn't even bother, but at $40, that's a pretty penny.

I'll bring it in as is on my phone and see what they say. The guy just tossed the packaging on mine. Didn't even offer it to me. I suppose with my receipt and it looking exactly like Belkin they might be nice to me. :)

anthonybkny

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2011
NYC
https://www.amazon.com/Protector-Or...75454716&sr=8-13&keywords=orzly+iphone+7+plus

This is the protector I purchased for my 7 Plus. Great coverage, no halo effects around border, and excellent install process. I have not seen anyone post this one but I highly recommend it. I was holding out for the Zagg Luxe again as I loved it on my 6S and wanted similar coverage on my 7 Plus. I would buy this over and over, great deal at only $12.98 also! I am using this with the Spigen Liquid Armor case and have not had any issues yet.
just ordered one of these to try. will compare it to the turanta and see which i like better.

Bizzle79

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2011
New England
Just to add a data point about the Turanta SP for the 7 plus. I love it. It fits well and feels good with 3D touch and everything working as it should. I would recommend it (highly)

jabz10

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2008
New Zealand
Has anyone found a corning gorilla glass screen protector for the iPhone 7 Plus that is only 0.15mm thick with all the features? I used to use a corning gorilla glass version for my 6s but the seller on eBay has stopped selling. I won't use anything thicker after using the 0.15mm one it was awesome.

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
Has anyone found a corning gorilla glass screen protector for the iPhone 7 Plus that is only 0.15mm thick with all the features? I used to use a corning gorilla glass version for my 6s but the seller on eBay has stopped selling. I won't use anything thicker after using the 0.15mm one it was awesome.

Is there a reason why you like it thinner asides from possibly touch sensitivity issues?

Thinner isn't always better. For example, in case of a face first impact, a thicker glass protector will take more of a hit than your iphone's screen will, and will "likely" shatter first.

Thin glass protectors are harder to make edge-to-edge and curved. That's why I havent really seen any edge-to-edge thin glass protectors.

Reactions: miss.manson

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Lots of Chinese glass manufacturers were touting Corning Gorilla Glass up until Corning told them to cease and desist. Whether it actually is or isn't is up for debate, but you won't find anyone advertising it.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012

Does that count as one of your two replacements?

Silver11FX4

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
Hi Jerry,
No transition on the turanta. When the orzly comes it i will let you know.

I cannot feel any transition on my orzly. May pick up another as a spare just in case. I switched to my Spigen thin fit case for a couple days now and have not had any trouble with lifting. So far it appears to be case friendly while offering edge to edge protection.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
Just installed the Godosmith IceMax 3D. It came in a Titan box. Install went fine and all bubble pressed out with some heavy pressure.

The issue is that the edges definitely don't conform to the screen like a 3D should. There is a gap all the way around where the edge of the screen protector is not touching the phone. I'll try to take some pics tomorrow.

It sure is nice though to have an e2e with a minimalist case. I have the Orzly Flexislim right now but will be getting either a Tozo or Elago. The screen protector seamlessly transitions to the case without any gaps.

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
Just installed the Godosmith IceMax 3D. It came in a Titan box. Install went fine and all bubble pressed out with some heavy pressure.

The issue is that the edges definitely don't conform to the screen like a 3D should. There is a gap all the way around where the edge of the screen protector is not touching the phone. I'll try to take some pics tomorrow.

It sure is nice though to have an e2e with a minimalist case. I have the Orzly Flexislim right now but will be getting either a Tozo or Elago. The screen protector seamlessly transitions to the case without any gaps.

That is a shame. I may cancel the pre-order and order the Kyasi when the price lowers on Amazon since it will ship quicker.

Please post pics tomorrow as mentioned. I'd like really to see that gap.

chino-rican

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2012
Virginia
Ordered mine on 20 September and received it yesterday (3 Oct) so it took 13 days. I'm in Virginia, US, if that makes any difference.

I will say the product fits the iPhone 7. The cutouts match perfectly, at least on the one I received. Installation was easy, and it came with a wet wipe, a cloth, a dust remover (aka Scotch tape), and of course the protector itself. The instructions are obviously translated form Chinese, but made enough sense to me. If this is your first install, go on YouTube and research before attempting.

Note that this is an edge-to-edge 3D glass, so it MAY NOT fit along with your case. My wife's IP7 has an Apple silicone case, and when I initially tried to re-install the case, the screen protector started separating due to the tight fit. What I did was leave it overnight to "cure" and then tried again the next day, starting from the opposite end that started separating. So far so good.

I will take some pictures and post tonight.
[doublepost=1475590983][/doublepost]
Just installed the Godosmith IceMax 3D. It came in a Titan box.
The one I ordered from Aliexpress also came in a Titan box.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.