Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sammy2066

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2007
I picked up a saddle brown leather case, and a Tech21 Evo Glass screen protector (this one comes with lifetime warranty and an applicator cut-out) - will post initial impressions after I install tomorrow.

https://www.tech21.com/en_us/evo-glass-for-wandsworth

Funny thing though - I spent 10 minutes in the store examining the box, which makes absolutely NO reference to this product being designed for an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus. It's simply a plain white box with a product name, some marketing speak and 4.7" or 5.5" written on the front; nothing on the back or inlay either. I finally had to Google the SKU code on the back to confirm. Surprisingly, these don't seem to be on Amazon yet, and the Tech21 website does not have photos of the box, so there's really no other way to verify, other than Googling the SKU code.

Attachments

• IMG_1982.JPG
    IMG_1982.JPG
    733.8 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_1983.JPG
    IMG_1983.JPG
    839.3 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1984.JPG
    IMG_1984.JPG
    697.1 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
Here you go. Not the best quality, but enough to see what I was talking about. Looking back now at pictures of the godosmith ice max for the 6+, the Orzly looks to be awfully close if not exactly the same in terms of the edge, so perhaps this is as good as it gets.

Thanks! This is definitely better than the Ice Max. This is still a small gap, but definitely the best I've seen so far.

A couple folllow up questions:

1. How are the cut-out for the earpiece and sensors?...Do they align properly?

2. Do you remember if there was full adhesive on the back?...i.e. surrounding the sensors and all around home button? This is a common issue with a lot of glass protectors that only have adhesive on the bottom portion of the earpiece and sensors. This top "opening" causes dust and debris to get in that I see a lot of people complain about.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: willmtaylor

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Here you go. Not the best quality, but enough to see what I was talking about. Looking back now at pictures of the godosmith ice max for the 6+, the Orzly looks to be awfully close if not exactly the same in terms of the edge, so perhaps this is as good as it gets.
That's quite nice. As good as I've seen.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Best one I've seen so far!

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
You don't happen to have a CrashGuard do you? If these two play nice together (no lifting), they may be the perfect combo.

krick

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2009
1. How are the cut-out for the earpiece and sensors?...Do they align properly?

2. Do you remember if there was full adhesive on the back?...i.e. surrounding the sensors and all around home button? This is a common issue with a lot of glass protectors that only have adhesive on the bottom portion of the earpiece and sensors. This top "opening" causes dust and debris to get in that I see a lot of people complain about.

Earpiece cutout aligns properly. There's no glass cutout for the sensors or camera, but the cutouts in the black color for those do align properly.

I don't recall the back adhesive coverage - sorry.

It sucks though that the 7 plus model won't be shipped out till the beginning of November!

This is the 7+.

The orzly is starting to pick up fingerprints already. Turata definetly better in that aspect.

Yeah - I would agree that while it is definitely oleophobic, it's not as good as some other screen protectors that I've used.

You don't happen to have a CrashGuard do you? If these two play nice together (no lifting), they may be the perfect combo.

Nope. Apple leather case. No lifting.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
The orzly is starting to pick up fingerprints already. Turata definetly better in that aspect.
Does the black border on either one slightly cover the viewable area of the screen?

I'm pretty happy with my current SP, but it does ever so slightly overlap.

Dkrcubsfan

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2016
Earpiece cutout aligns properly. There's no glass cutout for the sensors or camera, but the cutouts in the black color for those do align properly.

I don't recall the back adhesive coverage - sorry.
This might seem a bit strange, but blow in your earpiece. If the windows for the camera and prox sensor fog up, no adhesive.

This is my only complaint for the Turata. Has small specks starting accumulate. Other than that it fits great, even with the crashguard.

Attachments

• IMG_1187.JPG
    IMG_1187.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
How is the Orzly with finger prints. The Icemax is very good but I feel it's slightly too big. The Orzly in your pics looks a little smaller which would be good for cases.
I tried my old Sheath (iphone6) and it lifts the new Icemax. It never lifted my Icemax on my 6.

b0rg

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2009
Just went to the Apple Store Highpoint in Melbourne Australia to install the invisglass ultra on my jetblack. I know the previous ones have an issue with width but I was fine with this until the new ones were released.

When he installed it with the contraption, i noticed it was wider and they edges were tapered.

So belkin have sent out new protectors.

I'll take a few photos tonight

Lets hope your right, im really interessted how the "new" Belkin invisglass ultra look like, i hope you can post picture soon.

crazymeeshu

macrumors regular
May 5, 2015
West Virginia
Just got the iPhone 7 Ice Max 3D shipped in a TITAN.GLASS box, and not only did they only ship 1 of the 2 covers I ordered, but the iPhone 7 version is complete garbage compared to the iPhone 6/6s version.

Apart from the cutouts being lined up properly, the rounding on the border is basically non existent. With the iPhone 6/6s version you could run your thumb off the edge of the glass and just barely feel the transition to the back/side aluminum. With the iPhone 7 version, there's a very noticeable ledge.

I'm going to contact Amazon and request a refund.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
Just got the iPhone 7 Ice Max 3D from Amazon, shipped in a TITAN.GLASS box, and not only did they only ship 1 of the 2 covers I ordered, but the iPhone 7 version is complete garbage compared to the iPhone 6/6s version.

Apart from the cutouts being lined up properly, the rounding on the border is basically non existent. With the iPhone 6/6s version you could run your thumb off the edge of the glass and just barely feel the transition to the back/side aluminum. With the iPhone 7 version, there's a very noticeable ledge.

Just wondering if you think the glass I just too big. I'm thinking they could have taken off 1mm on each side.

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
Just got the iPhone 7 Ice Max 3D shipped in a TITAN.GLASS box, and not only did they only ship 1 of the 2 covers I ordered, but the iPhone 7 version is complete garbage compared to the iPhone 6/6s version.

I submitted a request from the seller to cancel my order of the iPhone 7 Ice Max based on pictures here from a previous page of the big "gap", and the not-really 3D edges.

The seller replied back, trying to convince to not cancel the order by stating they will ship an extra Ice Max for free for the long wait in shipping.

I have escalated this with Amazon, hopefully with them contacting the seller, G.D. Smith will be more inclined to cancel my order.

The Ice Max for the iPhone 7 is definitely a decrease in quality from the previous model. I'm disappointed as I had high expectations from them.

Reactions: Boardiesboi

crazymeeshu

macrumors regular
May 5, 2015
West Virginia
I submitted a request from the seller to cancel my order of the iPhone 7 Ice Max based on pictures here from a previous page of the big "gap", and the not-really 3D edges.

The seller replied back, trying to convince to not cancel the order by stating they will ship an extra Ice Max for free for the long wait in shipping.

I have escalated this with Amazon, hopefully with them contacting the seller, G.D. Smith will be more inclined to cancel my order.

The Ice Max for the iPhone 7 is definitely a decrease in quality from the previous model. I'm disappointed as I had high expectations from them.

Me too. I'm glad I saved the 6s Ice Max that I temporarily had on my iPhone 7. The auto brightness doesn't work as the sensor is blocked, but that's a small price to pay for a perfect screen protector.

Reactions: Boardiesboi

dbstr

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2011
What screen protector is recommended to go along with the Apple leather case? :)

j3T

Suspended
Feb 13, 2013
I think I'm just going to go with a plastic matte screenprotector for now. All the glass ones seem crap. I've tried 7 different ones now (I wish I were kidding) and so far all of them are either made for the 6S, or the edges don't stick.
Manufacturers need to get their **** together and produce a decent product.

anthonybkny

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2011
NYC
https://www.amazon.com/Protector-Or...75454716&sr=8-13&keywords=orzly+iphone+7+plus

This is the protector I purchased for my 7 Plus. Great coverage, no halo effects around border, and excellent install process. I have not seen anyone post this one but I highly recommend it. I was holding out for the Zagg Luxe again as I loved it on my 6S and wanted similar coverage on my 7 Plus. I would buy this over and over, great deal at only $12.98 also! I am using this with the Spigen Liquid Armor case and have not had any issues yet.
this really is the best tempered glass protector out right now. thanks for the heads up

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
https://www.amazon.com/Protector-Or...75454716&sr=8-13&keywords=orzly+iphone+7+plus

This is the protector I purchased for my 7 Plus. Great coverage, no halo effects around border, and excellent install process. I have not seen anyone post this one but I highly recommend it. I was holding out for the Zagg Luxe again as I loved it on my 6S and wanted similar coverage on my 7 Plus. I would buy this over and over, great deal at only $12.98 also! I am using this with the Spigen Liquid Armor case and have not had any issues yet.

Could you take some pics of the protector with the Spigen case on. I'd like to see the transition where they meet.

dan-K

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012

Will this fit with my BSE back skin?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.