Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rwings01

Suspended
Aug 17, 2010
YELLOW TINT IPHONE 12 PANELS
IMG_0120.JPG IMG_0121.JPG IMG_0122.JPG IMG_0123.JPG IMG_0124.JPG IMG_0125.JPG IMG_0126.JPG IMG_0127.JPG IMG_0128.JPG

Just installed the Orzly 3D glass protector and very satisfied with it. Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures, bad lighting. Very easy install and no bubbles at all. Screen is very smooth swiping and no issues with 3D. No distortion whatsoever. Would highly recommend for the price.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6thDAY

crazymeeshu

macrumors regular
May 5, 2015
West Virginia
Just installed the Orzly 3D glass protector and very satisfied with it. Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures, bad lighting. Very easy install and no bubbles at all. Screen is very smooth swiping and no issues with 3D. No distortion whatsoever. Would highly recommend for the price.

Are there cutouts for the front camera and sensors, or are they just windows in the glass?

krick

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2009
Reactions: crazymeeshu

crazymeeshu

macrumors regular
May 5, 2015
West Virginia
I don't understand - either you guys are defining "cutouts" differently than I do, or your Orzlys are different from mine because mine does not have cutouts in the glass for the camera or sensors.

A cutout is a hole that would allow dust and debris to collect around that area. If it's a window (an unpainted area of the glass) then it would prevent dust and debris from collecting in that area.

Is it a hole or a window?
[doublepost=1476073149][/doublepost]
On the orzly, the front camera and sensors are under glass. The only cut outs are ear piece and home button.

This is exactly what I wanted to know.

rwings01

Suspended
Aug 17, 2010
A cutout is a hole that would allow dust and debris to collect around that area. If it's a window (an unpainted area of the glass) then it would prevent dust and debris from collecting in that area.

Is it a hole or a window?
[doublepost=1476073149][/doublepost]

This is exactly what I wanted to know.

My Orzly 3D pro fit edge to edge screen protector has the cutouts for the front camera and sensors (not under glass). You can see the video in my post #617, page 25.

Piggy_Hilton

Suspended
Sep 12, 2016
I will get an Anker or techarmor edge to edge product as soon as it's out. I have never ever had a bad experience with their customer service and they don't cost too much either.
It seems that you are helping Anker to promote its products. I used Anker tempered glass screen protector before, it is just so so, not that good quality.

sn00p

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2009
Ive always had a thing for Tech Armor products, but I decided to try a different brand is time around, I've actually tinkered with a few on Amazon. The most satisfying one I have come across so far is G-Color. Truly Edge to Edge and works flawlessly with the Apple Silicone Case. Even came with a free clear bumper, not that I'd use it, but makes for a nice freebie. For $20 I feel like this is a solid investment. G-Color's Privacy Screen is also great too, but not Edge to Edge. If they make one, I'm sold. I'm waiting on Klearlook's Edge to Edge Privacy Screen to become available for Prime. Alas, see pictures below.

Overall from the ones I've tried, I'd recommend G-Color and Klearlook. Jelly Comb was far too flimsy and scratched too easily. Joto was in that same stay away from boat too for the same reason.

Thanks for this recommendation, I've been sick of trying to find one which actually fitted the iPhone 7 plus screen (i.e was bigger than the screen area) so when I read your post I went to see if it was available on amazon uk....and it was!

Came this morning, took a couple of attempts to get it spot on (there was a little message in the box which was mentioning a sticker to help with aligning, but I couldn't find it....only after did I realise that the message was printed on the sticker! lol

Covers the screen and cutouts perfectly, plays nicely with the Orzly clear clase I purchased! Finally I'm rainbow free now, plus it protects the whole screen.

Can't thank you enough for posting about this! :D

Just ordered a second one for my wifes phone (only ordered one just in case it didn't fit as expected!).

Reactions: CaptMarvel

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
Those who use the edge to edge protectors, how well does it work with the apple silicone case? I've never used one before and am afraid that it won't fit properly.

rwings01

Suspended
Aug 17, 2010
That doesn't jive with what was posted above by @anthonybkny.

Those that have this cover: are the front camera & sensors covered by glass or not?

Never mind, just checked my Orzly and the only cutouts are the top speaker and home button. Sorry for the confusion. Still love this protector
[doublepost=1476105914][/doublepost]
Those who use the edge to edge protectors, how well does it work with the apple silicone case? I've never used one before and am afraid that it won't fit properly.

I returned my Apple silicone case, but can confirm the Orzly pro fit 3D edge to edge it does fit without lifting the protector.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.