Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
Never mind, just checked my Orzly and the only cutouts are the top speaker and home button. Sorry for the confusion. Still love this protector
[doublepost=1476105914][/doublepost]

I returned my Apple silicone case, but can confirm the Orzly pro fit 3D edge to edge it does fit without lifting the protector.

Awesome, thanks! Going to look into that protector for sure. Would like something edge to edge.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Are there any tempered glass out there that don't have rainbow effect?

Would u recommend all clear protector or one with colored bezels to look more seamless ?

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Thanks for this recommendation, I've been sick of trying to find one which actually fitted the iPhone 7 plus screen (i.e was bigger than the screen area) so when I read your post I went to see if it was available on amazon uk....and it was!

Came this morning, took a couple of attempts to get it spot on (there was a little message in the box which was mentioning a sticker to help with aligning, but I couldn't find it....only after did I realise that the message was printed on the sticker! lol

Covers the screen and cutouts perfectly, plays nicely with the Orzly clear clase I purchased! Finally I'm rainbow free now, plus it protects the whole screen.

Can't thank you enough for posting about this! :D

Just ordered a second one for my wifes phone (only ordered one just in case it didn't fit as expected!).

Cheers! Glad it worked out for you as well! It also took me a few tries, but it was because I kept getting lint under the protector during install. But in the end well worth it. I've also recommended to a few friends and they purchased theirs too.

Those who use the edge to edge protectors, how well does it work with the apple silicone case? I've never used one before and am afraid that it won't fit properly.

Check my post back on page 27 for pictures of my combo. I have the G-Color Egde to Edge and it works perfectly with the Apple Silicone Case. Hope this helps!
[doublepost=1476108504][/doublepost]
Are there any tempered glass out there that don't have rainbow effect?

Would u recommend all clear protector or one with colored bezels to look more seamless ?

G-Color has no rainbow effect. And surprisingly my first thought was to try to always find a clear one, but I opted for the black bezel and it really looks seamless. Check my post back on page 27 for pictures.

Last edited:

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Cheers! Glad it worked out for you as well! It also took me a few tries, but it was because I kept getting lint under the protector during install. But in the end well worth it. I've also recommended to a few friends and they purchased theirs too.

Check my post back on page 25 for pictures of my combo. I have the G-Color Egde to Edge and it works perfectly with the Apple Silicone Case. Hope this helps!
[doublepost=1476108504][/doublepost]

G-Color has no rainbow effect. And surprisingly my first thought was to try to always find a clear one, but I opted for the black bezel and it really looks seamless. Check my post back on page 25 for pictures.

Didn't see it on page 25?

20 seems like a lot.

The 12 dollar one that's colored bezel is that not 3D compatible? And what about the non colored one that's way cheaper like 10 bucks for the 2pack?

Last edited:

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Didn't see it on page 25?

20 seems like a lot.

The 12 dollar one that's colored bezel is that not 3D compatible? And what about the non colored one that's way cheaper like 10 bucks for the 2pack?

Oops, I meant page 27. Yea, $20 is a little steep when in comparison to some of the others that may be cheaper or less than $10. Sometimes price is releative to the investment. The other that I did try was Jelly Comb which was Edge to Edge was also, but certainly not as thick as the G-Color that I have now. It also scratched easily (the colored bezel) as I think it was just think plastic where as the G-Color feels like the whole piece is glass.

I can't speak on the other one that doesn't mention being 3D compatible. In the description for the two pack clear, I didn't see mention of edge to edge functionality...funny enough the one I purchase for $20 didn't mention it, I just gathered that much from the reviews.

Dkrcubsfan

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2016
Anyone who purchased the Orzly from Amazon, did it ship from G-Hub? Just placed my order and it's stating over a month till delivery, hoping its sooner.

krick

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2009
A cutout is a hole that would allow dust and debris to collect around that area. If it's a window (an unpainted area of the glass) then it would prevent dust and debris from collecting in that area.

Is it a hole or a window?
[doublepost=1476073149][/doublepost]

This is exactly what I wanted to know.

Oops - I was being facetious when I suggested that there might be different definitions of the word, but I did seriously think that there might be different versions of the protector floating around because of the other post indicating that theirs did have cutouts. That has now been cleared up, however, and it seems definitive that there is only one version of this protector and it does not have cutouts.

Raunien

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2011
For those using the Orzly, are there any hard polycarbonate cases that you think might work with the screen protector?

I'm want to use an e2e, but I'm afraid my current case won't be compatible.

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
Anyone who purchased the Orzly from Amazon, did it ship from G-Hub? Just placed my order and it's stating over a month till delivery, hoping its sooner.

This has put me off buying it. I just sent them an email regarding that Nov delivery date. I'll let you know the status.

joce09

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2015
I bought the Turata earlier last week after seeing some postings about it, I just installed it because I didn't really have a chance to install it until now. I think it turned out, in my opinion. Although I do have two trouble areas but they don't bother me unless the screen is off. I am hoping that they disappear after a day, but I am slightly doubtful. I attached a picture of the trouble spots, I hope it turns out okay I took the picture with my 12.9 Pro.

Also on one note, my Spigen Neo Hybrid Crystal case causes the protector to lift up but my cheapie Luvvitt Ultra Armor case fits just fine.
IMG_0004.JPG

icemanchanx

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2011
I bought the Turata earlier last week after seeing some postings about it, I just installed it because I didn't really have a chance to install it until now. I think it turned out, in my opinion. Although I do have two trouble areas but they don't bother me unless the screen is off. I am hoping that they disappear after a day, but I am slightly doubtful. I attached a picture of the trouble spots, I hope it turns out okay I took the picture with my 12.9 Pro.

Also on one note, my Spigen Neo Hybrid Crystal case causes the protector to lift up but my cheapie Luvvitt Ultra Armor case fits just fine. View attachment 664509

joce09, would u be able to post an up-close image of the area where the turata and the Luvvitt meet? We have the same Spigen case and have noticed lifting on the occasion and might consider getting the Luvvitt.

joce09

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2015
joce09, would u be able to post an up-close image of the area where the turata and the Luvvitt meet? We have the same Spigen case and have noticed lifting on the occasion and might consider getting the Luvvitt.

IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG
Sure! I would probably say that they meet at the edges together without any space in between. Also if need be I can take other pictures with my boyfriend's 6s Plus if the iPad doesn't really capture it.

HengenJL

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2007
Rochester, NY
I installed the Turata glass screen protector tonight, looks really nice when installed correctly. Unfortunately both cases that I have cause lifting of the turata. I've got the Spigen Tough Armor and Spigen Slim Armor CS. There is enough lift to allow dust & debris to get under the turata. Disappointed in the Turata, will probably send it back.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I installed the Turata glass screen protector tonight, looks really nice when installed correctly. Unfortunately both cases that I have cause lifting of the turata. I've got the Spigen Tough Armor and Spigen Slim Armor CS. There is enough lift to allow dust & debris to get under the turata. Disappointed in the Turata, will probably send it back.
So it does or doesn't have lift without your cases?

chino-rican

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2012
Virginia
Update on the GD Smith tempered glass (Titan) I got from Ali Express. It will fit the Apple silicon case, but will cause some issues. For example, the edges will lift slightly and will form small bubbles (see picture with arrow on top right corner of screen). I also included a picture of the bottom edge for those who want to see how it covers the screen. It really is a nice TG, just not compatible with the Apple case.
fullsizeoutput_217f.jpeg
IMG_4453.JPG

[doublepost=1476149355][/doublepost]
Are they actual cutouts (for the front camera and sensors), or are they a transparent "window" like on the Turata?
The camera and light sensor are cutouts. The proximity sensor is a window.

Reactions: ctbear

Abs_p

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2011
It seems that you are helping Anker to promote its products. I used Anker tempered glass screen protector before, it is just so so, not that good quality.

hardly. I am using turata right now.

I have used Anker Edge-to-edge glassguard+ and it was pretty good. Broke it and they sent me another one for free. Praising a company =/= promoting. I mentioned techarmor as well.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Update on the GD Smith tempered glass (Titan) I got from Ali Express. It will fit the Apple silicon case, but will cause some issues. For example, the edges will lift slightly and will form small bubbles (see picture with arrow on top right corner of screen). I also included a picture of the bottom edge for those who want to see how it covers the screen. It really is a nice TG, just not compatible with the Apple case.

So is there a gap running around the edges of this GD Smith Titan? Your second pic doesn't seem to have this gap.

But other pics of GD Smith on previous pages seem to show a very big gap where dust can get trapped?

HengenJL

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2007
Rochester, NY
Ok, so you're returning it bc it doesn't fit with your cases and not bc it's a faulty product?
Correct, it's not faulty at all. It's a really nice protector without any case on it, unfortunately I work in a semi-industrial are and need the protection of both a case and screen protector.

fultonjt

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2011
Denver, CO
Ordered these before I realized it was only $29 for a screen replacement with AC+. Anyway, thought I was getting the curved glass protectors from G.D. Smith, only to have these show up and be something completely different all together
Glass1.JPG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.