Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
I saw these glass screen protectors at Walmart called "ProGlass" it's in a tin container and it was only $9.99. I didn't buy it, but I'm curious if anyone tried it and how the quality is.

khakiman

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2009
I saw these glass screen protectors at Walmart called "ProGlass" it's in a tin container and it was only $9.99. I didn't buy it, but I'm curious if anyone tried it and how the quality is.
I bought a 6S Plus one for my 7 Plus just as a temp and for the money its not a bad protector. It is all clear glass like the zagg protectors. easy to install no bubbles.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Let us know when you heat back from them.

I am going to return my IceMax to Amazon when my Orzly comes in today.

So how is the Orzly? Any pics?

Aliexpress replied regarding their Godosmith "Titan.Glass". They initially said it was definitely the IceMax 3D in a different packaging but then I sent them pics and they apologised and said they will forward this "issue" to their R&D team to improve the product (pretty sure they won't).

Then they offered to send me a replacement (Why would I if it's going to be exactly the same???) or refund. I opted for a refund and they deposited the money direct to my Paypal account.

Still trying to find that E2E 3D protector with no gaps. Orzly Pro Fit 3D seems to be the best from this thread?

Last edited:

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
Thanks for the link. I actually wanted to make sure you purchased it from G-HUB USA. I wanted to make sure they were respectable. I saw on a previous thread that they had sent out the wrong screen protector.

Ghub treated me very well. I bought an orzly 3d, it didn't adhere to a corner and Ghub contacted me and is sending me a free replacement. I would definitely buy from them again.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
I bought a 6S Plus one for my 7 Plus just as a temp and for the money its not a bad protector. It is all clear glass like the zagg protectors. easy to install no bubbles.

Thanks!! Actually read the reviews online and they were really good - might actually give it a try and see what it's like.

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
Ghub treated me very well. I bought an orzly 3d, it didn't adhere to a corner and Ghub contacted me and is sending me a free replacement. I would definitely buy from them again.

Pretty lame, the 7 ships right away but the 7 Plus versions doesn't ship until beginning of November.

The Kyasi I ordered for 7 Plus is coming today or tomorrow. I'll post some pics when I get it.

AnthonySmith

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2011
Southern CA
I've had great success with Spigen Glas.tr Slim on my prior phones.

I'll be putting it on tonight when I get home from work, my 7+ JB is waiting for me at home!

305dade

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2016
I have been using the Belkin Ultra glass from Apple. Although it does not cover the entire screen it is indeed clear and installation is very forgiving with reapplying if doing it manually.

Keeps my mind at ease in my gym bag.

awmstone

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2015
Redondo Beach, CA
Well, chalk up yet another unhappy customer for the G.D. Smith "Ice Max"/Titan.Glass from Amazon. UGH! Shipped those suckers right back.

I had one on my phone that was from D&P and while it "looked" like maybe it wasn't adhering all the way, it fit nicely with my Apple Silicone case. I thought it was "good enough" until my G.D. Smith Protectors arrived. Boy was I wrong.

I had the same garbage arrive that everyone else did. Literally no curve at all. I ripped it off, packed it up, and put something else on as a back up called Tate Guard "The Choice of 90%" o_O Who is willing to have that slogan on their packaging? But I'll tell you? It's WAY better - I would choose it 10X out of 10 over G.D. Smith.

The first couple of pics are the D&P, the next - well, it won't take a rocket scientist, but that's the horrid G.D. SMITH, and then a couple of the Tate Guard.

Orzly, here I come.....

IMG_0213.jpg IMG_0214.jpg IMG_0215.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0216.jpg
    IMG_0216.jpg
    616.2 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0217.jpg
    IMG_0217.jpg
    968.4 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_0218.jpg
    IMG_0218.jpg
    501.1 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_0220.jpg
    IMG_0220.jpg
    768.7 KB · Views: 246

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Well, chalk up yet another unhappy customer for the G.D. Smith "Ice Max"/Titan.Glass from Amazon. UGH! Shipped those suckers right back.

I had one on my phone that was from D&P and while it "looked" like maybe it wasn't adhering all the way, it fit nicely with my Apple Silicone case. I thought it was "good enough" until my G.D. Smith Protectors arrived. Boy was I wrong.

I had the same garbage arrive that everyone else did. Literally no curve at all. I ripped it off, packed it up, and put something else on as a back up called Tate Guard "The Choice of 90%" o_O Who is willing to have that slogan on their packaging? But I'll tell you? It's WAY better - I would choose it 10X out of 10 over G.D. Smith.

The first couple of pics are the D&P, the next - well, it won't take a rocket scientist, but that's the horrid G.D. SMITH, and then a couple of the Tate Guard.

Orzly, here I come.....

View attachment 665312 View attachment 665313 View attachment 665314
Thanks for the comparisons and the pics. Nice round up.

cable0guy

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2012
So I returned my Orzly (came with a scratch) and put on a Turata. Quick comparison:

Orzly is thicker/heavier than Turata
Orzly is harder to type/tap vs. Turata
Orzly has better openings for sensors vs. Turata
Orzly came with a nifty plastic lifting tool. Turata doesn't
Orzly is larger by a tiny bit (and better protection?) than Turata

I highly recommend Turata over Orzly mainly because I found that I couldn't type/tap with Orzly without getting frustrated

awmstone

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2015
Redondo Beach, CA
Thanks for the pics and review! I'm glad I'm not the only one that's completely disappointed with the GDSmith offering for the 7/7+.

I just ordered the Orzly Pro Fit 3d from Amazon and will post pics once they get here (in 2 weeks lol)
I'll post my Orzly pics as soon as I can. Mine should arrive for the 7 tomorrow.

Berriman

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2016
macrumors 68040
I'd like this subforum to have a go to place for discussion regarding glass screen protectors either for the iPhone 7 or 7 plus. This can be for standard variety or edge to edge (E2E).

Has anyone found glass screen protectors for the 7 yet? Which manufacturers? Anyone taking preorders?

I will buy my iPhone 7 plus tonight. So I also want to know which you all would choose the protector for your iPhone?
Today I search for the iPhone 7 Plus screen cover and find a brand is good and have a plan to pre-order it.
What do you all think?
Thank you
[doublepost=1476417101][/doublepost]
I'd like this subforum to have a go to place for discussion regarding glass screen protectors either for the iPhone 7 or 7 plus. This can be for standard variety or edge to edge (E2E).

Has anyone found glass screen protectors for the 7 yet? Which manufacturers? Anyone taking preorders?

I will buy my iPhone 7 plus tonight. So I also want to know which you all would choose the protector for your iPhone?
Today I search for the iPhone 7 Plus screen cover and find a brand is good and have a plan to pre-order it for my new iPhone.
What do you all think?
Thank you

crazymeeshu

macrumors regular
May 5, 2015
West Virginia
The Orzly I received today is a little better than the Godosmith, but not by much.

The glass and oleophobic coating on the Ice Max 3D is second only to Apple's OEM glass. The Orzly is worse. The Orzly also appears to have a defect in the glass that makes it look like there's a chip in it.

The cutouts and edges are nearly perfect on the Orzly.

Still nothing compared to the *perfect* iPhone 6/6s Ice Max 3D.
[doublepost=1476418042][/doublepost]Also, the Orzly does not round the edges around the home button cutout. Very annoying.

Also also, the Orzly glass texture is more gritty than smooth like the Ice Max 3D.

Last edited:

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
The Orzly I received today is a little better than the Godosmith, but not by much.

The glass and oleophobic coating on the Ice Max 3D is second only to Apple's OEM glass. The Orzly is worse. The Orzly also appears to have a defect in the glass that makes it look like there's a chip in it.

The cutouts and edges are nearly perfect on the Orzly.

Still nothing compared to the *perfect* iPhone 6/6s Ice Max 3D.
[doublepost=1476418042][/doublepost]Also, the Orzly does not round the edges around the home button cutout. Very annoying.

Can you post some pics? I've got orzly coming in 2 weeks

PlainBurger

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2016
Hey guys so just got the Turata installed it with the Spigen Neo Hybrid and it fits great and looks great. Only problem I noticed was that it was not sized correctly and ended up slightly cutting off part of the screen on both sides. Anyone else run into that problem or just an isolated incident?

AnthonySmith

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2011
Southern CA

Its great so far, no complaints. Clear, thin enough, and the rounded edges are nice I guess.

I had TechArmor on my iPhone 6S (after I broke the Spigen) and it started chipping on the ends quite a bit.

I also noticed scratches on that protector and I always remember these Spigen protectors to be very clear after months of use.

Reactions: danny8200
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.