Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eduardboon

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2012
I bought Panzerglass; but somehow it keeps lifting up by itself and there's a TON of dust underneath.

Then I got a cheap TG one that fitted well; but there was one hair underneath the cover; I tried to remove it with tape; but touched my phone and other places on the protector; I'm horrible with this stuff.

Is it possible that reusing a protector can cause damage to your phone? Without protector I saw a lot of smudges on the phone before reapplying the protector; and there's small damage on the protector where the hair was + tapesmudges. What would you guys recommend here?

Eduardboon

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2012
Alright; just pulled the protector off. The screen is kinda sticky now; wiping it doesn't get rid of it. Hope it'll go away in a few days because it feels horrible like this. Hopefully the coating isn't ruined.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
I bought Panzerglass; but somehow it keeps lifting up by itself and there's a TON of dust underneath.

Then I got a cheap TG one that fitted well; but there was one hair underneath the cover; I tried to remove it with tape; but touched my phone and other places on the protector; I'm horrible with this stuff.

Is it possible that reusing a protector can cause damage to your phone? Without protector I saw a lot of smudges on the phone before reapplying the protector; and there's small damage on the protector where the hair was + tapesmudges. What would you guys recommend here?

Alright; just pulled the protector off. The screen is kinda sticky now; wiping it doesn't get rid of it. Hope it'll go away in a few days because it feels horrible like this. Hopefully the coating isn't ruined.

maybe try the dust removal tape on the adhesive side of the actual protector if you were having things get stuck to that...as for your actual phone screen, any screen cleaner should do...just be sure to use the solution on a lint free cloth instead of spraying the screen directly.

barachus

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
Of the few I have tested so far, the orzly 3D is my favourite
It looks like a solid plane of glass with painted black edges, so there is no join between glass and border like some of the others, and the front camera and sensor are windows not cutouts
So it looks closest like the bare iPhone screen
Time will tell if it has a lifting or dust issue, but I will be keeping this for now

Reactions: anthonybkny

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
Of the few I have tested so far, the orzly 3D is my favourite
It looks like a solid plane of glass with painted black edges, so there is no join between glass and border like some of the others, and the front camera and sensor are windows not cutouts
So it looks closest like the bare iPhone screen
Time will tell if it has a lifting or dust issue, but I will be keeping this for now

Are you using a case with it too? If yes, does it fit properly?

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Correct, it's not faulty at all. It's a really nice protector without any case on it, unfortunately I work in a semi-industrial are and need the protection of both a case and screen protector.
I dunno, seems shady to return a perfectly good product and demand your money back not because the product was faulty but because it's no compatible with another product.

Maybe it's just me.

Reactions: charlesdayton

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
I am using it with the Tozo case
So it's not an issue, the case is very minimalist, it doesn't come up to the screen area at all

Ah i see. I'm thinking about getting one and am currently using the Apple silicone case. Hoping it works with that.

CanAusderMeile

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
Are there any updates about the new belkin invisiglass charge? I got my invisi glass directly by apple store with the machine. It feels awesome :)

Ipadlover29

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2011
Are there any updates about the new belkin invisiglass charge? I got my invisi glass directly by apple store with the machine. It feels awesome :)

Does your cover the whole screen? I've read many reports of it not covering the screen part completely.

HengenJL

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2007
Rochester, NY
I dunno, seems shady to return a perfectly good product and demand your money back not because the product was faulty but because it's no compatible with another product.

Maybe it's just me.
So you'd gladly waste $13 for a product that doesn't meet your expectations? That too me is foolhardy.

jhearty99

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
Long Island, NY
Has anyone had the Belkin Inivisiglass installed on an iPhone 7 in the past few days? I know the original version did not fit the screen correctly, however, there is a recent product review on Belkins website that says:

"Not sure if Belkin has changed the design in the recent days/weeks since the iPhone 7 release, but I feel it is the perfect fit for my device. My screen protector goes from edge to edge of the actual screen image/pixels and basically where the touch ends on both sides-yet doesn't interfere with the functionality of the touch screen."

There are also some pictures with the review. Wondering if Belkin corrected the issue and sent out new protectors to Apple.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Ordered these before I realized it was only $29 for a screen replacement with AC+. Anyway, thought I was getting the curved glass protectors from G.D. Smith, only to have these show up and be something completely different all together View attachment 664760 .

Exactly the same here.

Bought the 3D Curve from GDSmith and AliExpress for the 7+, fully expecting something like the ice max 3D (which was truly 3D edge to edge with no side gaps). Instead I got

- "Titan.Glass"
- definitely not 3D as they claim. It's basically a flat surface with edges dipping at 45 degrees.
- You can actually see through the gap between the speaker grilles at the bottom, all the way through the home button opening.
- 2mm gap all the way around the edges between the protector and the phone where dust and lint get trapped
- sub standard coating - fingerprints already showing after 8 hrs

Extremely disappointed with this purchase. Anyway I can get a refund from aliexpress? Their customer service is shocking and I probably wasted my money :(

CanAusderMeile

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
Does your cover the whole screen? I've read many reports of it not covering the screen part completely.

Nope, its like the posted pictures here in thread, you can see the rainbow effecr because it does not cover the whole (useable are of screen).

Still like it, its very thin! Never had such a thin glas protector, also its feels 1:1 like the original screen from iPhone. Happy with the purchase for 29€

Did you get it installed for the iphone 7 or 7 plus?

For the iPhone 7 MB

Winryito

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2015
Got my Orzly 3D pro fit protector today and the install was very smooth. I did have to lift it up over n over for quite a bit to get rid of every lint and dust that got trapped while I was applying. I am very happy with the fit and clarity, however I do wish they made it thinner. Using the home button feels kind of awkward, could be my lack of experience with a full coverage screen protector. I made another 2 purchase and they are coming in on Thursday, one for my mom's iPhone and one for back up.

P.S: I am also using BSE glossy wrap and the screen protector fits perfectly with the wrap.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Got my Orzly 3D pro fit protector today and the install was very smooth. I did have to lift it up over n over for quite a bit to get rid of every lint and dust that got trapped while I was applying. I am very happy with the fit and clarity, however I do wish they made it thinner. Using the home button feels kind of awkward, could be my lack of experience with a full coverage screen protector. I made another 2 purchase and they are coming in on Thursday, one for my mom's iPhone and one for back up.

P.S: I am also using BSE glossy wrap and the screen protector fits perfectly with the wrap.

Are there any gaps between the protector and the phone? Can you please share some pics?

Winryito

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2015
Are there any gaps between the protector and the phone? Can you please share some pics?

It's hard to take a good picture with my iPad 2 but here it is, lol. I don't see any gap, no dust has gotten in yet it's only been half a day.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    930.8 KB · Views: 1,678
  • IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    953.2 KB · Views: 421

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
It's hard to take a good picture with my iPad 2 but here it is, lol. I don't see any gap, no dust has gotten in yet it's only been half a day.

Thanks for the pics.

I've taken some of the Godosmith "Titan.Glass" which they claim is actually IceMax 3D when I emailed them on Aliexpress about my dissatisfaction. There is no way this is the same. Look at that gap! The top of the screen doesn't even curve down to meet the phone.

IMG_4303.JPG IMG_4217.JPG IMG_4216.JPG IMG_4215.JPG IMG_4214.JPG

Here is one of the IceMax 3D on the iPhone 6s Plus for comparison.

IMG_3706.JPG

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
Thanks for the pics.

I've taken some of the Godosmith "Titan.Glass" which they claim is actually IceMax 3D when I emailed them on Aliexpress about my dissatisfaction. There is no way this is the same. Look at that gap! The top of the screen doesn't even curve down to meet the phone.
Let us know when you hear back from them.
I am going to return my IceMax to Amazon when my Orzly comes in today.

Last edited:

RobtheJedii

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
Washington D.C

Did you buy them from Amazon? Link?

fultonjt

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2011
Denver, CO
Exactly the same here.

Bought the 3D Curve from GDSmith and AliExpress for the 7+, fully expecting something like the ice max 3D (which was truly 3D edge to edge with no side gaps). Instead I got

- "Titan.Glass"
- definitely not 3D as they claim. It's basically a flat surface with edges dipping at 45 degrees.
- You can actually see through the gap between the speaker grilles at the bottom, all the way through the home button opening.
- 2mm gap all the way around the edges between the protector and the phone where dust and lint get trapped
- sub standard coating - fingerprints already showing after 8 hrs

Extremely disappointed with this purchase. Anyway I can get a refund from aliexpress? Their customer service is shocking and I probably wasted my money :(

I opened a dispute with them and they asked for pictures (and tried to pawn these off as the "3D". I'm not having it.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.