Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
Anyone tried or taken pictures of the Spigen Glas TR? I'm just looking for a non-E2E screen protector that actually adheres into the screen completely. I am always having trouble with both sides no adhering properly

I apply my screen protectors pretty much 99.9% accurately in a dust free environment...

With my 6 the only non e2e that didn't halo was the Belkin installed at the Apple store. When it got too scratched up I tried an e2e for the first time and was instantly a convert.
From what people are saying, Belkin has improved their protector this time around.

Reactions: danny8200

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
Godosmith is sending me the updated version. I'm going to hold off on installing the Orzly until I see how the update from Godosmith looks.

jkli001

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2015
Did they say what exactly they've fixed in the updated version?

I somehow think that GDsmith are just blatantly lying by coming up with a story on how the SP they sent out in the titan glass box were for the 7Plus and having the same edges as the Ice Max. Seeing how these were selling at $13-$15 USD a piece and the Ice Max for 6s (not 6s Plus) i had gotten previously for USD $25 a piece, i've a feeling these might have been old stocks for the plus versions of previous IPhones that they were desperately trying to clear off.

ValO

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2012
What is the best and thinnest screen protector that works with an apple leather case?

canvasback13

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2011
Ah i see. I'm thinking about getting one and am currently using the Apple silicone case. Hoping it works with that.

i use the apple silicone case. i did have issue with a jelly bean lifting from where i would push the buttons on the left. also looking for an edge to edge that works with the apple silcone case

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong
I'm patiently waiting for the imos ete 3D glass, it is truly the best that I've used. Hard oleophobic coating, extremely comfortable 3D rounded edge with very little gaps!

i1_zpsdzdvfrvh.jpg
I am waiting for the iMos 3D protector, too.

Using Armoz 3D protector and I am having some problems with it.
Here are some pictures.

All 4 sides of the screen has air bubbles. When I press down on the sides near the air bubbles, it goes away. So seems like the sides are not sticking well.

Waiting for iMos 3D glass protector or may be I will go for X One 3D glass protector.

https://www.facebook.com/X-ONE-Hong-Kong-531517066935581/videos/

Last edited:

Paraskevas

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2010
What about Zagg's Sapphire Defence? At their site, looks available for preorder. Do you think it's going to be worth its money? Not a cheap one. Thinking of a combo between Sapphire Defence and Otterbox symmetry in black for my black 7 plus...

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Only thing I like about it is that it has cutouts ONLY for the home button and the earpiece. Front camera and sensors are covered by the protector.

Exact reason I enjoy the G-Color as much.

What is the best and thinnest screen protector that works with an apple leather case?

If it snaps on the back like the Apple Silicone case, I'd recommend G-Color off of Amazon. At $20, it may seem more expensive than some of the other cheaper versions, but worth it.

Reactions: sn00p

awmstone

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2015
Redondo Beach, CA
Godosmith is sending me the updated version. I'm going to hold off on installing the Orzly until I see how the update from Godosmith looks.

They sent me the following email regarding my Amazon return:
"Hello friend,

So sorry for this issue, you're the regular customer in my store.
And we would like give you the best service and quality items.

Now the new update version screen protector has been released, if you can give us some days, we will send the new one to you, fine?
And for the old type, you needn't return it.

Please confirm it, hope to hear from you soon.

Regard
GDS"

I replied I wasn't interested and just wanted my money back. And that's really all there is to it at this point. I mean - what is "SOME DAYS" anyway.

sn00p

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2009
Exact reason I enjoy the G-Color as much.

If it snaps on the back like the Apple Silicone case, I'd recommend G-Color off of Amazon. At $20, it may seem more expensive than some of the other cheaper versions, but worth it.

Can't fault the g-color! Bought one for mine and my wife's phone and they are perfect, play nice with our cases too!

Reactions: CaptMarvel

nnyymm

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2010
Singapore
In the past it wasn't well received b/c of issues with glass not even fully covering LCD.

Hmm I see, I remember the spigen plastic film was popular back in the iPhone 4 days...

With my 6 the only non e2e that didn't halo was the Belkin installed at the Apple store. When it got too scratched up I tried an e2e for the first time and was instantly a convert.
From what people are saying, Belkin has improved their protector this time around.

Cool, unfortunately there is no actual Apple store in my country yet, only "exclusive distributors". Hopefully they will have the belkin screen protector applicator too when they arrive

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Hmm I see, I remember the spigen plastic film was popular back in the iPhone 4 days...

Cool, unfortunately there is no actual Apple store in my country yet, only "exclusive distributors". Hopefully they will have the belkin screen protector applicator too when they arrive
Yeah, they played it safe with the curved edges of the 6's and it looked ungainly.

lirn8

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2013
israel
I read all the pages of this thread and couldn't find a glass screen protector that isn't edge to edge and not the exact size as the screen itself
Am I wrong?

Nykwil

macrumors 65816
Nov 5, 2002
Cyberspace
Just got the Orzly 3D Pro-fit from Amazon today. Very forgiving install, I took it off a few times to get rid of dust. Looks very nice and I like how it goes right to the edge. Doesn't interfere with the Nomad leather case for those wondering.

Excuse the ipad mini 2 pics, only other camera I have haha
T1GcDRW.jpg

S1cl1re.jpg
7KMYQgo.jpg
jaiiLIl.jpg
Mk3meOY.jpg
jUzp1sS.jpg

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
Just got the Orzly 3D Pro-fit from Amazon today. Very forgiving install, I took it off a few times to get rid of dust. Looks very nice and I like how it goes right to the edge. Doesn't interfere with the Nomad leather case for those wondering.

T1GcDRW.jpg

S1cl1re.jpg
7KMYQgo.jpg
jaiiLIl.jpg
Mk3meOY.jpg
jUzp1sS.jpg

I ordered one for my 7 also, but I'm gonna hate the reports of bad oleophobic coating on this glass protector. Let me know how fingerprint magnet yours gets :)

Reactions: Nykwil

Nykwil

macrumors 65816
Nov 5, 2002
Cyberspace
I ordered one for my 7 also, but I'm gonna hate the reports of bad oleophobic coating on this glass protector. Let me know how fingerprint magnet yours gets :)

Honestly, I'd rather the screen protector be the fingerprint magnet I keep wiping and potentially scratching vs the screen itself, but will definitely chime in on how it progresses

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia

jaiiLIl.jpg

Thanks for the pics! Definitely the best one so far in terms of E2E and having little to no gap between the protector and the phone!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.