Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac1223

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2016

I've been in wholesale for a number of years now and merchandise you see on the site, you may want to submit a sample order due to quality control. I want to add, build a customer and vender relationship would be wise. You certainly don't want them to ship a sample order of cherry picked number and when you jump the gun it being completely garbage. Hence, some accessaries sold on eBay and Amazon.

ValO

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2012
Exact reason I enjoy the G-Color as much.

If it snaps on the back like the Apple Silicone case, I'd recommend G-Color off of Amazon. At $20, it may seem more expensive than some of the other cheaper versions, but worth it.

But what g-color? The edge to edge 3D that covers full front Or the all clear glass that has the " horseshoe" design?

Otherwise a link to the product you mean at amazon.

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong
I passed by a shop selling the X-One glass protector for the iPhone 7 Plus and thought of giving it a try.

It has been very good so far. The fit is perfect and the touch feel is smoother than my Armorz screen protector.

X-One is a company from China and it is starting to gain some popularity. Their screen protectors are really impressive. Check out their website.

http://x-one.cn/EN/

Their Xtreme Shock Eliminator Series are popular.

https://www.facebook.com/X-ONE-Hong-Kong-531517066935581/videos/

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Finally got around to installing the Orzly. I'm not going to post photos since there are plenty here floating around. I like the fit, but oleophobic coating is lacking quite a bit. Also, the home button cutout is not rounded so it feels sharp. I'm not sure if I'll be keeping it because my Spigen liquid armor case lifts it up sometimes. And I know this is going to be asked, the adhesive does not completely cover 100% of the back.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Anyone compare Zagg Glass+ to the Belkin Invisiglass Ultra? like Zagg, but the Belkin is cheaper and if they install thats even better. Do both work with a case? The Belkin appears to go all the way around the home button and speaker which I like.

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2011
Anyone compare Zagg Glass+ to the Belkin Invisiglass Ultra? like Zagg, but the Belkin is cheaper and if they install thats even better. Do both work with a case? The Belkin appears to go all the way around the home button and speaker which I like.

Picked up the Zagg HD Glass+ from my local Best Buy ($15 after price match + BB certificate) and I'm very impressed. Installation was super easy and it matched up perfectly. The oleophobic coating is amazing. Shows no fingerprint oils or smudges. Also the feel of the glass is so smooth. Your finger just glides across three screen.

This is the first time I purchased and used Zagg glass screen protectors. In the past I've always used the cheap stuff from Amazon that didn't perform or look as good as this Zagg Glass+.

Also make sure to register it with Zagg for future replacement warranty.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Why are some glass protectors 40 dollars and anker is like 12 dollars.
Courage.
[doublepost=1476641295][/doublepost]From the G-Color Full Coverage Amazon reviews:

61DLVcRSKNL._SL1600_.jpg

Thanks, but no thanks. Too much space/gap.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Courage.
[doublepost=1476641295][/doublepost]From the G-Color Full Coverage Amazon reviews:

61DLVcRSKNL._SL1600_.jpg

Thanks, but no thanks. Too much space/gap.

I do not think that image is indicative of G-Color. Mine doesn't look like that. Looks like that corner has been lifted intentionally/repeatedly and it looks flat instead of curved.

If you have an Apple Silicone or Leather case, it works flawlessly and is a nice compliment with regards to sturdy feel and minimal cutouts. May even work with other brands of cases as well.

Attachments

• IMG_1035.JPG
    IMG_1035.JPG
    588.6 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_1036.JPG
    IMG_1036.JPG
    724.8 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_1029.JPG
    IMG_1029.JPG
    718.5 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_1028.JPG
    IMG_1028.JPG
    718.8 KB · Views: 281

sn00p

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2009
I will add that I keep my phone in a silicone case, so any "edge issues" would not bother me anyway.

I tried a few screen protectors and none of them fitted properly, this was the first one that did.

I suspect over the coming weeks we'll start seeing protectors that fit properly coming into the supply chain.

Reactions: CaptMarvel

sn00p

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2009
I do not think that image is indicative of G-Color. Mine doesn't look like that. Looks like that corner has been lifted intentionally/repeatedly and it looks flat instead of curved.

If you have an Apple Silicone or Leather case, it works flawlessly and is a nice compliment with regards to sturdy feel and minimal cutouts. May even work with other brands of cases as well.

Your attempts were much better than mine at trying to take a picture!

That is what mine looks like.

I have a orzly silicone case and this protector works fine it in (no lifting). I also have a spigen one as well, but haven't tried the phone in that as I prefer the orzly as it looks sturdier.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
To me, a true 3D e2e protector does not just mean that the edges of the protector are rounded. You can have a flat piece of glass and rounded edges, but that'll create a gap that most are complaining about. G Color and Turata are examples of this. Orzly has been the closest I've seen that is comparable to last years Imos, CINDER, and G.d.smith.

Reactions: Berriman

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
Picked up the Zagg HD Glass+ from my local Best Buy ($15 after price match + BB certificate) and I'm very impressed. Installation was super easy and it matched up perfectly. The oleophobic coating is amazing. Shows no fingerprint oils or smudges. Also the feel of the glass is so smooth. Your finger just glides across three screen.

This is the first time I purchased and used Zagg glass screen protectors. In the past I've always used the cheap stuff from Amazon that didn't perform or look as good as this Zagg Glass+.

Do you have any halo? Mine from launch day had halo really bad including a replacement they sent me. They may have redesigned now. Mine was a 7.

Shark5150

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2014
Dallas, Texas

It'll probably lift at the edges. I had 4 put on and gave up. Theyre trying to use the 6 plus covers I think. I went with Belkin. Perfect fit. No lifting. Shame since I've used Zagg for years.

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2011
Do you have any halo? Mine from launch day had halo really bad including a replacement they sent me. They may have redesigned now. Mine was a 7.

No haloing this far. It's only been 48 hours since I installed it. Will update if any appear but I'm really liking it thus far.

I did have halo when I tried Zagg on my iPhone SE several months ago before I returned it. They may have fixed that flaw and redesigned it like you started.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
I passed by a shop selling the X-One glass protector for the iPhone 7 Plus and thought of giving it a try.

It has been very good so far. The fit is perfect and the touch feel is smoother than my Armorz screen protector.

X-One is a company from China and it is starting to gain some popularity. Their screen protectors are really impressive. Check out their website.

http://x-one.cn/EN/

Their Xtreme Shock Eliminator Series are popular.

Any gaps along the edges between the protector and the phone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.