Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
they didn't even offer to send a new version for mine....
They didn't offer it to me either until I replied to that email saying I was going to return it because of the gap.

They haven't shipped the new one yet. They said in a couple more days.

rwings01

Suspended
Aug 17, 2010
YELLOW TINT IPHONE 12 PANELS
Had the same thing happen to me. Sending me a new one, but that will take sometime.

Did the charge you for the replacement? They offered me a 90% discount on my new order as long as I keep my current version. I have a feeling that they only rebranded the packaging and the screen protector is the same even though they say it's a V2. May give them a 2nd chance as the Ice Max for my 6s Plus was fantastic.

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
Did the charge you for the replacement? They offered me a 90% discount on my new order as long as I keep my current version. I have a feeling that they only rebranded the packaging and the screen protector is the same even though they day it's a V2. May give them a 2nd change as the Ice Max for my 6s Plus was fantastic.

Please be the guinea pig and post a review!

Reactions: willmtaylor

Lyons00

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2010
Bay Area, California
Did the charge you for the replacement? They offered me a 90% discount on my new order as long as I keep my current version. I have a feeling that they only rebranded the packaging and the screen protector is the same even though they say it's a V2. May give them a 2nd chance as the Ice Max for my 6s Plus was fantastic.

No they did not.

vito

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2006
Manchester, UK
Anyone with the Orzly, could you check if you have a delay in the screen lighting up again after a call - there's a lag on mine for some reason. Thanks.

Poob Bubes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2007
Had the same thing happen to me. Sending me a new one, but that will take sometime.

I'm just going to wait until Amazon starts fulfilling these and order one with intention of returning the one from Ali in its place.

Daranx

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
London
Anyone with the Orzly, could you check if you have a delay in the screen lighting up again after a call - there's a lag on mine for some reason. Thanks.
Could it be a misaligned cutout blocking the proximity sensor? Had that once on a previous iPhone where I didn't align the screen protector properly and the black border was covering the sensor so when I took the phone away from my face after a call it wouldn't immediately sense this.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009

No. They are sending me a free replacement.

Nykwil

macrumors 65816
Nov 5, 2002
Cyberspace
The Orzly 3D profit def feels grittier day by day. I saw some dust under the sensor windows above the earpiece that I'm not sure was there before, but I could be wrong.

Silver11FX4

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011

Mine did the same thing, very annoying. I checked everything and all of the cutouts were properly aligned from what I can tell. I went back to my spigen non E2E and no issues whatsoever now. Shame because I did enjoy the Orzly. I used the speaker and home button on the orzly and it appeared that the top sensors were visible, I thought it was an alignment issue on my part at first but now I am thinking it was just a little off on there end. Perfect install but I could not stand the phone not coming back on immediately after a call. I will wait a little while and hope there is a slight design change and then possibly try to re-order.

Berriman

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2016
macrumors 68040
Have you heard of the Cambond company? They sale on Amazon and have some accessaries for iPhone 7
They will offer me to try their glass screen protector.
I have ordered a 7 plus recently.
:D
Not a bad price, but never heard of the company. Also a 2.5 edge and not 3D edge.

The encouraging thing though, is that in the Q&A for the product, they specifically mention that the cutouts for the 6S and the 7 are different.
[doublepost=1476946509][/doublepost]
Quality. Some of the glass is from China and some from Taiwan or Japan.

So, what is better?
Recently I ordered a 7+ and receive a sample from Cambond company.
They have some accessories for new iPhone 7 / 7 plus
Did you all who see this message hear it before?
Thanks for your time
:apple:

Last edited:

Berriman

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2016
macrumors 68040
To me, a true 3D e2e protector does not just mean that the edges of the protector are rounded. You can have a flat piece of glass and rounded edges, but that'll create a gap that most are complaining about. G Color and Turata are examples of this. Orzly has been the closest I've seen that is comparable to last years Imos, CINDER, and G.d.smith.

Yes, But 3D may not be case friendly, how do you think of this?

Lyons00

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2010
Bay Area, California
Same here. They said I'd get a new version in 10 to 15 business days. Don't have to send the first one back or pay anything additional...

Also getting a free replacement. I asked if this protector is full edge to edge, they said it is and much better fit. They stated its redesigned and I would be very happy with it. We shall see in 10-15 days.

Reactions: awmstone

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
i just wasted $32 on a glass screen protector that ended up getting lint underneath it and started bubbling.. they would not replace it or give me a refund :mad: i have decided to go screen protector less from here on out.. i have always had problems with those things.. glass or not.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
About to rip off the Orzly protector. The nonexistent oleophobic coating is quite annoying. Was better off with the Turata:rolleyes:

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
About to rip off the Orzly protector. The nonexistent oleophobic coating is quite annoying. Was better off with the Turata:rolleyes:

That's no good...I ordered 2x from Amazon last week too.... So either it's got gaps around the edges (Godosmith/Turata) or the coating is substandard (Orzly)?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.