Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2011
It'll probably lift at the edges. I had 4 put on and gave up. Theyre trying to use the 6 plus covers I think. I went with Belkin. Perfect fit. No lifting. Shame since I've used Zagg for years.

On the box it said that it was compatible with the iPhone 7/6S/6.

I'm hoping that the edges wont lift but if they do, I have my receipt handy for a potential return/refunded. Time will tell.

Last edited:

MNR

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2014
Which iPhone 7+ screen protector works with a spigen liquid armor case? Will the orzly 3D edge to edge work or should I order the spigen glass TR?
Thank you

edenergy

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2016
Tried the Otterbox Alpha and Spigen Glas Slim for the iPhone 7, both had the infamous 'halo effect. Judging from Spigen's website, though, it seems like they're calling back their current stock and replacing them with fixes within the next month.

Simply put, there isn't a solid all-round tempered glass protector for the new iPhones just yet.

Currently waiting for Moshi IonGlass which is due in a few days.

Last edited:

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Ugh. Installed my Orzly last night. I wanted to give it overnight to "set" before putting on my RhinoShield.

Though the Orzly is nearly perfectly aligned with the TouchID and cutouts, I have an area on the top right edge that isn't adhering. Very frustrating.

Also, several have mentioned the Orzly's oleophobic coating being lacking. So far, while there does seem to be some oleophobic properties, it's not overly impressive.

Not sure what I'm going to do.

Orzly 1.jpg Orzly 2.jpg

[doublepost=1476703315][/doublepost]
Anyone can give me his/her thoughts about the g-color regular glass screen protector?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01H...olid=1BVG9E5RGTJ16&coliid=I2Z19S6098UCL1&vs=1

Thanx
Several have discussed G-Color. Search the thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kisey

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA
Tried the Otterbox Alpha and Spigen Glas Slim for the iPhone 7, both had the infamous 'halo effect. Judging from Spigen's website, though, it seems like they're calling back their current stock and replacing them with fixes within the next month.

Simply put, there isn't a solid all-round tempered glass protector for the new iPhones just yet.

Currently waiting for Moshi IonGlass which is due in a few days.

Have you tried the Anker Glassguard? I had good luck with it on my 6S. Currently using it on my 7 Plus and it adhered all the way around. It's not edge to edge though.

Nykwil

macrumors 65816
Nov 5, 2002
Cyberspace
Ugh. Installed my Orzly last night. I wanted to give it overnight to "set" before putting on my RhinoShield.

Though the Orzly is nearly perfectly aligned with the TouchID and cutouts, I have an area on the top right edge that isn't adhering. Very frustrating.

Also, several have mentioned the Orzly's oleophobic coating being lacking. So far, while there does seem to be some oleophobic properties, it's not overly impressive.

View attachment 666175 View attachment 666176

give it a day or two, it could settle in more to the display

Edit: to clarify I had to lift up the lower corner to reposition the home button cutout. I wasn't able to activate reachability easily because the Touch ID ring was slightly covered. Left with an air bubble in lower right corner that wouldn't go down. I kept massaging it for about two days and it's finally settled and gone.

Last edited:

Slowpc

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2013
Winston Salem NC
I passed by a shop selling the X-One glass protector for the iPhone 7 Plus and thought of giving it a try.

It has been very good so far. The fit is perfect and the touch feel is smoother than my Armorz screen protector.

X-One is a company from China and it is starting to gain some popularity. Their screen protectors are really impressive. Check out their website.

http://x-one.cn/EN/

Their Xtreme Shock Eliminator Series are popular.

https://www.facebook.com/X-ONE-Hong-Kong-531517066935581/videos/

https://www.facebook.com/X-ONE-Hong-Kong-531517066935581/videos/

Anyone else seen this for US purchase or another way to get it? Willing to give a shot.

Dkrcubsfan

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2016

Starting to think that nothing is right just yet. Been thinking of ordering the Winnergear Topaz. Was hoping to find a less expensive one but seems to be issues with most. Waiting on a response from Turatta on the No adhesive around the earpiece.

SethBoy

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2007

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Does the black areas of the protector overlap the display? I read on some other forum it obscures the display just a tiny little bit.
No it doesn't. But I've since replaced this with the Godosmith Titan.Glass (see my other posts for my review on it)

I can honestly say they feel and look identical. They both have a 2mm gap around the edges which let dust and hair through

SethBoy

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2007
No it doesn't. But I've since replaced this with the Godosmith Titan.Glass (see my other posts for my review on it)

I can honestly say they feel and look identical. They both have a 2mm gap around the edges which let dust and hair through

Thanks for the info. Looking through your posts, I suppose your recommendation would be the Orzly 3D Pro-fit?

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Thanks for the info. Looking through your posts, I suppose your recommendation would be the Orzly 3D Pro-fit?
No worries.

I can't recommend it yet cos I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. But reading this it seems to be the best so far, even though some have said some parts of the protector doesn't have enough adhesive

jkli001

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2015
Anyone keen to try this?

"iPhone 7 Screen Protector - High-Definition (HD) 3D Curved Tempered Glass Demonstration by GPEL"

Nykwil

macrumors 65816
Nov 5, 2002
Cyberspace
No worries.

I can't recommend it yet cos I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. But reading this it seems to be the best so far, even though some have said some parts of the protector doesn't have enough adhesive

Adhesive on the 3D pro-fit doesn't go all the way to the edge either. At least a mm. perimeter. What would be the main problems associated with this issue? Would dust still slip in if you keep it in a case all the time?

CanAusderMeile

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
Still using my belkin invisiglas since 3 weeks. So far the best non e2e screen protector i ever had. The perfect installation with the belkin machine at apple store, without any dust or something is just like a dream :)

I also love that its rly thin and no sharp curves. It rly feels like the original apple screen :)

Reactions: danny8200

athenodorus

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2015

Hey i have the same issue. mine was at the bottom left corner. no matter what i did, still doesn't stick. contacted Orzly and they are sending me a replacement. maybe you should contact them?

2e4l05t.jpg

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Did they say what exactly they've fixed in the updated version?
I'm not exactly sure what this means but went ahead and requested the new version. I have the TITAN.GLASS but but not my 7+ which is arriving today. However, just looking at the TITAN.GLASS it is obvious that it is not 3D/curved.
We just adopt the difference crafts, which show the curved is flat, if you perfer the new version,
we will resend a new one to you within 2 working days.

jkli001

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2015
I'm not exactly sure what this means but went ahead and requested the new version. I have the TITAN.GLASS but but not my 7+ which is arriving today. However, just looking at the TITAN.GLASS it is obvious that it is not 3D/curved.

they didn't even offer to send a new version for mine....

"

2016-10-16 20:14:59
Dear friend, do not worry, our product is 3D, it has curves at the edge.
You can see attached is the Picture of real products.
0.gif
0.gif

If you have any question. Please feel free to let us know.

HTB16q0yNVXXXXXMXFXXq6xXFXXXx.jpg_140x140.jpg
"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.