Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
I always use Tech Armour, although they have always been great to me and hold up well and have great customer service, they stick out like a sore thumb on the device. I won't really want to read through 26 pages, what are some other good reputable places to go with?

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I always use Tech Armour, although they have always been great to me and hold up well and have great customer service, they stick out like a sore thumb on the device. I won't really want to read through 26 pages, what are some other good reputable places to go with?
Here's another thread I started with a poll. The poll choices are some of the most talked about edge to edge protectors from this thread.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/vote-for-your-edge-to-edge-glass-screen-protector.2005042/

Reactions: eclipse01

Silver11FX4

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
Will this fit with my BSE back skin?

I am not sure on that. I have only used it with a Spigen Thin Fit and the Spigen Liquid Armour. I don't see why it wouldn't work with a skin though, especially if it works with these cases.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
They need to make a glass back protector. I see some on ebays, but idk if they are legit. It would show off the jet black and not have to use liquid.

55test55

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
I think I'm just going to go with a plastic matte screenprotector for now. All the glass ones seem crap. I've tried 7 different ones now (I wish I were kidding) and so far all of them are either made for the 6S, or the edges don't stick.
Manufacturers need to get their **** together and produce a decent product.

Which did you try? To be honest, it seems all of the screen protectors are the same thing produced in the same factory in China lol.

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
Which did you try? To be honest, it seems all of the screen protectors are the same thing produced in the same factory in China lol.

That's what I was thinking. Many of them use very similar, if not the same product images on Amazon.

Last edited:

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Ive always had a thing for Tech Armor products, but I decided to try a different brand is time around, I've actually tinkered with a few on Amazon. The most satisfying one I have come across so far is G-Color. Truly Edge to Edge and works flawlessly with the Apple Silicone Case. Even came with a free clear bumper, not that I'd use it, but makes for a nice freebie. For $20 I feel like this is a solid investment. G-Color's Privacy Screen is also great too, but not Edge to Edge. If they make one, I'm sold. I'm waiting on Klearlook's Edge to Edge Privacy Screen to become available for Prime. Alas, see pictures below.

https://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Prote...=g-color+iphone+7+plus+glass+screen+protector

IMG_1012.JPG
IMG_1014.JPG
IMG_1016.JPG
IMG_1017.JPG

Overall from the ones I've tried, I'd recommend G-Color and Klearlook. Jelly Comb was far too flimsy and scratched too easily. Joto was in that same stay away from boat too for the same reason.

Reactions: sn00p

Dkrcubsfan

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2016
Ive always had a thing for Tech Armor products, but I decided to try a different brand is time around, I've actually tinkered with a few on Amazon. The most satisfying one I have come across so far is G-Color. Truly Edge to Edge and works flawlessly with the Apple Silicone Case. Even came with a free clear bumper, not that I'd use it, but makes for a nice freebie. For $20 I feel like this is a solid investment.

Is there adhesive all around the earpiece cutout?

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
so you're saying yours looked different than what I posted? Is that the exact one you ordered?

Can you take a close up of the corner?...I'd like to see how curved the edges of the glass protector is and how much gap there is.

Thanks.

canvasback13

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2011
i love the fit and feel of the jelly comb. however, I dropped my phone with it on and the screen cracked under the protector. Protector was fine. Oh well, Time for screen replacement....

lirn8

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2013
israel
I read all the 27 pages of this post and still haven't found a recommended glass screen protector for i7+

hayat55

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2016
I have a mobile fun free clear soft tpu case. However I noticed that bits of dust etc get under the case. Would this scratch the phone? With my 6 plus this happened on the back (small white scratches). Would this happen with the 7 plus and are there any good soft slim clear cases for the iPhone 7 plus?

lexdiamonnyc

macrumors regular
Feb 29, 2012
NYC
I got the Belkin InvisiGlass Ultra put on my 7+ today at an Apple Store, loving it so far! they used their little machine to put it on so it looks flawless! let's hope it lasts, i don't baby my phones.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
I'm starting to wonder if a lot of companies haven't come out with the iPhone 7 screen protectors yet. I'm using a tech armor now but would like to try another one if there's a good one out there. I wish I could try the apple store one but I live too far away from one.

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
I know a lot of you are looking for edge to edge glass screen protectors, but I put the Zagg Glass+ case compatible screen protector on my iPhone 7 Plus a couple of days ago and am really impressed. Great fit and performance and very easy install. Here's my review, if anyone is interested:

Kristin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.