Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
I posted earlier about the jellycomb e2e, I would recommend NOT getting it. I bought 1 for myself and 1 for my wife, and both have issues. My wife's is starting to bubble and won't adhere to a few sections and mine has a clear halo'd edge all around the outside.

Both are what I consider low quality, the color border is a very flimsy plastic and there is a distinct, easily felt edge between the colored plastic and the glass section.

Until a legit, high quality e2e is out I'm just going with one of the cheaper glass protectors.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
I am also really impressed with the jelly comb. I am worried edges could rise with the apple silicon case, specifically where you press the side buttons. So the case you pick could be a factor. but its a great product, you can't tell its there

I'm using it on my Spiegen case and it's not lifting any sides. So far I'm loving it! Ba da ba ba ba!:D

I too have the Jelly Comb version on my Black iPhone 7 Plus. It does fit nicely and is edge to edge as advertised. Also fits well with Apple Silicone Case too.

My only gripe is that the front makes it look like/feel like I have a Jet Black iPhone 7 Plus, its fingerprint and smudge city! o_O

Waiting for the Klearlook Privacy to be available on Amazon. Ordered some other just to test them out. Will report back my findings.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
The Belkin boxed version for the Iphone 7 left almost 1mm on each side of the display. I couldn't handle it, especially for $40. Again, this is the boxed version that Apple mails from Apple.com. The in store machine install version is different.

I am now using the BodyGuardz glass that I picked up from AT&T. It has a tiny amount of Rainbow but has no halo at all. Plus they offer $5.95 replacements similar to Zagg.

This is the machine installed one from the store.

jhearty99

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
Long Island, NY
The Belkin boxed version for the Iphone 7 left almost 1mm on each side of the display. I couldn't handle it, especially for $40. Again, this is the boxed version that Apple mails from Apple.com. The in store machine install version is different.

I am now using the BodyGuardz glass that I picked up from AT&T. It has a tiny amount of Rainbow but has no halo at all. Plus they offer $5.95 replacements similar to Zagg.

I have the in store machine installed glass and have the same gap, so I do not believe they are any different.
[doublepost=1475077246][/doublepost]
For anyone interested - got off the phone with Belkin a little while ago. I was told that the current iPhone 7 screen protectors have a mistake in their design and new ones are apparently being released some time in the near future. Took mine off to go return to the Apple store (which they instructed me to do) and will probably go buy a new one in a month or so once they figure their stuff out. In the mean time, I have a Tech Armor Ballistic one that I'm using. The glass itself is crap compared to the Belkin one, but at least it actually covers the screen.

This is really good to know. Im going to stop in to Apple today and mention this to see what they say. I certainly dont want to have mine taken off now without having a new one to put on but my 14 days to return is Friday.

55test55

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Anyone get a glass SP from eBay and have any opinions? All of these seem like the same damn thing but sold for different prices.

MS_Hedrick

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2016
Hopefully someone here updates this thread when they have confirmation that there is a redesigned version at Apple. I have to believe (at least hope) that whenever that is, Apple will replace for free. I am not removing mine until I am at the Apple store getting a replacement.

The machine install version is different from the box version.

Did Belkin specify which one needs to be redesigned?

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Also interested in this Belkin issue. I wonder is Apple will replace after 14 days if a corrected version is available? Are they making it wider to prevent rainbows?

Tortri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2010
Turata screen protector with the Apple Leather Saddle Brown case.

Attachments

• IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    939.4 KB · Views: 803
Reactions: jfim88 and Paco II

dotFIVE

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2014
Damn Amazon messed up the shipping of my Turata. Paid for one day shipping then it got delayed. Now they say it should come by the 30th, but if it doesn't come by 1 October they're supposed to "present me with options". They can't even tell me where it's at. So dumb, I'm tired of babying my screen with no protector on. The device I had before my current replacement got two microscratches pretty easily.

blowfish89

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2016
Pasadena, CA
I wanted something quick when I had the phone a week ago and I ended up going to the Apple Store and putting on a Belkin screen protector that they had (was expensive at $40). The only complaint I have is that I had the Apple Store employee put the protector on right there and it is slightly misaligned in the sense that there is a tiny gap on the edge of the screen when she installed it manually. I can live with that though, I know its hard to get right even if I did it myself at home.

MILH0U5E

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
Just put the Turata on my 7+. Not a quick installation by any means, needed to lift and reapply while using a microfiber cloth. Had some stubborn bubbles, but got them all out.
Feels good.... touch response and the visuals look great. Fits awesome with my Elago case.

So far so good. We'll see what happens after a day or two.

Reactions: Tortri

luigi408

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2008
If you guys bought the Turata off from Amazon. Who was the seller? Thanks!

By the way don't buy amFilm from Amazon for iPhone 7 Plus. The edges won't stick. It sucks.

Daranx

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
London
Ordered a Tateguard edge to edge (non-3D to fit with cases) screen protector and fitted it yesterday.

So far it's been the easiest install with ZERO bubbles despite me readjusting the alignment twice.

Best news for me is that it works perfectly with all my spigen cases (ultra hybrid, liquid armor, Neo hybrid, liquid crystal) as well as Apple leather case.

Link: [Compatible With Case]Iphone 7 Screen protector,Tateguard [High Definition Series] [Edge-to-Edge Coverage] Crystal Clear Tempered Glass Screen Protector[9H Hardness + Anti-Scratch Film] Black Frame https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01JG25SR2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_hcl7xbQ468909

IPPlanMan

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2009
That looks so cool but how on earth do you put that on without ending up wrapped in it yourself? As often happens to me just from wrapping presents and dealing with tape.

It's actually quite easy to install. You use the gel to do the "Wet Installation" Method and it looks great!

jhearty99

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
Long Island, NY
I wanted something quick when I had the phone a week ago and I ended up going to the Apple Store and putting on a Belkin screen protector that they had (was expensive at $40). The only complaint I have is that I had the Apple Store employee put the protector on right there and it is slightly misaligned in the sense that there is a tiny gap on the edge of the screen when she installed it manually. I can live with that though, I know its hard to get right even if I did it myself at home.

They have a device that installs the protector so this doesnt happen? Why would they do it manually?

dotFIVE

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2014
I really wanted to like the Turata, but unfortunately after getting mine today I will be returning it to Amazon. The right side (where the clear glass meets the black border) will not adhere at all. This isn't just a simple bubble that can be squeezed out or applied pressure on, it's simply a lack of adhesion due to the protector itself. I even reapplied the screen protector perfectly multiple times to ensure that I wasn't off center or anything but still the same results. Also wasn't a fan of the huge sensor windows at the top.

I'm getting a similar 3D screen protector from YCP tomorrow so hopefully it yields better results than the Turata.

Reactions: nikster0029

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
I really wanted to like the Turata, but unfortunately after getting mine today I will be returning it to Amazon. The right side (where the clear glass meets the black border) will not adhere at all. This isn't just a simple bubble that can be squeezed out or applied pressure on, it's simply a lack of adhesion due to the protector itself. I even reapplied the screen protector perfectly multiple times to ensure that I wasn't off center or anything but still the same results. Also wasn't a fan of the huge sensor windows at the top.

I'm getting a similar 3D screen protector from YCP tomorrow so hopefully it yields better results than the Turata.

I am going back and forth with buying this. Do you happen to remember if the whole back side is adhesive?...i.e. sensor holes as well as along the curved edges or just mainly the flat surfaces?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.