Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stinsle

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2015
Minnesota
I got the Belkin Ultra from Apple store for my 7+. I panicked when they didn't use the machine - she said it doesn't work for iPhone 7+ yet??? But she did a perfect install.

I had a machine applied version for my 6s+.

The edges don't feel as sharp as the previous version. I'm not sure why they can't make it just a hair wider so it goes OVER the display edge and not up to it, it's exactly the same width. This version is supposed to be better scratch and finger print resistant??? Time will tell.

I just had the Belkin Ultra machine applied to my 7+ this evening. I don’t think I like it, though. I wish that it covered a wider space, too. May I ask how much you paid for yours? I see some 'coming soon glass protectors' on the Belkin web site that are less than I paid at the Apple Store.

Poly

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2013
Germany
One question: Isn't the glass front exactly the same as from the 6/6S? It should be possible to just use the older tempered glass protectors. Cases on the other hand do not fit.

Ezra923

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2012
One question: Isn't the glass front exactly the same as from the 6/6S? It should be possible to just use the older tempered glass protectors. Cases on the other hand do not fit.
I use the belkin, it fits fine

Candurin

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2011
So, I took my godosmith IM 3D off my iPhone 6 and put it on my 7. It fits perfectly with zero air bubbles.

A few caveats:

1. The upper speaker cutout is just too narrow by a few hairs (maybe .1-.2mm on either side, just a guess). It's not blocking or hampering sound in any way.

2. The light sensor for auto-brightness has moved from the left side of the ear speaker to the right, therefore the protector blocks the sensor. So, no auto brightness for me.

I'm only using this until the proper 7 version comes out. I'll live with this for the time being as having full coverage from T-0 is worth it (for me).

I did order another "7" 3D E2E off amazon and will see how it looks before deciding to swap my GD "6".

I am using the spigen hybrid crystal air cushion (forget the real name) with zero issues and the protector is perfect on the edges.

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
Put an ESR glass protector on and it's great apart from what seems like a (hard to describe) very slight frosted effect on white backgrounds.
Kind of like a shimmer.

I applied in a steamy room to help stop dust/lint when applying so am wondering if it'll dry out.

I had a Belkin glass installed in store on my 6S Plus and didn't have this problem.

Anyone else get this? Did it clear itself or did it stay?

I suppose I'll give it until the weekend and get an alternative if no better.

lsh

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
I just had the Belkin Ultra machine applied to my 7+ this evening. I don’t think I like it, though. I wish that it covered a wider space, too. May I ask how much you paid for yours? I see some 'coming soon glass protectors' on the Belkin web site that are less than I paid at the Apple Store.
I paid the $39.xx. That is the 'ultra' price on the website. They also have a non glass and maybe the original glass for less on the website.

The edge size really isn't a problem, I don't notice it unless I'm checking the application.

I guess no one told the Apple Store people they could use the same machine at my store.

jhearty99

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
Long Island, NY
I am very disapointed with the Belkin I had installed at Apple. I am going to go back for a refund today. I had the Belkin installed by Apple on my 6S and it was perfect but the one for the 7 is far from that. It does not extend far enough and the rainbow effect it gives when looking at something close to the edges is really annoying and for $40, its just not worth it. I have a $7 Tech Armor protector at home which my brother also installed on his 7 and it fits all edges the right way so I will replace with that.

Reactions: willmtaylor

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
I am very disapointed with the Belkin I had installed at Apple. I am going to go back for a refund today. I had the Belkin installed by Apple on my 6S and it was perfect but the one for the 7 is far from that. It does not extend far enough and the rainbow effect it gives when looking at something close to the edges is really annoying and for $40, its just not worth it. I have a $7 Tech Armor protector at home which my brother also installed on his 7 and it fits all edges the right way so I will replace with that.
Does the Teach armor have Halo? That's the part I hate the most. Others have complained about it with the Tech Armor on the 7 too.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
So, I took my godosmith IM 3D off my iPhone 6 and put it on my 7. It fits perfectly with zero air bubbles.

A few caveats:

1. The upper speaker cutout is just too narrow by a few hairs (maybe .1-.2mm on either side, just a guess). It's not blocking or hampering sound in any way.

2. The light sensor for auto-brightness has moved from the left side of the ear speaker to the right, therefore the protector blocks the sensor. So, no auto brightness for me.

I'm only using this until the proper 7 version comes out. I'll live with this for the time being as having full coverage from T-0 is worth it (for me).

I did order another "7" 3D E2E off amazon and will see how it looks before deciding to swap my GD "6".

I am using the spigen hybrid crystal air cushion (forget the real name) with zero issues and the protector is perfect on the edges.
Pics?

mizzourah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Zagg lifetime warranty is great. You only pay for shipping ($5.99 to Hawaii). Once you receive your warrantied screen protector, they supply you with a return envelope to send back to them your damaged screen protector. Broken or not, they want it back or else they will charge you full retail price. They will send you a confirmation email saying they received your return screen protector once it's inputted into their system. Just did another warranty exchange last week.

This is true and also if there is a retail location or authorized reseller in your area (like in mine), for $1.00 more so $6.99, you can just bring it to the store and they will take your old one and put on a new one for you. It's fantastic service.

Reactions: CisRey3

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
Wanted a 3D covered again but there's none available that have the correct cutouts right now. So I went ahead and ordered liquid screen protector off amazon. I'll wipe that on and use it to protect from scratches.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
How do you like the Orzly case? I've had one on order since the 10th.

I'm not in too much of a hurry because I'm waiting to use it with the GodoSmith IceMax e2e when it comes out.
Klearlook
[doublepost=1474394930][/doublepost]
How do you like the Orzly case? I've had one on order since the 10th.

I'm not in too much of a hurry because I'm waiting to use it with the GodoSmith IceMax e2e when it comes out.
The case is brilliant .. Very light and thin .. Adds no bulk at all .. Bargain for £1 (used Orzly sale code lol).
[doublepost=1474395336][/doublepost]
Was going to ask the same question @Sal09
The brand is Klearlook. Its listed on amazon for £12. I picked up for £10.
[doublepost=1474395605][/doublepost]https://www.amazon.co.uk/Protector-...&keywords=klearlook+iphone+7+screen+protector

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Protector-...&keywords=klearlook+iphone+7+screen+protector

CanAusderMeile

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
I m also using the SPIGEN Glass Screen Protector and i really like it.
Its not edge to edge, but its fits very good. I like it that the camera is not cuttet, so it will not be dirty there.

One other think i like with the spigen SP is its not that thick, it actually feels very nice if you go across the glass with your finger. My old Glass SP i bought last year for around 4 US$ from ebay was alot thicker than the SPIGEN.

And if you compare the price with some others, like the Belkin, i absolute recommand the SP's from SPIGEN.
Absolutely worth the price!

Reactions: yui4
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.