Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Zagg may be overpriced/overrated, but their replacement policy is great. Whenever there is a problem you can submit a claim for a replacement on their website for about $5. They also let you switch to one of their other models as a replacement if you want. I understand that there are tons of other brands that have similar replacement policies, I'm just vouching for the fact that Zagg makes the process largely hassle free.

Um I bought zagg and installed on Friday. Saturday I dropped the phone face down onto the bathroom tiles.... no joke. The phone screen is fine but the protector is chipped and cracked

Is there a "waiting period" before I make a claim?

dfnj123

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2007
New York, New York

zz_nosa_r

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2015
Hell
After two hours of non stop of pushing air bubbles! Its done! Imos 3d glass

Attachments

• IMG_0575.JPG
    IMG_0575.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 477
  • IMG_0576.JPG
    IMG_0576.JPG
    980.8 KB · Views: 485

zz_nosa_r

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2015
Hell
iMos Screen protectors are very good but they don't work well with Apple Cases or cases with bumps around the edges of the screen.

I've tried 2 Incipio Cases + Otterbox Symmetry Black + Speck Presidio and they all went fine. Spigen Ultra Hybrid is a NO go for this protector.

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong
Sometimes those which seem to fit fine will show problems after use. The less bump around the edges the better.

For cases with bumps you need 2.5D full screen protectors which are slightly smaller around the edges.

I was using the Armorz 3D Glass protector and I am not using any case, but still I was having problems because of my new Joli leather pouches. Since my 2 pouches were new and leather takes time to loosen up, one or 2 corners were showing bubbles which were annoying me.

I found a perfect fitting full screen glass protector which unfortunately is not 3D but 2.5D and it is smaller are the the edges.

No problems since and very happy.

Reactions: zz_nosa_r

zz_nosa_r

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2015
Hell
Sometimes those which seem to fit fine will show problems after use. The less bump around the edges the better.

For cases with bumps you need 2.5D full screen protectors which are slightly smaller around the edges.

Before Imos, I have Cygnett 3D Curve Glass and all of those cases I mentioned previously worked. Used them for a week or 2 and i did not have any problem. Cygnett 3D Curve has an excellent Oleophobic coating. Too bad, the proximity sensor is too big and also it does not have an adhesive that surrounds it like imos does.
[doublepost=1478515228][/doublepost]

I was using the Armorz 3D Glass protector and I am not using any case, but still I was having problems because of my new Joli leather pouches. Since my 2 pouches were new and leather takes time to loosen up, one or 2 corners were showing bubbles which were annoying me.

I found a perfect fitting full screen glass protector which unfortunately is not 3D but 2.5D and it is smaller are the the edges.

No problems since and very happy.

Is your 2.5 D glass has rounded edges? i used to had one and it's very rough!

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong
Before Imos, I have Cygnett 3D Curve Glass and all of those cases I mentioned previously worked. Used them for a week or 2 and i did not have any problem. Cygnett 3D Curve has an excellent Oleophobic coating. Too bad, the proximity sensor is too big and also it does not have an adhesive that surrounds it like imos does.
[doublepost=1478515228][/doublepost]

Is your 2.5 D glass has rounded edges? i used to had one and it's very rough!

No rough edges. Very happy with mine.

I hate to see air bubbles on the screen.

If you guys can get hold of X One Screen Protectors, they are very good.

http://www.x-one.cn/EN/

zz_nosa_r

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2015
Hell
My Current iPhone set up is = iPhone 7 Plus 256 Black with IMOS 3D Corning Glass EX + IMOS SAS Back Film + Camera Lens Tempered Glass + Incipio Octane Smoke / Black.... Very Happy :) :) :)

Ferrarifever

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2016
My Current iPhone set up is = iPhone 7 Plus 256 Black with IMOS 3D Corning Glass EX + IMOS SAS Back Film + Camera Lens Tempered Glass + Incipio Octane Smoke / Black.... Very Happy :) :) :)
Can you post a picture of the back of the phone with the octane case?

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong
I am thinking of getting the iMos glass protector soon. Just waiting for my 2 new JOLI leather sleeves to loosen more.

Here is my phone. The iPhone body is protected with 3M film as I don't want to make my phone bulky by adding a case.

I have 3 Joli leather sleeves (Grey and black for working days) and brown for the weekends.

The camera lens has a (Plastic) protector from Devilcase. I got free from the shop where I get the screen protector.

Last edited:

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
looks like they at least updated the protector for the 7 plus model. where did you order it from?

Probably ebay, the same place I got it for my 7 plus.

You weren't kidding when you said shipping was fast.

Placed the order friday, shipped Monday, will be here tomorow!

I wished I could have contacted the seller to pay for a slower shipping, $16 for shipping is yikes!

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas

I wished I could have contacted the seller to pay for a slower shipping, $16 for shipping is yikes!
is your second proximity sensor hole on the right side of the middle hole as well?

zz_nosa_r

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2015
Hell
looks like they at least updated the protector for the 7 plus model. where did you order it from?

http://store.srsworks.com/index.php?route=product/search&search=Imos iphone 7
[doublepost=1478549896][/doublepost]

I bought it in srworkrs in hong kong
http://store.srsworks.com/index.php?route=product/search&search=Imos iphone 7
[doublepost=1478549965][/doublepost]
is your second proximity sensor hole on the right side of the middle hole as well?

Yes. It is in the right. And it fits well.

Iphone 6 plus has the other sensor in the left. 7 plus has it in the right
[doublepost=1478550044][/doublepost]
How do you like the oleophobic coating?...strong?

Yes. Its strong like the previous versions!

zz_nosa_r

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2015
Hell
Not sure if you have this but do you think this might play nicely with a Rhinoshield CrashGuard bumper?

Sorry! I dont have that case....
[doublepost=1478552458][/doublepost]
Can you post a picture of the back of the phone with the octane case?

Apologies for the bad photo! I am using an ipod touch.

Also, you might notice the  logo is kinda weird! I have an IMOS back film at the back of my phone. It does not sit nicely in tje  logo like orher back films.

Attachments

• IMG_0577.JPG
    IMG_0577.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 299
  • IMG_0578.JPG
    IMG_0578.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 315

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I exchanged the Insignia screen protector for the Zagg sapphire defense screen protector. It appears to be more clear, although they were both nice. It feels thinner which I like. I think the fingerprint/smudges are worse though. Also the edge is more noticeable, lack of a beveled edge maybe. It definitely doesn't have an issue with the edges and corners coming up like the Insignia did.

Reactions: danny8200

harlenmm77

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2016
I exchanged the Insignia screen protector for the Zagg sapphire defense screen protector. It appears to be more clear, although they were both nice. It feels thinner which I like. I think the fingerprint/smudges are worse though. Also the edge is more noticeable, lack of a beveled edge maybe. It definitely doesn't have an issue with the edges and corners coming up like the Insignia did.

Reviews of it on zaggs page were very poor. Said that it showed a ton of fingerprints.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.