Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Silent99

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Last edited:
Reactions: shimmydiva

Silent99

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Same here. Pre-orders are supposed to start online at 12AM PST per the Verizon site. I spoke to a Verizon rep on the phone and he indicated that the call centers we're taking orders at 12AM local time but I have my doubts this is true. I think it will be 12AM PST everywhere.

Reactions: azfalcons

swedegirl

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2015
I wa stinking the same thing. I will work on the Verizon site and the apple app and see which one loads faster!!

Reactions: azfalcons

Sammypurple

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2008
Massachusetts, United States
I will be ordering tonight as well. For the past two releases, I've gone through the Verizon site and have had no problems so I imagine it will go smoothly. I'm planning on getting the rose gold 256 GB 7.

Mindbender14

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2014
Any chance we'll see a trade in deal or something special? I'll be setting my alarm and preordering through the website or via phone. Two years ago I called because the website wasn't loading.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
So I went to Verizon to ask some questions because I'll be switching from AT&T to Verizon, and apparently they are actually accepting Pre-orders at this moment in store. Only problem is that the manager will be in store at night and entering our orders. They had us pay 200 bucks down payment to secure and 100% guarantee that we'll get it next Friday.

I'd check your local verizon store if they are accepting the pre-orders. Apparently there's already 9 pre-orders at verizon store that I went to.

So I just pre-ordered 2 iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB model, I pre-ordered the matte black and my wife ordered the Rose Gold.

Reactions: asterizk

kovey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2011
I'll be placing my order on the Verizon Wireless website tonight at 3AM ET, like I've done for several iPhones previously, all of which arrived on release day. Easy peasy.

KimmyG

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2016
How is this working if you choose to pay by monthly for your upgrade?

travbz24

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2012
Similar question; can you preorder if you're doing the device turn in/upgrade? We bought last year and plan to turn in for an upgrade.

Sammypurple

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2008
Massachusetts, United States
How is this working if you choose to pay by monthly for your upgrade?

You'll want to be logged in to your Verizon account and it should allow you to preorder it as an upgrade. If you have the full 50% paid off, you'll just have to pay the first month's installment tonight. Any particular concern?

Similar question; can you preorder if you're doing the device turn in/upgrade? We bought last year and plan to turn in for an upgrade.

Yup. You can preorder the phone tonight and they send the stuff to return the old phone with the new one.

LouE37

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010
So I went to Verizon to ask some questions because I'll be switching from AT&T to Verizon, and apparently they are actually accepting Pre-orders at this moment in store. Only problem is that the manager will be in store at night and entering our orders. They had us pay 200 bucks down payment to secure and 100% guarantee that we'll get it next Friday.

I'd check your local verizon store if they are accepting the pre-orders. Apparently there's already 9 pre-orders at verizon store that I went to.

So I just pre-ordered 2 iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB model, I pre-ordered the matte black and my wife ordered the Rose Gold.

Nice, how is the switch going to work? I called Verizon and the rep was willing to call me sometime after 3AM EST to put the orders in. Told him i'd order and then he gave me a link to a rep site and his verizon email to send him confirmation numbers, etc. We are also switching from ATT, my phone is paid off but doing the up to $650 deal for the wifes phone since she owes on it.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Nice, how is the switch going to work? I called Verizon and the rep was willing to call me sometime after 3AM EST to put the orders in. Told him i'd order and then he gave me a link to a rep site and his verizon email to send him confirmation numbers, etc. We are also switching from ATT, my phone is paid off but doing the up to $650 deal for the wifes phone since she owes on it.

Well the rep at the store did a quick credit check and got approved, but my service won't start till I pick up the device and activate it. I don't qualify for the $650 as my AT&T account isn't tied to any contracts or any payments and I always have purchased the phone outright and there is nothing for me to owe for AT&T. They did have me put down $200 per phone down x 2 (as I had pre-ordered one for my wife). as a temp hold to secure the device and that when they get the device they will contact me that it's available to pick up.

I did choose to get the temp. number which will be given to me at pick up but will end up porting my number over.

Texxy

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2011
Any specific link we should keep refreshing? Or just the main page?

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
Will be getting Black Matte plus 128 GB!!! My wallet is ready :)
[doublepost=1473387274][/doublepost]Is there any way to edit the title of this thread to have the green "carrier" tag so this thread can be found more easily?

Reactions: goinskiing

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Can you upgrade through Apple even if you have to pay to the 50 percent mark before you can upgrade or do I have to go through Verizon?

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Will be getting Black Matte plus 128 GB!!! My wallet is ready :)
[doublepost=1473387274][/doublepost]Is there any way to edit the title of this thread to have the green "carrier" tag so this thread can be found more easily?

I'm pretty sure that only the OP can edit the title.

KG5429

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
Anyone else getting an error message when checking upgrade eligibility and clicking on turn in phone and upgrade. Just making sure everything is ready to go but getting an error message!

Reactions: Oscarnt

Barrett85

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2015
Do they sell out really fast? I'm setting an alarm but wondering what my chances are of actually getting to pre-order one

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
Do they sell out really fast? I'm setting an alarm but wondering what my chances are of actually getting to pre-order one
Last year I was able to get in and out on the Verizon site in about 10 minutes. The phone went on sale about 10 minutes before it was supposed to be available. The year before, it took me about 40 minutes to actually get in and complete the order but in both instances, my phone arrived on launch day.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
Any chance we'll see a trade in deal or something special? I'll be setting my alarm and preordering through the website or via phone. Two years ago I called because the website wasn't loading.
Verizon has a banner on their front page for the $0 with trade in/ bill credits like Tmobile....no links up ye. Just the banner

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.