Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benboy12

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2014
Verizon has a banner on their front page for the $0 with trade in/ bill credits like Tmobile....no links up ye. Just the banner

Yeah, I just saw this too. I was going to go through Best Buy. However, this is tempting. I wonder if an iPhone 6 would qualify, or at least take half off a new iPhone 7.

Tokenfreak

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
I think the verizon site is already having issues with the upgrade feature in the my verizon page. It keeps timing out on me.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
Well I paid my edge to 50% but they charged me twice. I wanted to pay off completely but only the 50% option was there. Now it won't let me make any changes.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
I have paid off my 6 and will be preordering through Verizon tonight! Can't wait, sooo excited for that jet black 7 Plus!!! Hoping i can get in early enough to get it on launch!

Samantha124

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2015
Do you guys think it would be easier/faster to use Verizon's app to upgrade? Or should I just do it on a browser.

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
Do you guys think it would be easier/faster to use Verizon's app to upgrade? Or should I just do it on a browser.
I've never used the App to pre-order, i've used the browser from PC and was able to get get my order in and have my phone on launch day. In fact, I think they updated the app to be more "device-upgrade friendly" if that makes any sense

sajlloyd

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2016
Just wondering, I have an iPhone 6 that I bought about 16 months ago. I'm not eligible for an upgrade through Verizon as it's not been two years. But, if I guy the iPhone 7 from Apple via the Apple Upgrade program that wouldn't cause me to have to pay some sort of early termination fee or something right as I'm not trying to get another subsidized phone from Apple, just switching to a new phone? Or am I wrong?

RandyMass

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2016
So I went to Verizon to ask some questions because I'll be switching from AT&T to Verizon, and apparently they are actually accepting Pre-orders at this moment in store. Only problem is that the manager will be in store at night and entering our orders. They had us pay 200 bucks down payment to secure and 100% guarantee that we'll get it next Friday.

I'd check your local verizon store if they are accepting the pre-orders. Apparently there's already 9 pre-orders at verizon store that I went to.

So I just pre-ordered 2 iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB model, I pre-ordered the matte black and my wife ordered the Rose Gold.
I did the same thing at a Verizon store in Madison, WI. I'm hoping it works and they call me next week and tell me my phone is ready to pick up.

Samantha124

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2015
Just wondering, I have an iPhone 6 that I bought about 16 months ago. I'm not eligible for an upgrade through Verizon as it's not been two years. But, if I guy the iPhone 7 from Apple via the Apple Upgrade program that wouldn't cause me to have to pay some sort of early termination fee or something right as I'm not trying to get another subsidized phone from Apple, just switching to a new phone? Or am I wrong?
I believe you'll just be making payments to apple and your contract will still be with Verizon. Like they will be separate things.

Reactions: JerTheGeek

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
I was about to go with Apple....but this changes things.

So are we saying they may offer a much higher trade in price for the 6 and 6s?

Edit: Answering my own question...

Edit 2: Some are questioning it's authenticity. Based on the banner on the VZW front page, I'll be watching closely for the details.

Attachments

• d2311fe90bcb4ba0ac77d2cf8f39331e.jpeg
    d2311fe90bcb4ba0ac77d2cf8f39331e.jpeg
    184.5 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:

Tokenfreak

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011

Does this apply if we are on the verizon upgrade program and we trade in our old phone for the new one or do we have to already own these phones 100% to trade it in to get the discount?

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
Does this apply if we are on the verizon upgrade program and we trade in our old phone for the new one or do we have to already own these phones 100% to trade it in to get the discount?
The trick is Verizon is hoping you stay with them for 2 years like the good ole days.. Sounds like a deal to me though

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014

This sounds like an INCREDIBLE deal. I'll be doing a 256GB now as this is still cheaper per month than my 6 was haha. Even more excited now!

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
I still haven't seen this deal posted on Verizon's site. So if I still owe money on the device can I get the deal too?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.