Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dabooberman

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2016
UPS status is at "destination scan" where I live. Doesn't say out for delivery. I have no clue if I should stay home all day or not. Anyone?

ijen0311

macrumors 65816
Jul 4, 2009
UPS status is at "destination scan" where I live. Doesn't say out for delivery. I have no clue if I should stay home all day or not. Anyone?

Same, I'm on the phone with UPS now. So annoying. I'll let you know what they say.
[doublepost=1474982631][/doublepost]

UPS man said that if the destination scan is before 10am, it goes out for delivery that day.

Who knows if he has any idea what he's talking about, but it sounds right.

dabooberman

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2016
Same, I'm on the phone with UPS now. So annoying. I'll let you know what they say.
[doublepost=1474982631][/doublepost]

UPS man said that if the destination scan is before 10am, it goes out for delivery that day.

Who knows if he has any idea what he's talking about, but it sounds right.

I think he may be right. I also called UPS and the UPS person told me it was on the truck out for delivery. I had a 645am destination scan. Here we go!

ijen0311

macrumors 65816
Jul 4, 2009
Mine scanned in at 10:30 last night, so plenty of time to find it's way to the truck.

Glad I already had this day off since my UPS man usually comes around 4:30.

scwinsett

Suspended
Apr 21, 2010
Denver
Okay got my "it's shipped" email this morning after being charged last night

How long does it usually take for the tracking number to populate shipping info? I've just got the unavailabile page

Reactions: DcGamer05

Madams

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2016
Nothing like stopping into your local corporate Verizon store to get a case and the manager argues with you because Verizon strictly uses Fedex. I showed my UPS app, tracking number and Verizon app which all said the same thing. UPS, no scheduled delivery date, but I had told him UPS explained why there was no info available. He then brought others into the " We only use Fedex" conversation. He rummaged around for 15 minutes finally printed out the report of the day I ordered my phone. Found my transaction. He typed in the number and informed me what I had repeatedly told him. UPS - phone landed in Indy and should be delivered sometime today, even though, there's no info available. Dude, I just wanted to buy a phone case!

Last edited:

studIOS5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
Oregon, OH
Thanks everyone! Until next year!

Attachments

• IMG_0421.JPG
    IMG_0421.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 190

bluespark

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago
Nothing like stopping into your local corporate Verizon store to get a case and the manage argues with you because Verizon strictly uses Fedex. I showed my UPS app, tracking number and Verizon app which all said the same thing. UPS, no scheduled delivery date, but I had told him UPS explained why there was no info available. He then brought others into the " We only use Fedex" conversation. He rummaged around for 15 minutes finally printed out the report of the day I ordered my phone. Found my transaction. He typed in the number and informed me what I had repeatedly told him. UPS - phone landed in Indy and should be delivered sometime today, even though, there's no info available. Dude, I just wanted to buy a phone case!

Customer service interactions like that are absolutely infuriating. It sounds like he completely forgot that he was there to help you and instead focused on trying to prove a useless point. I don't understand why mobile phone stores are so badly managed.

AWDV8TT

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
Ordered 15 min post launch.....

7 JB 128
7 SV 32

10/5 EDD

Shipped 9/27

VZW Site has tracking # but no info yet on UPS Site. Does say UPSGROUND1 though. So I hope tomorrow!

Reactions: kstclaire

Thenicknology

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2014
Sterling Heights, MI
Has anyone had luck with going to a UPS center and trying to get their phone?? I will literally be gone from 10a-10p tm.. I kinda just want to pick it up tonight if I can.. Ugh lol I'm so impatient..

Smash1680

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014
Has anyone had luck with going to a UPS center and trying to get their phone?? I will literally be gone from 10a-10p tm.. I kinda just want to pick it up tonight if I can.. Ugh lol I'm so impatient..
Were you not able to go online and hold it for pickup at the UPS hub? I was able to, I'll be able to pick it up at 9:00 when they open.

ijen0311

macrumors 65816
Jul 4, 2009
Were you not able to go online and hold it for pickup at the UPS hub? I was able to, I'll be able to pick it up at 9:00 when they open.

Some of us seem to have tracking numbers that are defunct; someone posted pages back about an issue where they were never scanned in properly so you can't access them in MyUPS. I can't for mine.

Smash1680

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014
Some of us seem to have tracking numbers that are defunct; someone posted pages back about an issue where they were never scanned in properly so you can't access them in MyUPS. I can't for mine.
Mine was like that when the tracking info populated initially, then after about 3 hours it showed up in my choice with an expected delivery date and I was able to change the shipping to pick up.

scwinsett

Suspended
Apr 21, 2010
Denver
Mine was like that when the tracking info populated initially, then after about 3 hours it showed up in my choice with an expected delivery date and I was able to change the shipping to pick up.
How long did it take from getting your tracking number to seeing it populate?

JSway

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Anyone have any movement on 10/19 delivery dates? This is for the least desired model, 32GB RG iPhone 7+ :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.