Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geekmonkey

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2016
I've been stalking this thread for some time now, and finally got around to creating an account so I can throw in my info, as well as to ask a question.

Ordered a MB 128GB 7+ in store on 9/9 around 4pm. Was quoted 10/5 as ship date. Charged on 9/26, got tracking info yesterday, scheduled to deliver by 8pm tomorrow (9/28).

Now to my question. When I preordered in store, my rep told me about this $169 bundle when I told him I was going to trade in my 5S. He gave me his phone number and told him to give him a call once I received my phone, and I could come down to buy/pick up the bundle (screen protector, case, car charger, and portable speaker). Does anyone know if this bundle deal thing is part of the requirement for getting the credit from trading in my 5S? I just assumed it was, but now thinking back on it, it's kind of silly that I'd have to do such a thing and essentially get less money for my old phone. I didn't think much of it, and frankly kind of forgot about it until now, but if I can avoid spending extra money on this phone, I'd love to do it.

takasugi

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2012
That's what I was worried about if I bought it from an apple store.. So I pre-ordered the 7 Plus with a delivery of 10/12, and they sent me a return box for my 6s. If I see a 7 Plus available at the apple store I can pick it up and I will still be able to get the $650 credit? And I can trade it in right at a verizon store?

Yes - when you reserve at the Apple Store you need to cancel your Verizon order. Buy the phone at the Apple Store on DPP and then return your old phone to a Verizon Corporate store. That's what I did and I got the $650.

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
Now to my question. When I preordered in store, my rep told me about this $169 bundle when I told him I was going to trade in my 5S. He gave me his phone number and told him to give him a call once I received my phone, and I could come down to buy/pick up the bundle (screen protector, case, car charger, and portable speaker). Does anyone know if this bundle deal thing is part of the requirement for getting the credit from trading in my 5S? I just assumed it was, but now thinking back on it, it's kind of silly that I'd have to do such a thing and essentially get less money for my old phone. I didn't think much of it, and frankly kind of forgot about it until now, but if I can avoid spending extra money on this phone, I'd love to do it.

Pretty sure he's trying to get you to spend some of the credit in his store. You absolutely do not have to buy anything to get the credit for your trade in.

justinTlME

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2014
Nightmare with Verizon today. My MB 7+ 32GB Verizon preorder hadn't shipped yet. I ordered the 13th and had a delivery date of October 12th. Well today I noticed my card number on the preorder site was wrong I gave that card number then told her immediately after to use the one I gave her next.

I went to the preorder.verizonwireless.com site and logged in it gave me the option to change CC info. I tried multiple times to change the info but it would give an error or load to a blank page

I ended up calling in explaining my situation to the rep who informed me they can't change the info without starting over. The rep reassured me that I would get a jump line request since my original ship date was October 12th. Well the rep cancelled my order then hung up on me.

I called back got bounced around a thousand times then finally I was transferred to a manager and she replaced my order for me and reassured me I have a jump in line request.

Overall very frustrating. My new ship date for my MB7+ 32GB is now November 16th!

When they request a jump in the line does it change your expected ship date or does it stay the same and just ship early?

Thanks I'm very upset at the whole situation especially the CC error I know I should've noticed when checking it a thousand times but honesty I use both these cards everyday but not used to seeing the last 4 digits as reference.

When we did the original order too I had told her I made a mistake and wanted to use my chase freedom card instead of my bank card. I gave and confirmed the numbers to her I can't believe she still processed it with the other card.

Very frustrated and both orders now show in my Verizon as processing even though I got an email confirming the cancellation of the first order. I'm sure it's cancelled though. I just seriously hope I can get my place back for October 12th otherwise it's an entire month to wait. /end 2nd sad rant

I think if you would have just waited they would have charged you,it would have failed, and you could have fixed it and it would have shipped on time. They send you an alert that the payment was wrong and failed.

Reactions: kstclaire

danger3hren

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2016
Phone: JB 7 Plus 128GB
Ordered: 9/9 10:10 AM CT in Verizon store
Original Ship Date: 11/16

Phone shows as "processing order." Haven't been charged and nothing has changed since the moment I got the original confirmation email.

Someone give me hope?

Youngcolin01

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2016
I have been reading this forum for a while. I ordered a iPhone 7 JB 128GB at about 11:30am on 9/9 and got a shipping date of 10/12. I have been checking it everyday no change in shipping date. Have any of you gotten one shipped with a date of 10/12? Thanks!

EnVyCaLiBeR

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2012
I have been reading this forum for a while. I ordered a iPhone 7 JB 128GB at about 11:30am on 9/9 and got a shipping date of 10/12. I have been checking it everyday no change in shipping date. Have any of you gotten one shipped with a date of 10/12? Thanks!
Got a date of 10/12 for two MB iPhone 7 Pluses 128GBs with no movement.

RogueWoman

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2016
Well it seems like most people's with a 10/5 date are shipping now. So we probably won't get ours shipped till next week. I hope I'm wrong and they come sooner:(

My gold 7 128 had a edd of 10/12 and just shipped yesterday. Hopefully yours will be shipped soon too!

Dancezwitwolves

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016

Phone shows as "processing order." Haven't been charged and nothing has changed since the moment I got the original confirmation email.

Someone give me hope?
Ordered same exact phone except at 8:30am est. got the same ship date and still no movement.

stanswx

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2008
Champaign, IL
Newbie here! Ordered 9/16 with a ship date of 10/26 Ordered 7+ RG 128GB. This is the first time that I have not ordered on launch day and planned on waiting in line to get my new phone. Jokes on me I guess :/ So now I **impatiently** wait with the rest of you :)
I ordered a 7+ MB 128GB on 9/16 as well with the same 10/26 ship date. Anxious to see if our batch moves earlier than that.

Reactions: KNBrooks

acalandi

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2015
ordered a 7+ MB 128GB at 10am on 9/12, ship date 10/12, no change.
Also ordered a 7 Gold 32GB at the same time with a ship date of 9/23, wife got that on launch day, she doesn't know how lucky she is.

yamvmax

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2016
So i ordered a RG iphone7 32gb on 9/25 with an estimated ship date of 10/12. Last night vz tried to charge me, but my F'n bank thought it was fraudulent!! I called this morning, VZ recharged, and I was charged. Does this mean shipping will happen soon??? It still shows as expected ship date as 10/12.

Thenicknology

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2014
Sterling Heights, MI
Alright, going to pick up the goods. I'll report back in a bit!! <3

Well my package is physically at my customer center, it just hasn't been brought up to the front I have to wait a bit for them to round it up.

I think my favorite part is that there were already two other people also waiting and when the UPS guy told me I had to wait he asked if it was a phone lol. He said they had to turn down 25-30 people alread this morning because they weren't up front. So close tho!!

miss.manson

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2011
Georgia
Ordered same exact phone except at 8:30am est. got the same ship date and still no movement.

Whoops quoted wrong post
[doublepost=1475068608][/doublepost]

Someone give me hope?

I have this exact shipping date. :/

fcortese

macrumors demi-god
Apr 3, 2010
Big Sky country
Ordered Black 7 32GB on 9/21 with ship date of 10/12. Still processing. At least some of the 10/12 ship date people are getting shipment emails. So there's hope. Mine is going to the local verizon cell phone store here in town.

Reactions: kstclaire

mrgossett

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
Has anyone been charged or notified of shipment with a 7+ 128 JB preordered on 9/9 with confirmation about 2:45 am CST? Expected ship date says 10/5.

bdbarber97

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
14489714_1171253529587061_1058897301_o.png

iPhone 7+ 32 GB Black, FINALLY SHIPPED!!!!! Ordered around 10am CDT 9/10, original ship date of 10/05. Shipped 09/28... Woot woot!

jwalltheapple

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2015
Has anyone been charged or notified of shipment with a 7+ 128 JB preordered on 9/9 with confirmation about 2:45 am CST? Expected ship date says 10/5.
No still waiting, if we don't get charged today then we might have to wait the whole time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.