Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yankee512

Suspended
Apr 29, 2017
That testing is not good since both phones fight the wifi connection at the same time. Also where was the video editing and exporting in that one? As cyb3rdud3 said it does not win every category at all. If you want to tell me opening Instagram 0.5 sec faster is better than exporting a video 4 times faster like the screenshot from Tomsguide I have attached then that is pretty sad.

Here we go with excuses again.

jamesrick80

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2014
In one category it didn't win and will never win ;) It is not running iOS....All this comparing is so boring. If you want an Android then please do get an Android and be happy with it. By all means compare spec for spec with other Android phones...And by all means compare spec by spec with iPhones....The two are fundamentally different and take different approaches...it is a futile and pointless exercise to keep saying on these forums how happy you are with your Note 8.

And beauty is in the eye of the beholder...to me the Note 8 looks like a fridge and a very generic frame in which some technology has been stuffed...

You are clearly obsessed with Apple specifically the iPhone. Anything you say is null and void. You clearly have a vendetta and disrespected several members on here for even enjoying or liking a Galaxy device. Why even post when we know your agenda?

You may not like it but the Note 8 is clearly the better device this year. I don't care if one app opens faster or if a game may load a couple seconds slower. I don't care about unlocking my phone with my face even though I have the option. Phones are like pocket PCs and the Note 8 is one of the few devices that isn't holding anything back benchmark or no benchmark.

You enjoy your benchmarks and your speed videos while plenty of others will actually enjoy their device for what it can "DO" for them. Happy benchmarking.....

Last edited:

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
You may not like it but the Note 8 is clearly the better device this year.

But that's still your subjective opinion. Your entire post could have been turned around.

I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, just that everyone has an opinion, not all of which match yours or mine.

macfacts

macrumors 603
Oct 7, 2012
Cybertron
Car analogy: comparing cpu speeds between iPhone and Android is like comparing a car and a truck. Maybe the car is faster but you aren't going to be doing any real work with the car. The car is limited in functions, just like iOS.

Reactions: cyb3rdud3

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Car analogy: comparing cpu speeds between iPhone and Android is like comparing a car and a truck. Maybe the car is faster but you aren't going to be doing any real work with the car. The car is limited in functions, just like iOS.

Most people use their trucks to pick up groceries or compensate for something else lacking in size, so...

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
You are clearly obsessed with Apple specifically the iPhone. Anything you say is null and void. You clearly have a vendetta and disrespected several members on here for even enjoying or liking a Galaxy device. Why even post when we know your agenda?

You may not like it but the Note 8 is clearly the better device this year. I don't care if one app opens faster or if a game may load a couple seconds slower. I don't care about unlocking my phone with my face even though I have the option. Phones are like pocket PCs and the Note 8 is one of the few devices that isn't holding anything back benchmark or no benchmark.

You enjoy your benchmarks and your speed videos while plenty of others will actually enjoy their device for what it can "DO" for them. Happy benchmarking.....

Right so I suggest to not look at this and keep an open mind whilst comparing like for like. And you somehow interpret that as an obsession for Apple and having a vendetta and disrespect for certain members.

Wow, talk about a comprehension fail. Absolutely hilarious.

Superhappytree

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2015
Cumbria
Honestly don’t care. iOS 11 still runs like crap even with the fastest phone chip in the world. Software is more important than Geekbench numbers which are nothing but bragging rights.

Reactions: jamesrick80
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.