Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

videojanitor

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2017
Northern CA
This is weird: Updated both my iPads to 12.0.1 -- the 10.5-inch has reverted back to the original keyboard layout, but the 12.9-inch still has the "new" layout with the two keys reversed. Wondering if anyone else with a 12.9-inch is experiencing the same issue?

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
God this was so annoying

Glad it’s back to the way it was with every other iOS version on my 9.7 pro

Haven’t updated my 12.9 from 11.3 yet. Jailbreak

Now fix messages photo attachment on phones ;)

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
When are they gonna ditch the stupid undo button that I’m constant hitting by accident because it’s where my finger has been tapping the space bar since the iPad 1.0?

Reactions: Mac 128

Tozovac

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2014
God this was so annoying

Now fix messages photo attachment on phones ;)

What's wrong with the photo attachment?

Well, they're not done with the shell games.

It just occurred to me why, since upgrading to iOS 12, when I use the countdown timer, it mysteriously sounds off later.

Just realized today that the "repeat" and "stop" buttons are swapped vs. iOS 11.

iOS 11:

repeat-timer-ios-11-option.jpg

iOS 12 has "Stop" in the middle and "Repeat" at the bottom. No wonder my timer would go off "randomly" hours later.

Apple, the courageous leader in Change for the sake of change since 2013.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
What's wrong with the photo attachment?

Well, they're not done with the shell games.

It just occurred to me why, since upgrading to iOS 12, when I use the countdown timer, it mysteriously sounds off later.

Just realized today that the "repeat" and "stop" buttons are swapped vs. iOS 11.

iOS 11:

repeat-timer-ios-11-option.jpg

iOS 12 has "Stop" in the middle and "Repeat" at the bottom. No wonder my timer would go off "randomly" hours later.

Apple, the courageous leader in Change for the sake of change since 2013.
It's possible for something like that they have gotten feedback and/or had some more usability studies where changing those buttons made more sense on some level.

The photo attachment might be a reference to either it being more cumbersome to attach a photo to a message in Messages or perhaps that when attaching more than 3 photos, at least in some typical flows, results in an iCloud photo link being created and shared rather than photos themselves being sent.

Tozovac

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2014
It's possible for something like that they have gotten feedback and/or had some more usability studies where changing those buttons made more sense on some level.

Before, the buttons were consistent for alarm and countdown. Now they’re different. So unless it’s a bug, it’s certainly not for usability improvements. :)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Before, the buttons were consistent for alarm and countdown. Now they’re different. So unless it’s a bug, it’s certainly not for usability improvements. :)
In that case it might along the lines of the keyboard button switch -- a bug potentially. Unless they wanted to differentiate the two for some reason.

Reactions: Tozovac

Tozovac

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2014
In that case it might along the lines of the keyboard button switch -- a bug potentially. Unless they wanted to differentiate the two for some reason.

Being that Apple worked so hard to make every app looks so boringly similar, with unnecessary arial bold headers and stark white, simplistic backgrounds, what are the odds that they would decide to differentiate the alarm and timer sound-off screens? Either more unnecessary change for the sake of change, or sloppy quality control in my opinion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.