Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
This show Season 2, I’m one episode behind currently S2:E5, because of the abstract story telling, I really don’t much about what is happening although I think the cinematography is still stellar and it looks like:

Farouk turned David’s Sister into Lenny who he had previously killed or who had died?

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Just watched season 2, episode 14, I’m currently 2 episodes behind. Intriguing images, situations, and beautiful photography can only carry a show so far, so please, please producers get back to telling a frick’n story! A friend was head over heals about season 1 and quit watching season 2. :oops:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Two episodes of season 2 left, is this the wasted season? Taking an hour to cover a single plot point with a bunch of fluff...

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I just watched the Season 2 final, finally. It was good. I really want to continue to like this series, as you know, I loved Seaon 1. Season 2 will have to be rewatched, but it strikes me as too much cutting edge imagery, and not nearly enough coherent story telling. Overall, the final was not enough to make me excited about Season 3, as I anticipate more laissez faire story telling.

MechaSpanky

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2007
Huntn,

I'm with you, Season 2 was nice to look at but the overall stories felt like they lacked cohesion. There were a few good episodes but too many were just too weird or too slow moving to really interest me. I thought things were going to pick up halfway through but they didn't. I agree with you about David's sister, shocking and weird. I'm not even sure I'll watch season 3, season 2 was more than weird (and slow) enough. I do like the actors/actresses and the characters are great. The writers have a lot of great stuff to work with if they could just make it less like an acid trip and more comic book like.

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Huntn,

I'm with you, Season 2 was nice to look at but the overall stories felt like they lacked cohesion. There were a few good episodes but too many were just too weird or too slow moving to really interest me. I thought things were going to pick up halfway through but they didn't. I agree with you about David's sister, shocking and weird. I'm not even sure I'll watch season 3, season 2 was more than weird (and slow) enough. I do like the actors/actresses and the characters are great. The writers have a lot of great stuff to work with if they could just make it less like an acid trip and more comic book like.

This exactly:
if they could just make it less like an acid trip and more comic book like.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
This exactly:
if they could just make it less like an acid trip and more comic book like.

Just as an FYI ... this is what the comic was like :D

nr1tezw96mws3wjmbavy

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

nr1tezw96mws3wjmbavy
I never read the comic, but two counterpoints: 1) Here is a coherent narrative in the text block on the right and 2) were entire multiple comic editions filled with this kind of imagery? :D

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
I never read the comic, but two counterpoints: 1) Here is a coherent narrative in the text block on the right and 2) were entire multiple comic editions filled with this kind of imagery? :D

I'd say Legion S1 and S2 had plenty of moments of coherent narrative, and the comics have just as much surreal, fantastic imagery and non-conventional story telling (by comics I mean the original Legion material by its creators).

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I'd say Legion S1 and S2 had plenty of moments of coherent narrative, and the comics have just as much surreal, fantastic imagery and non-conventional story telling (by comics I mean the original Legion material by its creators).
Well, S1 was among the best TV I have ever watched while S2 dropped the ball spending too much time on visual imagery and not enough on moving the story forward, but I’ve said this already so...a difference of opinion.

You know in its day, 2001 A Soace Odyssey was critiqued for it’s imagery sequence without explanation. Maybe in the Legion TV show they should include a text box to describe what important plot point they are portraying when they take us on a trip. :p:D

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Well, S1 was among the best TV I have ever watched while S2 dropped the ball spending too much time on visual imagery and not enough on moving the story forward, but I’ve said this already so...a difference of opinion.

You know in its day, 2001 A Soace Odyssey was critiqued for it’s imagery sequence without explanation. Maybe in the Legion TV show they should include a text box to describe what important plot point they are portraying when they take us on a trip. :p:D

Maybe you're just not drunk enough, hahahaha :D
[doublepost=1530640449][/doublepost]

nr1tezw96mws3wjmbavy

BTW, that is the unbelievably talented Bill Sienkiewicz, one of the talents who elevated the medium into art.

Raw, abstract, work like this:

IMG_4530.JPG

Beautiful work from real like and an emotional place like this:

upload_2018-7-3_13-54-28.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I might have already said it, but I’ve gotten around to watching the 8 episodes of Season 3, and although it is still somewhat of an acid trip (my impression of what an acid trip might be :)), I have to continue to give it kudos for visual imagery and I’m actually following along with the story. I’m about half way though where David is back in time with the Japanese time traveler, trying to change his past as if this will fix the present mess, they have to fight time demons, which is very cool how they filmed this with time stop animation. I do want to like this more! :D

Eventually, I may go back and watch it from the beginning to see if I can better digest Season 2.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
It just might be the strangest show I’ve ever watched.
The most imaginative? ;)

OK, I just finished the Series Final. My Summary:
  • Season 1 is stellar and worth watching as a stand alone season. Wow, Season 1 was fantastic! I've got to keep going!
  • Season 2 is a mess, the story lacks cohesion, great visuals though, but I'd categorize it as a waste of time story wise. Huh, what? But then you may feel obligated to see the ending.
  • Season 3 involves a lot of time traveling and characters interacting with each other from different times even different realities, but the story gets resolved. Don't even try to think about the time travel paradoxes. ;)
The bottom line is that I can't recommend this series as a whole, but I can recommend Season 1. Everything in that first season marches forward with coherence and you can fairly easy follow what is happening, and if like me, be thrilled by it.

Last edited:
Reactions: JayMysterio
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.