Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abyssgh0st

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2009
Colorado
From bestbuy.com:

15% for opened notebook computers, projectors, camcorders, digital cameras, radar detectors, GPS navigation and in-car video systems

It'll run you about $75 test drive an xs

That is outdated. We no longer charge restocking fees for ANYTHING, even receipts still reflect the incorrect information. This stopped in Spring 2009.

And even if that was true, he is a RewardZone™ Premiere Silver Member, meaning that he has a 45 day return policy on any item, along with negated restocking fees while they existed.

luminosity

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2006
Arizona
I can verify that. I returned a DVD player last month and paid nothing to do so. In less than five minutes, I had my money and was on my way.

maddagascar

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2009
That is outdated. We no longer charge restocking fees for ANYTHING, even receipts still reflect the incorrect information. This stopped in Spring 2009.

And even if that was true, he is a RewardZone™ Premiere Silver Member, meaning that he has a 45 day return policy on any item, along with negated restocking fees while they existed.

reallllly? :confused::confused::confused::confused: a store i went to still charges one for cameras, GPS, laptops...that i know for sure. till this very day!

blockburner28

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
New Orleans

Thanks man cause I just seen this @ bestbuy for 499.99 also. I priced match my led tv and got back 150ish dollars, so I have a little extra to spend. I might go pick it up in the next hour or so.

Is this a decent sd card for it?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/SanDisk...8554806&ref=10&loc=Sunday Ad&id=1188561943698

btw guys with my silver premier status I can also get the nikon d3000 for $495.00. So now that brings the d3000 vs the canon xs again :(

HBOC

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2008
SLC
if you dont mind buying used, i am telling you, check out fred mirandas' B&S forum. I have hadnothing but positive experiences. You can pick up a used XSi body for about $400, or a nice 30D for $350ish.

blockburner28

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
New Orleans
Well I went to bestbuy and got a price match on my led tv. Giving me a extra 250.00 to spend. So now my final choices are between the
Canon t1i and the Nixon d5000.

I got the pricematch back in a bestbuy giftcard, so I must get this camera from bestbuy. I think I read something about nikon lenses not having auto focus in some of them? I'm leaning towards the t1i. Well time to start doing research guys. See yall later

blockburner28

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
New Orleans
I think this is the one i'm going to get tomorrow. What do you guys think of this bundle along with this lens it comes with?

Nikon - Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED AF-S DX Zoom Lens

HBOC

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2008
SLC
Remember that when you buy a camera, you are buying into a system. So just keep that in mind. It is easier to stay with one brand, then to switch down the road. Both Nikon and Canon are great, I just know Canons' lenses and bodies, and I don't even know what the letters on the lenses mean for Nikon :cool:

luminosity

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2006
Arizona
Remember that when you buy a camera, you are buying into a system. So just keep that in mind. It is easier to stay with one brand, then to switch down the road. Both Nikon and Canon are great, I just know Canons' lenses and bodies, and I don't even know what the letters on the lenses mean for Nikon :cool:

I'm a Nikon shooter and I still know what Canon's lenses are.

DX means it's for a crop sensor and won't give you a complete image circle on a full frame or film camera. AF-S means it has a focusing motor in the lens.

blockburner28

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
New Orleans
Well I finally went with the Canon T1i. I had over 160 dollars of bestbuy gift certificates and 145 dollars on a price matching giftcard. Also my 12% coupon worked so I only came out the pocket with 477 dollars :D. Well its time to retire this thread. Thanks guys for hanging in there with me!

blockburner28

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
New Orleans
Today target was selling the "Canon Rebel xsi" for $187.99 on clearance, but none was in stock. I called another target who has it in stock for $649.99. If I buy it and return it to the other target that sells it for $187.99 in order to buy it again is that illegal?

Abyssgh0st

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2009
Colorado
Not illegal, but I highly doubt they're selling it for that; most likely a pricing error. Also, since the boxes are not sealed, they most likely wouldn't just throw it back on a shelf, regardless of whether you said you've opened it or not.

blockburner28

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
New Orleans
Not illegal, but I highly doubt they're selling it for that; most likely a pricing error. Also, since the boxes are not sealed, they most likely wouldn't just throw it back on a shelf, regardless of whether you said you've opened it or not.

They are selling it for that. Its on clearance at target. Since cannon discontinued them.

jackerin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2008
Finland
Missed the "i" there somehow...

I misinterpreted your post then, it sounded like you were getting another camera while still keeping the 500D.

blockburner28

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
New Orleans
well it didn't work because they didn't have it in their system any more so they salvaged the one I returned. I might go with the canon t2i when it comes out since I have time to return this one. I haven't seen any good reviews on it yet :confused:

blockburner28

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
New Orleans
Just seen a brand new in the box Canon xsi for 425.91 + tax @ samsclub. I don't know if I should jump on this just to get a extra lens :D

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Just seen a brand new in the box Canon xsi for 425.91 + tax @ samsclub. I don't know if I should jump on this just to get a extra lens :D

A good price on a great camera. My XSi cost me about $900, as I recall. You'll get a lot more fun out of putting your money towards lenses than you will from a few extra bells and whistles on the camera.

neutrino23

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2003
SF Bay area
One more thought - if you do order online, stick with one of the reputable shops. Some good ones are Amazon, B&H, Adorama, Canoga Camera (Canoga Park, CA). You'll find cheaper prices online but there are a lot of shady dealers who advertise low prices but either jack up the price with questionable add-ons or never deliver at the quoted price. Do a web search for "Brooklyn Camera Dealers" and you'll see what I mean.

If you want an extended warranty, the online stores sell them; although many credit cards double the manufacturers warranty anyway.

Amen to that. A while back I was shopping for lenses and kept seeing these fabulous prices at several places in New York. I checked the addresses and found that many of them were in the same building! Further Googling turned up all sorts of complaints and lawsuits and such.

blockburner28

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
New Orleans
A good price on a great camera. My XSi cost me about $900, as I recall. You'll get a lot more fun out of putting your money towards lenses than you will from a few extra bells and whistles on the camera.

that is what I was thinking, but I fell in love with the hi res lcd screen :(

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
that is what I was thinking, but I fell in love with the hi res lcd screen :(

Well, I thought I'd really enjoy the hi-res screen too (when I upgraded from my XSi), but then I started using UniWB, which makes all images look green in the camera and requires shooting mostly with the histograms as feedback. So I really don't get much benefit from the fancy new LCD screens on my current cameras.

blockburner28

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
New Orleans
Well, I thought I'd really enjoy the hi-res screen too (when I upgraded from my XSi), but then I started using UniWB, which makes all images look green in the camera and requires shooting mostly with the histograms as feedback. So I really don't get much benefit from the fancy new LCD screens on my current cameras.

I just look at your pictures and all I can say IS WOW! btw what camera you using?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.