Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whadzinaname

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
I emailed ESR and they confirmed it as an issue. I got one which didn't work. The replacement works if I move the cover around. When I emailed ESR support, this is what I got from them.

Dear XXXX,

Thanks for your kind message

We are very sorry to have given you such a bad experience

I offer my heartfelt apologies on behalf of our store for the malfunction of the auto sleep/wake in the iPad case you purchased. We deeply regret that due to certain issues in the manufacturing process, your experience with our product has been less than satisfactory. . We place utmost importance on the quality of our products. In relation to the oversights committed during this production cycle, we have promptly identified the causes and implemented corrective measures to ensure that future offerings will not only meet but exceed your expectations. . Currently, we are actively exploring various solutions to address this issue. However, as we cannot accurately predict when the improved version will be available for sale, we regret to inform you that we are unable to send you a replacement product at this time. To compensate for the inconvenience caused, we are offering a 30% refund as a token of our sincerity and apology. Would this be acceptable to you? . If you have any queries or require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. Your satisfaction is our primary objective, and we are committed to delivering exceptional service. We apologize once again for any inconvenience this matter has caused you and thank you for your understanding and support. We look forward to continuing to serve you with even better services and products in the future.

Sincerely

Zed, ESR Support Team

Last edited:

Krip

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2008
I have the problem with my ESR case too. So I got official Apple Folio - and that has the same issue.

whadzinaname

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
I have the problem with my ESR case too. So I got official Apple Folio - and that has the same issue.
Is the Lock/Unlock setting in Display & Brightness turned on?

Official Apple Folio are fine unless you got a dud.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Same here. ESR refunded my purchase through Amazon, will send me a new case at no charge when the issue is fixed in new ones, and told me to keep the one I have. Kudos to ESR. The Post-It Note workaround works fine.

Conan86

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2012
Singapore
Just wanna chime in that this issue isn’t unique to the ESR case. I got some generic smart folio and it isn't able to auto lock the screen, it locks when the rear isn’t attached. the card stock method worked too..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.