Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

what do you expect the 14" mbp price to be like?

• 1799 like mbp 13 intel

Votes: 34 45.3%
  • 1999 since its gonna be more powerful ,perhaps even on par with the 16"

Votes: 21 28.0%
  • 1799$/2129ā‚¬ as it'll replace intel mbp 13"

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • 1999$/2400ā‚¬ since it's gonna be on par with mbp 16 in terms of perfs/chip

Votes: 5 6.7%

• Total voters

Jorbanead

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2018
This. Apple is hell bent on recouping the 5+ years of R&D they've put into mini-LED, which turned out to be incredibly meh in the end. And the chip shortage may indeed push them to raise prices. I expect $200 increases over predecessors.
Where did you hear they were spending 5 years on this? Samsung is the one who provides the displays for Apple, so they were the ones who spent R&D money, and the iPad price didnā€™t change when they went to mini-LED

Last edited:

senttoschool

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2017
isn't the Mini popular with developers? that could be another reason. Get a cheaper machine out there for people who actually write software.
I'm a developer and I would never buy a Mini over an Air/Pro. Neither would I ever buy the Mini for my team of developers.

Laptops are just infinitely more convenient.

Mr. Bear

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2021
I'm a developer and I would never buy a Mini over an Air/Pro. Neither would I ever buy the Mini for my team of developers.

Laptops are just infinitely more convenient.
I'm not much of a developer, so I'm less interested in paying for a screen that I won't really use. I have a buddy who IS a developer who feels the same way. Or, more specifically, our old (in my case, REALLY old) laptops are adequate for when we need to carry a computer around.

That said, the rumors have me drooling for ANY of them... :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.