Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
I just picked up a new SG 13" M1 MBP. I can confirm this issue persists. This keyboard is literally pink/purple when compared to the white of the screen and most noticeably of the Touch Bar. At this point these keyboards have been out for a year, so I have to imagine this isn't some manufacturing defect and is instead actually considered normal behavior.

Have a 16" MBP which is pure white. So I can put them side by side and easily see the difference.

Sowelu

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2008
New York City
I actually prefer this color tone with the keyboard backlighting - I've found that the keyboard backlighting has looked dull with other MacBooks (dingy with a slight yellow tone).

If Apple would allow the TouchBar to be brighter (user controlled) and allowed us to disable TrueTone affecting the TouchBar (which is such a ridiculous 'feature'), then the two would match a bit better.

Why Apple thinks the TouchBar should reflect TrueTone is beyond me - it makes all the would be vibrant OLED 'buttons' look dull and yellowed. A brighter, non-TrueTone tinted TouchBar would remedy this 'mismatch' issue for most.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.