Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

rybak17

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2010
Poland
-1 :D
Pw3ksAO.png

Populus

macrumors 603
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Maybe this is already reported but when secondary click on the plus tab of Safari, it gives you the chance of restoring closed tabs.
5p38ZfF.png

[doublepost=1469563057][/doublepost]Also, I would like to ask you if everyone has this ugly arrangement on the System Preferences pane, where Boot Disk is akwardly taking a whole empty row:

q2LvTPN.png

[doublepost=1469563193][/doublepost]Oh, and I have a third question: Where did the hell go the system wide feature Dictionary & Wikipedia definitions when three finger tap on a word? Now it only invokes movies or apps from the app store, and I always disable this Spotlight sugestions thing. I just want definitions, translates and Wikipedia.

Reactions: The Doctor11

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Maybe this is already reported but when secondary click on the plus tab of Safari, it gives you the chance of restoring closed tabs.
5p38ZfF.png

[doublepost=1469563057][/doublepost]Also, I would like to ask you if everyone has this ugly arrangement on the System Preferences pane, where Boot Disk is akwardly taking a whole empty row:

q2LvTPN.png

[doublepost=1469563193][/doublepost]Oh, and I have a third question: Where did the hell go the system wide feature Dictionary & Wikipedia definitions when three finger tap on a word? Now it only invokes movies or apps from the app store, and I always disable this Spotlight sugestions thing. I just want definitions, translates and Wikipedia.

You can click on View and change it to Alphabetically or by category.

prefs.png

Populus

macrumors 603
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
That is certainly not new in Sierra... the option show/hide Preferences has been there for quite a while.

Yes, you're right, I just discovered it now, being a OS X user since 2010 xD.
Sorry for the off-topic.

By the way, i've recovered the Dictionary function for the three finger tap on Safari and other text system wide. It happens to be that all dictionaries were erased during the update, and I had to re-download them.

But, still, I haven't been able to get back the Wikipedia definitions for this three finger tap. Anyone knows how to have it?

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Since PB2, the shortcut for shutting down (ctrl-alt-cmd-power) isn't working; it does nothing. The related shortcuts (e.g. ctrl-cmd-power for reboot) work fine.

Anyone else having this issue, or is it just me?

Edited after PB3: Either it was just me, or no-one else cared to check, but whatever: it's fixed in PB3 :)

Last edited:

muouyiyi

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
Hi everyone !

I noticed in PB3 that when I click the WiFi icon in the menu bar, to see the list of networks around me, the list is not refreshing constantly anymore like in El Capitan.
I also have an iPhone, and usually, it appears in this menu to launch network tethering if needed, and now, it appears very rarely.

Have you noticed the same ?

Exactly the same issue.....by "very rarely", you mean none or very rare? at least none for me.
It seems that on a clean install the wifi actually keeps refreshing...clearly an upgrade bug.

X3n0n

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2016
France
Exactly the same issue.....by "very rarely", you mean none or very rare? at least none for me.
It seems that on a clean install the wifi actually keeps refreshing...clearly an upgrade bug.

Thanks for your answer.
Yeah, iPhone appears nearly never...

johnLongview

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2013
For those of you that had issues loading Twitter videos (both in Safari and apps like Tweetbot)... Beta 4 appears to have fixed it.

SavageBeauty

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2014
The old "press shift for slow motion" on animations appears not to work any more, at least not by default. End of an era. I remember staring at the genie animation in slo-mo for hours on Tiger.

Oh, this makes me very sad. I did the same. >>nostalgia<<

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
Yay! The Safari Extensions are back for macOS Sierra.
I assume you mean they're restored the link to their Safari Extension Gallery link via the Safari menu. The gallery itself was never gone.

Apple probably wants to change it back to the App Store later than there are enough native extensions for Safari. Doesn't make sense to do it when there aren't any extensions and I seriously doubt it is going to happen since Safari continues to get worse with lack of any updates to their extension APIs. Firefox, Chrome and Edge are going to have identical APIs, only Safari will be left out. If Apple wants to fix this, they need to start adding support for WebExtension APIs.

X3n0n

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2016
France
Hi everyone !

I noticed in PB2 that when I click the WiFi icon in the menu bar, to see the list of networks around me, the list is not refreshing constantly anymore like in El Capitan.
I also have an iPhone, and usually, it appears in this menu to launch network tethering if needed, and now, it appears very rarely.

Have you noticed the same ?

Thame thing in PB 3 :/

Are we only 2 of us to have this problem ?

X3n0n

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2016
France
Thanks for this constructive answer, It took you more time to say that than test my case on your computer.

If you thought about it just for 2 seconds, you would understand that I bumped my previous post to update it and say that it still buggy for me.

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
Mine searches for Wifi networks and refreshes the list. And my iPhone hotspot appears as usual.

X3n0n

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2016
France
Mine searches for Wifi networks and refreshes the list. And my iPhone hotspot appears as usual.

Thanks.
Have you updated from El Capitan or installed from scratch ?

This is not the thread to report bugs, nor talking to oneself.

Yeah, you are late man, bug have been reported in this thread before me, and it's just one simply question that in my opinion doesn't deserve a whole new thread because, it could have been a new "feature".

But it's easier to bash someone without reading what is posted (I wasn't talking alone, we were at least 2 with the problem).

muouyiyi

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
Thanks.
Have you updated from El Capitan or installed from scratch ?

Yeah, you are late man, bug have been reported in this thread before me, and it's just one simply question that in my opinion doesn't deserve a whole new thread because, it could have been a new "feature".

But it's easier to bash someone without reading what is posted (I wasn't talking alone, we were at least 2 with the problem).

Hey buddy, by "we 2" I believe you are referring to me..
And good news, pretty sure I find the cause to this issue.
If you have "Popclip" installed by any chance, just quit it and remove it from autostart items, do a reboot and see if the issue persists.
Popclip is not compatible with the latest macOS, that's all for now.
-----
Another bug I found in PB3 is that the keyboard backlight settings won't be remembered after reboot. Uncheck "adjust keyboard brightness in low light" and after reboot it will always revert back to checked. Also the keyboard brightness won't be remembered. Please tell me I am not alone on this...

Last edited:

X3n0n

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2016
France
Hey buddy, by "we 2" I believe you are referring to me..
And good news, pretty sure I find the cause to this issue.
If you have "Popclip" installed by any chance, just quit it and remove it from autostart items, do a reboot and see if the issue persists.
Popclip is not compatible with the latest macOS, that's all for now.
-----
Another bug I found in PB3 is that the keyboard backlight settings won't be remembered after reboot. Uncheck "adjust keyboard brightness in low light" and after reboot it will always revert back to checked. Also the keyboard brightness won't be remembered. Please tell me I am not alone on this...

Yes, it's you :) Thanks.
I don't have this software so, I will live with it for now, I a found something I will update my post.

I updated from El Capitan to the first public beta and have been updating with each new PB release.

Thanks, so, I hope it will be fixed in the next release.

Not to be completely off-topic, I noticed that if you have a FileVault enabled system, and have a non encrypted TimeMachine, a notification show to tell you that your are backing up to a non encrypted TimeMachine.

This didn't happened with PB2/PB1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.