Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
No, is actually the macOS Sierra public beta and is running on a Ma book pro 13 early 2011

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-09%20at%2012.07.09.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-09%20at%2012.07.27.png
This might be a silly question, but have you tried turning the dark menu bar & Dock off and back on again? I can't reproduce the issue on either of my Macs running Sierra.

Reactions: jgelin

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I have not read all 23 pages so forgive me if this was posted. But if you double space at the end of a sentence like iOS, it auto-inserts a period. Adds to typing speed a little bit once you get use to it.

iphonedude2008

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2009
Irvine, CA
I have not read all 23 pages so forgive me if this was posted. But if you double space at the end of a sentence like iOS, it auto-inserts a period. Adds to typing speed a little bit once you get use to it.
Yes I noticed it and am liking it a lot.
[doublepost=1468102500][/doublepost]
I know but the OP called it "Dark Mode". There is no "Dark Mode" in macOS Sierra.
No dark mode in iOS 10 either. If you're going to tell someone off for posting in the wrong thread, you should look at the entire post which included a very clear picture

shanson27

macrumors 68020
Nov 27, 2011
This might be a silly question, but have you tried turning the dark menu bar & Dock off and back on again? I can't reproduce the issue on either of my Macs running Sierra.

Too late, I restored already my mac back to El Capitan

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2014
Is the menubar more transparent in dark mode than previous versions of OS?

To my eyes the menu bar in Sierra seems to shows more of the colour from the desktop image than El Capitan / Yosemite.... But I must admit I haven't booted any of these versions lately so it may be my imagination!
[doublepost=1468141841][/doublepost]
I clicked a hyperlink here in MacRumors, which opened a new tab. Instead of the back button being grayed out like it usually is in new tabs, it was lit up. I clicked it, and it closed the tab and took me back to the previous MR tab I had been reading.

Yes I'm really liking this feature too. However I wish they would take it a step further.

Currently if you click a link and it opens a new tab and then you proceed to open a new website or link from that tab you can no longer go all the way back / close tab and return to original tab using the back button.

danielagos

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2015
Does the photos app have any new editing tools?

According to Anandtech:
Apple also has a new editing option called Brilliance. This setting essentially works to improve the exposure of an image selectively by brightening darker areas but leaving properly exposed areas as they are. For instance, it may lighten a harsh shadow significantly while only slightly adjusting the well-lit area. This slider can be thought of as one that automatically applies the other adjustments that are available individually in order to achieve a certain result.

Also, from that same article, I think that nobody here has mentioned this yet:
The new Store in iCloud feature claims to store all files and photos in iCloud and keeps only recently utilized files on your local drive. […] the list of things that it will move to the cloud is quite comprehensive, and it includes files like unused fonts, language packs, unused Mac App Store apps, and many other things that you would never have time to clean off your computer even if you never use them. Most important of all is that this does not count against your iCloud storage.

Reactions: pmostoff

pmostoff

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2015
According to Anandtech:

Also, from that same article, I think that nobody here has mentioned this yet:

Wow, if that's true that's pretty great! As the article points out, it only makes sense due to a lot of that stuff being Apple software that can be re downloaded from them. I haven't really looked into it a lot yet but now I can only hope that they provide more granular control option for it. I wouldn't mind getting rid of different language files and fonts I never touch but I like having my Mac be a place that has all of the full-quality copies of my photos.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
I've been running it for a few days. Nothing really resource intensive. Mostly Safari.

No issues so far other than a noticeable drop in battery life.

Wormald

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2011
London
Pressing Cmd-W whilst Safari is full screen but only has one tab open now closes that tab / the full screen window and slides to another space.

Previously it did nothing, you had to un full-screen then Cmd-W to close the last tab.

Reactions: pmostoff

DaPizzaMan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2016
Pressing Cmd-W whilst Safari is full screen but only has one tab open now closes that tab / the full screen window and slides to another space.

Previously it did nothing, you had to un full-screen then Cmd-W to close the last tab.
I just tried it in OS X 10.11.5 and the same thing happened. I'm pretty sure this has been the case since the beginning of El Capitan (10.11).

arggg14

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2014
Looks like none of the Apple services (siri, safari, messages, find my friends) are working on Sierra while connected to a VPN. Chrome and Firefox work fine.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
Minor issue appears on Timesunion.com (local newspaper website). The site auto plays videos and it did not do that before. I'm going to double check my settings. Not sure if it happens on other sites.

Takuro

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
Any new changes in DP3? People are remaining a little quiet. The only real feedback I am seeing on sites is that it's generally less stable. :/

iTom17

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2013
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Any new changes in DP3? People are remaining a little quiet. The only real feedback I am seeing on sites is that it's generally less stable. :/
People are indeed being quiet here. That's a shame, since this is MACrumors. Yet, they're mostly talking about what's new in iOS 10 beta 3. xD

Haven't been able to find anything new so far, as I'm running the new beta too. Although, there's this little thing which is also part of iOS 10 beta 3 I think: when you have iCloud Drive opened in the Finder, it shows as Handoff on the iPhone/iPad. Not a big thing, but still a pretty handy addition. Though I'm not sure if it is actually part of the new beta. :p

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
What's with Sierra not supporting the new iMessage features? Is that coming later?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.