Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

minik

macrumors demi-god
Jun 25, 2007
somewhere
This looks new after the 12.4 update. It used to be a checkbox on/off.

12_4_showdate.png

Reactions: RandomDSdevel

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
I have the latest 12.4 version installed.
Touch id button, seems to no longer work when trying to make macbook pro active again, after sleep.
Even the keyboard itself, takes a couple of seconds, to make mbp 'feel' that I am trying to go in mac os again.
It seems like a bug. Anyone else with the same problem?

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I have the latest 12.4 version installed.
Touch id button, seems to no longer work when trying to make macbook pro active again, after sleep.
Even the keyboard itself, takes a couple of seconds, to make mbp 'feel' that I am trying to go in mac os again.
It seems like a bug. Anyone else with the same problem?

I never bothered to update from 12.3.1, seems being slow to update on my Mac pays!

Reactions: cool11

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Is this a stable tactic from your side, to 'wait and see' before proceeding to any new update?

Generally works pretty well for me as a general practice

Especially if the update change log doesn’t seem to have anything I’m particularly looking to have addressed

Occasionally I just go for it but that’s far from all the time

Especially when a new major version os comes out I lag a few months behind typically

Reactions: cool11

MrGunny94

macrumors 65816
Dec 3, 2016
Malaga, Spain
Guys how's your WindowServer process look when using Dual Displays? Or using an external display at all? When using my dual 4.5k Displays my Window Server in macOS Monterey goes up to 3GB...

polyphenol

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2020
Wales
Guys how's your WindowServer process look when using Dual Displays? Or using an external display at all? When using my dual 4.5k Displays my Window Server in macOS Monterey goes up to 3GB...
Mine is 1.95 GB just using the built-in display of a 14" MBP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.