Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

nortonandreev

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2016
Europe
RIP, so is there even a store to purchase music anymore? Or
Within the Apple Music app, you can click on show on iTunes Store and it opens iTunes page, but I do not think that this is accessible if you do not have Apple Music subscription, so most probably they will kill it in later betas? Not sure.

s448d2.jpg

Eduardo75890

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2016
San Francisco, CA
How is Mac OS Beta treating you guys? Is it stable enough so far that you would install it? If not I'll wait for Beta 2 or 3 depending how stable they are

nortonandreev

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2016
Europe
How is Mac OS Beta treating you guys? Is it stable enough so far that you would install it? If not I'll wait for Beta 2 or 3 depending how stable they are
I would say it's sluggish a bit, but it is to be expected from beta 1. I would say wait a bit, but it depends on what you want to do. Apart from the new apps (music, podcast and TV) and updated startup screen on Safari, I do not see any other changes.

mocoso

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2015
Would someone be able to try out the "up next" feature of the new music app? I'm trying to figure out if it works like it did in iTunes or if it works like the iOS Music app.

Go up to View and select Show Now Playing. That will add a side view column with the the Up Next view

TrenttonY

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
From the apple.com macOS Preview. Referring to the new Music.app

"Music Store
For users who still like to own their music, the iTunes Store is just a click away."

Anyone find it?

Another question, does the new TV.app still allow you to have non-purchased iTunes Movies in the "Library" tab?

mocoso

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2015

"Music Store
For users who still like to own their music, the iTunes Store is just a click away."

Anyone find it?

Another question, does the new TV.app still allow you to have non-purchased iTunes Movies in the "Library" tab?

iTunes Store can be added by selecting View and then clicking on Show iTunes Store
[doublepost=1559600396][/doublepost]

"Music Store

Anyone find it?

Not a full answer most likely, but I was just able to import a video file I shot at a baseball game to Apple TV app. Went up to File - Import (Apple + O) and imported the file. It now appears in the Library section of AppleTV

TrenttonY

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
iTunes Store can be added by selecting View and then clicking on Show iTunes Store
[doublepost=1559600396][/doublepost]
Not a full answer most likely, but I was just able to import a video file I shot at a baseball game to Apple TV app. Went up to File - Import (Apple + O) and imported the file. It now appears in the Library section of AppleTV
Thanks. Are you able to edit the metadata on that video, and or the meta data of iTunes Movie purchases in the "Library" tab?

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
Go up to View and select Show Now Playing. That will add a side view column with the the Up Next view
Thanks, but my question is actually more specific than that.

If you hit play next or play later in iTunes, it creates a separate "up next" queue. In iOS it doesn't. I prefer the iTunes way, so I'm trying to see if the new Music player has made any change to it.

mocoso

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2015
Thanks, but my question is actually more specific than that.

If you hit play next or play later in iTunes, it creates a separate "up next" queue. In iOS it doesn't. I prefer the iTunes way, so I'm trying to see if the new Music player has made any change to it.

Hope this helps - Just opened Music on Catalina. Selected a George Michael track. It started playing. When I looked over at Up Next section, all it showed was GM tunes. Next scrolled down in Songs section and clicked on Play Next for a New Order track. Peeked at the Up Next column and it looks like it made what I would call a "side queue" with a Back to: Music section beneath it. Screen shot attached.
[doublepost=1559601591][/doublepost]
Thanks. Are you able to edit the metadata on that video, and or the meta data of iTunes Movie purchases in the "Library" tab?

Just checked Library footage meta data edits. It appears possible as I just made the Almighty the editor of a sports vid I added to the library. See screenshot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 3.28.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 3.28.57 PM.png
    156.8 KB · Views: 431
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 3.38.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 3.38.19 PM.png
    167 KB · Views: 457

azdolan

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2017
Dundee, Scotland
Within the Apple Music app, you can click on show on iTunes Store and it opens iTunes page, but I do not think that this is accessible if you do not have Apple Music subscription, so most probably they will kill it in later betas? Not sure.

s448d2.jpg
Are you still able to edit the metadata of songs in the new music app?

sam3020

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2007
Anyone upgraded actually seen Steam not working?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-06-03 at 23.41.08.png
    Screenshot 2019-06-03 at 23.41.08.png
    76.2 KB · Views: 396

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
Hope this helps - Just opened Music on Catalina. Selected a George Michael track. It started playing. When I looked over at Up Next section, all it showed was GM tunes. Next scrolled down in Songs section and clicked on Play Next for a New Order track. Peeked at the Up Next column and it looks like it made what I would call a "side queue" with a Back to: Music section beneath it. Screen shot attached.
Thank you so much! Looks like it operates like it did before which is a relief since I hate the iOS version. Thanks again!

mocoso

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2015
Are you still able to edit the metadata of songs in the new music app?

I have an Apple Music sub and downloaded the tune that was played at the Keynote opening today. Was able to edit meta data for the track. Closed the tune and re-opened it and it still shows up. See screenshot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 3.42.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 3.42.39 PM.png
    54.8 KB · Views: 347

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Can someone check if Microsoft Remote Desktop is working in beta 1? Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.