Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

7Muse7Eech

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2023
...Now : back to new! Nevertheless another GPU has arrived : it is
MSI RADEON RX 560 AERO ITX 4G OC
made in china
; it is a Mac Vid Card version , with its presentation as a EFI boot
Now , again : Please : how would I consider it ? a doable one ? or what ? another failure?
Lol
Best Regards

7Muse7Eech

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2023
What RX580 did you try? I'm using an MSI and it works perfectly, as has been the case for most people.
...hi , there .
well:
a one made in china ; sapphire pulse radeon rx 580 8 gb dual hdmi/dvi_d/dual dp oc wbp (uefi)
that is what i am ready to tell...

7Muse7Eech

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2023
Finally ! Evry thing is , now , all right !
PPheeuwsh!
Thankful to Your site FORUM.MACRUMORS. COM ( and to the vendor which sold me the graphic) , I am here now to clarify that:
only a single one solution was needed : a :a one: a one single : a one single cable : a one single HDMI : a one single HDMI cable ,
was needed, in order to have the gpu operational.
Now I got a total amount of three GPU , of which : two are useless, so to say...
Nevertheless I also have been constantly in the needing to obtain and use a special receipt , to set the computer`s Boot ROM version elevated , up , to 144.0.0.0.0

Then , the next step would be , as I am humbly learning , to know the procedure , in order to have a new : well...: a clarified , a cleansed ROM or s.th. like that ...
May I ask You further info ?
Best Regards

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
Finally ! Evry thing is , now , all right !
PPheeuwsh!
Thankful to Your site FORUM.MACRUMORS. COM ( and to the vendor which sold me the graphic) , I am here now to clarify that:
only a single one solution was needed : a :a one: a one single : a one single cable : a one single HDMI : a one single HDMI cable ,
was needed, in order to have the gpu operational.
Now I got a total amount of three GPU , of which : two are useless, so to say...
Nevertheless I also have been constantly in the needing to obtain and use a special receipt , to set the computer`s Boot ROM version elevated , up , to 144.0.0.0.0

Then , the next step would be , as I am humbly learning , to know the procedure , in order to have a new : well...: a clarified , a cleansed ROM or s.th. like that ...
May I ask You further info ?
Best Regards

I've sent you a PM (top right of the MacRumors page, letter icon) with all the info, required files, service fee and turnaround time.

sdajgasgd

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2024
A real retail RX 560, works. This means a video card made with the GPU AMD Polaris 21 with 1024 SPs (also called cores).

The problem is that there are south Asia GPU factories that use lowly binned GPUs that only have 896 SPs (or even less), these should be used to make a RX 550, but instead the factories make a Chinese market RX 560 with less SPs.

These low binned GPUs have a different PCIe id than the real RX 560 and Apple AMD drivers do not work with these. Windows/Linux works.

It's easy to identify the GPUs that do not work with macOS with Windows/GPU-Z, look at a different PCIe id than the expected and lower than 1024 SPs (cores).

There are also Lexa GPUs (RX 550 dedicated GPU that AMD made very late and is not supported by macOS) that are renamed as RX 560, these are fake RX 560.
Hello! Should it work with OSX? Because I only see black screen (Sonoma, Ventura). It has 1024 SP
I'm trying to use it within MacOs VM (OSX-KVM)

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    670.2 KB · Views: 38

Chacum

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2021
Manresa, Barcelona, España
Ok, bueno, me alegro de que haya funcionado para ti. Me arriesgué y compré un volt476, funciona bien y ahorra espacio. Diré que de estos últimos macos el monterey es súper sólido, ni siquiera un contratiempo, me encantó. Pero por curiosidad elegí Sonoma y eso también me gusta mucho (un par de contratiempos con los que puedo vivir por ahora) pero lo más sorprendente es que pt 23.6 funciona, y el 99 por ciento de mis complementos también funcionan, ¡¡¡ME SORPRENDÉ !!!! Waves14, Plugin Alliance, SSL Native, Native Instruments, Accusonus, Softtube e incluso mi uad2 pcie y todos los complementos... lo que no funcionó fue T-racks e izotope, afortunadamente puedo arreglármelas sin ellos. Estoy dorado ahora mismo...
Hola, ¿cómo lograste instalar Waves14 en Macos Sonoma? Tengo Protools y no carga los complementos después de instalarlos, Logic Pro si los abre, Protools no, ¿podrías ayudarme? Lo he intentado. todo pero no puedo hacer que Protools abra los complementos de Waves14, ¿hay algún método? entonces funciona?

MrScratchHook

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2022
United States
Hola, ¿cómo lograste instalar Waves14 en Macos Sonoma? Tengo Protools y no carga los complementos después de instalarlos, Logic Pro si los abre, Protools no, ¿podrías ayudarme? Lo he intentado. todo pero no puedo hacer que Protools abra los complementos de Waves14, ¿hay algún método? entonces funciona?
cuando esta abierta la pantalla de instalar waves hay un boton que dise fix permissions/ arreglar permisos, intenta eso aver si te trabaja

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.