Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
The Giants had a real lost weekend in Philly. If the pitching gives up any runs, there's not much hope because the offense is so anemic.

• Sad
Reactions: Don Quixote

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Dodgers, after a slow start, have poured it on.

Sometimes I wonder if Ohtani should even go back to pitching. It seems like more opportunity to get injured, with double duty, and his bat is too dominant.

TechRunner

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2016
SW Florida, US
Sometimes I wonder if Ohtani should even go back to pitching. It seems like more opportunity to get injured, with double duty, and his bat is too dominant.
I've wondered that too. He will likely come to that conclusion at some point, especially if the Dodgers (owners of that mighty contract) give him their blessing.

Don Quixote

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2023
The Giants had a real lost weekend in Philly. If the pitching gives up any runs, there's not much hope because the offense is so anemic.
yup

We're just so awful...

Still not sold on Melvin either... at least he is a baseball manager... not a Svengali type...

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Baseball is a funny sport. Based on how some Yankees fans are acting, you'd think they were a .500 team, but they're tied for most wins in the AL lol.

Could the offense pick it up a little? Sure. But their offense has been better than the other team's offense in most games. It's very hard for a team's pitching and offense to be very good at the same time. Right now, the pitching is outstanding. I'm sure the offense will improve.

Reactions: pachyderm

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Baseball is a funny sport. Based on how some Yankees fans are acting, you'd think they were a .500 team, but they're tied for most wins in the AL lol.

Could the offense pick it up a little? Sure. But their offense has been better than the other team's offense in most games. It's very hard for a team's pitching and offense to be very good at the same time. Right now, the pitching is outstanding. I'm sure the offense will improve.
The Orioles look very good so far this season...

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
MLB 05/07/2024
PPoVrQ0.png

IaSzrgz.png

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Good seats for sure
Yeah, I got a good deal on SeatGeek. $125 per ticket, which is a lot for most ballparks, but it's a bargain for that section at Yankee Stadium lol. It comes with free food though, burgers, hot dogs, pizza, drinks, etc. So if I was going to spend $50 on concessions, the tickets were more like $75.

Reactions: jeremz1ne

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2011
RIP Sean Burroughs.

Not sure if anyone remembers him, but in the early 90's he threw 2 no hitters in the LLWS. He went on to the majors and played in some games, but didn't have a great career.

But what I remember him for is when they were interviewing the kids at the LLWS, and they asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up (a question you probably shouldn't ask a 12 year old boy), he replied on national TV: A gynecologist. LOL

Dead at 43. :(

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I know I shouldn't be complaining because the Yankees are playing very good baseball, but Caleb Ferguson might be the worst reliever I've seen since Tyler Clippard. Just awful.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Yeah, I got a good deal on SeatGeek. $125 per ticket, which is a lot for most ballparks, but it's a bargain for that section at Yankee Stadium lol. It comes with free food though, burgers, hot dogs, pizza, drinks, etc. So if I was going to spend $50 on concessions, the tickets were more like $75.

They'd have to pay me to see the Yankees 🤑

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.