Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleDior31

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
Love this i-blason so much I even did a review on amazon and I never do reviews!

Attachments

• IMG_4191.PNG
    IMG_4191.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 323
Reactions: Truefan31

GeekishlyGreek

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2015
Greece
Trying from the US and still going to the US website.
Yeah, USA should be fairly simple, as .com is where it's at. But very weird to be diverted to uk whilst I'm here. I'm going to try it again when I get home to Greece and see if it still does that.
[doublepost=1474565797][/doublepost]
Is anyone else on here that is not based in the US noticing the strange behavior of amazon links when posting on this site? The links I left were all for the global USA based amazon.com site, but I am in the UK at the moment for a couple of weeks, and I've started to notice that whenever I click the .com links, it is automatically diverting me to the UK version of amazon instead. (for example: www.amazon.com/dp/B01KZTISHC seems to be erroneously autodirecting me to www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01KZTISHC ) Is anyone else experiencing this? (most likely this will not be happening to anyone based in the US, as .com will be the local one).

It's not necessarily a bad thing, but definitely something I've never noticed before. (perhaps it's new functionality, or perhaps it always did this). However, usually I am based in Greece (because I live there) and from there the links normally take me to the same one as the link originally says (like it should), so was just curious if this was exclusive to UK, or if it happened anywhere else too? (Greece doesn't have a version of amazon, so it's possible that this is why I don't get the divert from there)

If any non-US based people on here are reading this, can you please do me a favor and test where the links take you? Let me know both which country you are trying it from, and also which version of amazon it is taking you to when you click it. www.amazon.com/dp/B01KZTISHC Should be an interesting little experiment, just to see what happens. (for me, it seems to be happening on anyone's .com link (not just mine), but just for amazon links (links for other websites are all working as normal). If anyone can let me know, it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
what do you mean ?
Basically, if you click on an amazon link that is supposed to be for the USA version of Amaozn (where the site extesnion ends in ".com", instead of taking me to where the link is supposed to go, it is automatically re-diverting me to the uk version of amaozn (notice the country extension of the web address says ".co.uk" instead of ".com")
Obviously anyone in the usa won't be able to help me test this out, as the re-direct to usa is the same as the original links.

But anyone living outside the US, if you can [lease help me test this out.

step 1) click on this amazon usa link www.amazon.com/dp/B01KZTISHC
step 2) let me know what country you are currently in, and which version of amazon it is taking you to (for example, if you are in UK like I am right now, is it re-directing you to amazon.co.uk/dp/B01KZTISHC ?, or if you are in France, is it re-directing you to amazon.fr/dp/B01KZTISHC ?, or if you are in Canada, is it taking you to amazon.ca/dp/B01KZTISHC ?,etc.)

just curious to see if it is deliberate functionality that is happening to all no-USA residents, or if it is just happening to me in the UK.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
I"m finally getting my 7+ today, and I have 5 or 6 cases already waiting so I'll be posting a thread with a bunch of comparision pictures. I have 3 cases which are very similar, all 3 from companies who offered the case free in exchange for a review. I paid for a Nomad leather, a RhinoShield crashguard, and an xdoria defense lux. I think of all of them the xdoria is my current favorite just based on looks and feel with the nomad a close 2nd.

Reactions: DallasManic

cla9614

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
I'm waiting for the Ghostek Atomic 3 to come out and then I will get it. For now, I'm just using the standard apple case from the Apple Store to protect the back from scratches. I hope my phone doesn't get scratched on the front between now and then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.