Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iAuremo

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2023
Looks like the installer you're trying to load is not working. Maybe try starting over from scratch, or make sure you're booting into the correct installer. That's about all I have in terms of ideas...
Look..

iAuremo

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2023
@rm5 I want to run as it was, but my flash drive died. I select both of these hard drives, nothing...
I downloaded to another mac os high sierra installer mac doesn't see it, maybe because usb 3.0?

iAuremo

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2023
@rm5 I want to run as it was, but my flash drive died. I select both of these hard drives, nothing...
I downloaded to another mac os high sierra installer mac doesn't see it, maybe because usb 3.0?
Edit: My flash drive died with mac os monterey on it :c

rm5

macrumors 68030
Mar 4, 2022
United States
Okay... do you want to run High Sierra or Monterey? Your original post indicated you wanted to run Monterey, but I see you're trying to boot into HS. So BEFORE DOING ANYTHING, try booting the HS installation "as-is" and then building OCLP.

Would another video be helpful for you?

EDIT: Now I understand, since your flash drive died, that's why you're booting into HS... sorry!!

iAuremo

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2023
Okay... do you want to run High Sierra or Monterey? Your original post indicated you wanted to run Monterey, but I see you're trying to boot into HS. So BEFORE DOING ANYTHING, try booting the HS installation "as-is."

Would another video be helpful for you?
I now want to go back to high sierra to prepare a new flash drive with mac os monterey. But I don't press anything on the keyboard and this menu pops up like in these two videos, I want to do an online restore this is what pops up

Attachments

• 666BC412-FCA4-436D-9FD9-BABD732FEB03.jpeg
    666BC412-FCA4-436D-9FD9-BABD732FEB03.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 62

rm5

macrumors 68030
Mar 4, 2022
United States
I now want to go back to high sierra to prepare a new flash drive with mac os monterey. But I don't press anything on the keyboard and this menu pops up like in these two videos, I want to do an online restore this is what pops up
That's really weird. My guess is that OCLP is not working correctly, so you're gonna have to dump the OCLP installation and start from scratch.

When I get home, I can make a video for you. Would that be helpful?

EDIT: OCLP probably doesn't know where the "recovery sectors" for Internet Recovery are supposed to be, so that's why it throws the error... a pure guess, I'm probably wrong.

EDIT #2 - You'll have to put the original GPU in, just an FYI. Because you want to be able to boot normally w/out OCLP.

iAuremo

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2023
Yeah it would be cool if you could help me get back to HS. I don't press anything on the keyboard and it comes up. And I don't know how to get it back the way it was. I press cmd+r nothing...
That's really weird. My guess is that OCLP is not working correctly, so you're gonna have to dump the OCLP installation and start from scratch.

When I get home, I can make a video for you. Would that be helpful?

EDIT: OCLP probably doesn't know where the "recovery sectors" for Internet Recovery are supposed to be, so that's why it throws the error... a pure guess, I'm probably wrong.

Reactions: rm5

rm5

macrumors 68030
Mar 4, 2022
United States
Yeah it would be cool if you could help me get back to HS. I don't press anything on the keyboard and it comes up. And I don't know how to get it back the way it was. I press cmd+r nothing...
As I can't help you immediately (I'm not at home right now), see if you can try to:
  1. Put the original video card back in
  2. Boot the installation of HS you already have
    1. Hold down Option right after the chime, and then hold down CONTROL on the keyboard (so the arrow turns into a circle w/ an arrow)—so it will always (temporarily) boot off that installation, rather than OCLP.
  3. Do NOT build OCLP yet.
  4. Find another USB drive that you can use to build OCLP to when the time comes.
  5. Also, don't put the new video card in until you've built OCLP... but wait until I make a video for you to do that
Obviously if another forum member is able to help you in the meantime (next couple hours), then you might get your questions answered earlier than I'm able to.

iAuremo

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2023
Replaced the OLD GPU, did not help.
I click on "500GB SSD" nothing is the same and "NEW".
I dont know, who can help me.
P.s im waiting your video

rm5

macrumors 68030
Mar 4, 2022
United States
Replaced the OLD GPU, did not help.
I click on "500GB SSD" nothing is the same and "NEW".
I dont know, who can help me.
P.s im waiting your video
Are you in Recovery? If so, STOP and boot back into your old installation with the old video card. At this point, to me, it seems unnecessary to wipe your hard drive. What are you trying to do?

iAuremo

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2023
I have my old GPU in MP 5.1 right now.
I run it and it comes out the same thing I attached, in the video.
Are you in Recovery? If so, STOP and boot back into your old installation with the old video card. At this point, to me, it seems unnecessary to wipe your hard drive. What are you trying to do?

iAuremo

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2023
Oh! So sorry for the confusion! When you boot it up, do you see a gray screen before anything else
No. If you watched the video, imagine. That everything is the same. There's no difference.

rm5

macrumors 68030
Mar 4, 2022
United States
I just rewatched the video. Lemme make sure I"m understanding... so it's doing the exact same thing as in the video? Booting into OpenCore?

iAuremo

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2023
I've had this happen actually. I'll either remove the drive completely or just try holding down option a million times until it actually works... that's about all I've tried to fix the issue.
Okay, I'll try to work harder with this, but did you run the hard drive that had HS on it?

rm5

macrumors 68030
Mar 4, 2022
United States
Okay, I'll try to work harder with this, but did you run the hard drive that had HS on it?
No, I didn't. However, I did make a video awhile back about trying to fix mine when the original install was corrupted. Take a look if you want to—I'm not sure it's gonna be particularly helpful in your case, but it might provide some information you need.

I'll have a video for you specifically this evening.

iAuremo

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2023
@rm5
Hi!
I have some good news. I was spamming by hitting the alt button and got confused with my SSD. I reinstalled mac os HS. Ugh. A clean mac os HS for me now. How do you install mac os monterey? 😂 I don't want 7 circles of hell again.
P.S I didn't watch your videos :) hee hee

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.