Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Love-hate šŸ relationship

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 19, 2021
mbp 14,but was same on mba m1.

i cant seem to find the right speed between built-in mouse settings,and logitech options+ ones,it feels stuttering,and not precise.either too slow or too fast ,what settings do you guys use ?

belo are screenshots of the two sliders that can be modified

1640288629207.png
1640288642753.png

antnard1

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2009
Cannot recommend CursorSense highly enough to tweak this. I spent the $10 on it years ago and have never once regretted it. I used it to tune the acceleration and sensitivity of my mx master 3 to the perfect feel (for me) after much experimentation. I landed on .15 for acceleration and 1500 for sensitivity. Tracking in the stock Mouse pref pane is all the way down (to the left).

I also use Mos to make the wheel ("unlocked" mode) feel very similar to touch scrolling on the trackpad - it's just awesome.

SteerMouse (same dev as CursorSense) is also essential IMO. I use a naga pro sometimes and it let me customize all of the MMO side buttons.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
I use SteerMouse for my Logitech mouse (different model).

But a question:
HOW are you connecting?
Is it via bluetooth?
If so, THAT could be the problem, not the mouse drivers/software.

If you use the "unifying receiver", it will be much better.
However, you'll need a dongle or adapter by which to connect it.

Reactions: Wesmosis

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 19, 2021

But a question:
HOW are you connecting?
Is it via bluetooth?

Hi

MX master 3 for Mac so yep ,bt only ...

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 19, 2021
st

But a question:
HOW are you connecting?
Is it via bluetooth?

steermouse seems to be on the same website as cursor sense

gonbry

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
This may sound crazy (and basic), I had the same problem yesterday so I reinstalled logitech options, after which the mouse movement felt way better (Side note, I always use the logitech receiver, bluetooth is always flaky). Also, try logitech options instead of options+, to see if it works any better.

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 19, 2021
This may sound crazy (and basic), I had the same problem yesterday so I reinstalled logitech options, after which the mouse movement felt way better (Side note, I always use the logitech receiver, bluetooth is always flaky). Also, try logitech options instead of options+, to see if it works any better.
This sounds crazy and I'm not gonna try such a dumbass option

Nah jk,i think i will...is there no way for me to keep my preferences tho? It's badly made and i have different gestures for several apps...

Btw have u ever used logioptions + ?

Ah ye I'm using it over bt,but perhaps should I try buying the 10ā‚¬ receiver on Amazon,wat do u say ?

DSL Steve

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2005
Ah ye I'm using it over bt,but perhaps should I try buying the 10ā‚¬ receiver on Amazon,wat do u say ?
The Logitech MX Master 3 comes with a Logitech USB Unifying Receiver. No need to buy one unless you've lost it.

Last edited:

gonbry

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
This sounds crazy and I'm not gonna try such a dumbass option

Nah jk,i think i will...is there no way for me to keep my preferences tho? It's badly made and i have different gestures for several apps...

Btw have u ever used logioptions + ?

I use Logitech Options+ on my work laptop with a MX Master 3, in addition to the USB receiver. And it seems to work fine. Prior, I was using Options (no plus) with an MX Master 2. The regular options does allow you to back-up your settings. I'm guessing, since Option+ is still in beta, it doesn't have that feature. So I understand re-installing can be a pain.

The Logitech MX Master 3 comes with a Logitech USB Unifying Receiver. No need to buy one unless you've lost it.
There is a version of the Logitech MX Master 3 that do not come with the USB Unifying Receiver. For example, the "for mac version" is the same mouse without the receiver, and costs the same as the version with the receiver. It's the silliest thing, I hope it's not Logitech testing out selling their mice without the receiver.

Fozzybadfeet

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2009
I ended up going with the non-mac MX master 3 and connecting to my M1 Mac Mini via unifying receiver. So far, so good.

Only experienced a minor issue were the scrolling function won't work after awaking from sleep.

Reactions: JohnnyMoe

antnard1

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2009
I had the scrolling issue too. I think it's because the current Logi Options doesn't natively support M1 yet. If you go into Activity Monitor and kill the Logi Options Daemon and relaunch Logi Options to restart it (you can then close Options again) your scrolling functionality should be restored... until next time.

Fozzybadfeet

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2009
I had the scrolling issue too. I think it's because the current Logi Options doesn't natively support M1 yet. If you go into Activity Monitor and kill the Logi Options Daemon and relaunch Logi Options to restart it (you can then close Options again) your scrolling functionality should be restored... until next time.
Thanks for the advice! I will try this when I experience the issue again.

kvlq

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2015
Did you find a way to "fix" it?
I have the same problem with a MX Master 3 and a MBP 16" M1 Pro.
The main issue for me is the lack of precision..or how should i call it. It's laggy and i hardly get fast where i want (for eg. to get on the close window button). What's strange is that a 10$ WIRED mouse (so 90$ less) doesnt have this issue. Basically i didnt encounter this issue with any WIRED mouse.

PS: It's connect via BT. I have the dongle but i do not want to use it as it needs also an adaptor and this is NOT a solution for me!
Tried both logioptions+ beta and logioptions.

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 19, 2021
Did you find a way to "fix" it?
I have the same problem with a MX Master 3 and a MBP 16" M1 Pro.
The main issue for me is the lack of precision..or how should i call it. It's laggy and i hardly get fast where i want (for eg. to get on the close window button). What's strange is that a 10$ WIRED mouse (so 90$ less) doesnt have this issue. Basically i didnt encounter this issue with any WIRED mouse.

PS: It's connect via BT. I have the dongle but i do not want to use it as it needs also an adaptor and this is NOT a solution for me!
Tried both logioptions+ beta and logioptions.
well for me buying the freaking dongle kinda fixed it tbh..its not perfect bcz polling rate and sensor intrinsically suck,but other than that its already much better

kvlq

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2015
Then i think ill switch to the magic mouse..
I dont want to believe that i spent 100$ on it and now i have to use it with that dongle connected to an adapter to get it working properly. No, no way. anyway, thx for the info.

Aggedor

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2020
Does Logitech G-Hub work for that mouse, or is that for their gaming series only? I've always used Logitech gaming mice - G502 until the other week, when I switched to a G604. I've found them to be excellent and comfortable for precision non-gaming work (which is me, 99% of the time).

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
0089294:
"well for me buying the freaking dongle kinda fixed it tbh..its not perfect bcz polling rate and sensor intrinsically suck,but other than that its already much better"

As I suggested earlier in this thread...
Have you tried "SteerMouse" or "USB Overdrive" yet?

If not, I strongly suggest that you try one or BOTH of them.

I'm using SteerMouse these days...

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 19, 2021
0089294:
"well for me buying the freaking dongle kinda fixed it tbh..its not perfect bcz polling rate and sensor intrinsically suck,but other than that its already much better"

As I suggested earlier in this thread...
Have you tried "SteerMouse" or "USB Overdrive" yet?

If not, I strongly suggest that you try one or BOTH of them.

I'm using SteerMouse these days...
I didn't .I figure I don't like you much, that's probably why

actually no I haven't but look...how will it work if I have several conflicting parameters ? like there is macOS settings+logi options plus + steermouse ...do u think it's fine ?

I'll try it tho ! thanks for reminder

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 19, 2021
Then i think ill switch to the magic mouse..
I dont want to believe that i spent 100$ on it and now i have to use it with that dongle connected to an adapter to get it working properly. No, no way. anyway, thx for the info.
lol,you'll find out the magic mouse does suck even more (from what I've tried )

Reactions: nebojsak

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 19, 2021
Does Logitech G-Hub work for that mouse, or is that for their gaming series only? I've always used Logitech gaming mice - G502 until the other week, when I switched to a G604. I've found them to be excellent and comfortable for precision non-gaming work (which is me, 99% of the time).
dunno

these have much better sensors than the MX master series btw

Aggedor

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2020
dunno

these have much better sensors than the MX master series btw
Ditch the MX Master. I love my G604 - I only swapped from the G502 because I wanted a mouse that can swap between two systems (bluetooth and USB receiver). The G-Hub software is great.

And yeah, Apple's Magic Mouse is just plain bad - ignoring the form factor, the sensitivity and precision is complete trash.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.