Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lucas Curious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2020
The 8K DPI option is only available for the MX Master 3S with Logi Options+ App.

View attachment 2013075
ok just got the MX mechanical tactile keyboard and the 3s. yes I do see that the pointer easily moves across the screen but I had to set it to 6000 because it was too fast. the scroll wheel is about the same and the clicking is not quite as soft as the new Logitech vertical LIFT. the LIFT is slightly softer.

I guess my curiosity is whether the pointed moving at 8,000 is too fast and you cant do accurate clicks faster, or is htis somehting one gets used to?

enricoclaudio

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2017
ok just got the MX mechanical tactile keyboard and the 3s. yes I do see that the pointer easily moves across the screen but I had to set it to 6000 because it was too fast. the scroll wheel is about the same and the clicking is not quite as soft as the new Logitech vertical LIFT. the LIFT is slightly softer.

I guess my curiosity is whether the pointed moving at 8,000 is too fast and you cant do accurate clicks faster, or is htis somehting one gets used to?
I guess you can get used to it but more than 2500 is just too much for me. I found that 2000 DPI is the sweet spot to navigate between my pair of ASDs.

127C6916-F4DA-408B-851F-B3BD5BFE06BA.jpeg

Lucas Curious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2020
I guess you can get used to it but more than 2500 is just too much for me. I found that 2000 DPI is the sweet spot to navigate between my pair of ASDs.

View attachment 2013164
so you could have happily lived with the MX Master 3 since you don't even go over 4000 dpi and the only worthy upgrade for you were the soft clicks. other than those 2 features, 3 and 3s are identical. I find that 6000 dpi is the sweet speed for one ASD and then I click the wheel to switch to a slower speed when editing text. was messing around wiht it today.

vitorsubs

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2022
Hey everyone, thanks for all the suggestions. I have recently switched to Mac from Windows and using a mouse has been driving me crazy. I was finally able to adopt the "smooth scroll" using Mos, but the pointer behavior is still horrible for me. It never behaves the way I expect, and idk if it is the acceleration or something else is wrong. I come from windows using linear gaming mouse, so that could be the issue.

Just sharing my experience so far, but I have tried several tools: LinearMouse, Mac Mouse Fix, Smooze, UnnaturalScrollWheel. Some of them work somewhat decently depending on the settings, but basically none of them work properly side by side with Logitech Options+

vitorsubs

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2022
Try removing Logitech Options+ and test SteerMouse (free trial). Works well for me with the MX Master 3.

Interesting. Thank you!

SteerMouse conflicts with MOS, but it seems to cover most of its features. I will try to use it instead of MOS. And in case I need even more settings options, I can use CursorSense from the same developer.

Does anyone have any experience with Smooze? How does it compare with SteerMouse+CursorSense?

Segev

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2017
I do and it's marvelous!! But, I'm not objective..
Try it out, there's a free 7 days trial.

blackquartz

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2009
I used the MX master for Mac and it was some kind of nightmare, I really wanted to move away from the Magic Mouse and read good reviews about the MX but I honestly concluded I had to have a defective product since it felt so sluggish and unprecise. Used SteerMouse and calibrated the acceleration and sensibility by a bit and it changed to a whole other, it feels usable now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.