Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jens_g

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2024
THAT DID IT!

I used Rufus to make a FreeDOS USB, put a Radeon 7000 in the PCI slot, set the graphics to PCI in the BIOS of my old Athlon 64 based HP Pavilion, and used ATIFlash 3.89 to flash the ROM from MacRumors to the card. I actually didn't need HDPMI32.EXE since the versions of ATIFlash prior to 4.xx work without it.

Getting to the boot screen takes a bit longer now, but everything works perfectly and the card scores 16,040 in OpenMark. It was a long road, but I couldn't be happier with the result. Thank you to everyone for their help and suggestions!
THAT DID IT!

I used Rufus to make a FreeDOS USB, put a Radeon 7000 in the PCI slot, set the graphics to PCI in the BIOS of my old Athlon 64 based HP Pavilion, and used ATIFlash 3.89 to flash the ROM from MacRumors to the card. I actually didn't need HDPMI32.EXE since the versions of ATIFlash prior to 4.xx work without it.

Getting to the boot screen takes a bit longer now, but everything works perfectly and the card scores 16,040 in OpenMark. It was a long road, but I couldn't be happier with the result. Thank you to everyone for their help and suggestions! :)

THAT DID IT!

Getting to the boot screen takes a bit longer now, but everything works perfectly and the card scores 16,040 in OpenMark. It was a long road, but I couldn't be happier with the result. Thank you to everyone for their help and suggestions! :)

jens_g

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2024
THAT DID IT!

Hi, I want to give it a try with the same setup you have used, i.e. an old Athlon 64 system and ATI 7000 PCI GPU. What is the correct flashing command then? Will it be “atiflash -f -p 0 X1950MAC.ROM“? Thanks a lot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.