Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CaTOAGU

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2008
Manchester, UK
Although I have seen updates from some developers (Rightmove for one) with bug fixes for their app running on iOS 10, I think officially they're not allowed to submit an update which accesses any new APIs or features until a week or two before public release. Netflix might be playing it safe with their developer agreement. BBC app on the other hand still crashes. You'd think Apple would encourage developers to get their apps ready well before the public release of iOS 10.

Edit: seems BBC app doesn't crash anymore since the update today.

Picture in Picture works on it too since today. So unless Netflix are doing it differently it's not access to API's that's holding them back.

Reactions: magicMac

FurbyUK

Suspended
Jul 9, 2016
Up North
It's probably just a beta thing and once the code is finalised in GM, it'll be fine. In every beta there's a few apps that break in beta, but once GM comes out, they work fine with no update to an app.

TurboPGT!

Suspended
Sep 25, 2015
Ok folks, Netflix has less than 24 hours to release an update to enable PiP on iOS 10 before they allow existing functionality to lapse.

Let's go Netflix. I'm having a hard time remembering what it is I'm paying for.

Peepo

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2009
Ya they better provide PiP soon or there will be a class action suit against them LOL.

What I care more about the. PiP is the stupid forced landscape view on my iPad!!!

Reactions: clunkmess

FurbyUK

Suspended
Jul 9, 2016
Up North
After iOS 10 has been released, you'll then start seeing apps that have iOS 10 related updates come out. Usually about 6-10 hours after iOS 10 hits phones, providing Netflix got an update in. You're gonna have to wait.

StonewallBrown

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2013
Yes finally working!! Too late for Narcos Season 2 though, already binged it haha....
Ha. Even if I hadn't watched it, I don't think it'd work for me in PiP. I'm not fluent enough in Spanish, to get away without readying the subtitles. I'd think they would be too small for PiP.

FurbyUK

Suspended
Jul 9, 2016
Up North
It works!!! LOL@ Netflix. Cut it any closer could ya?

You realise that Netflix obviously submitted the update a couple weeks ago, once developers could submit app updates for iOS 10, awaiting for apple to then allow the iOS 10 app updates to be released in the last couple hours.... there's no cutting it close, it was all awaiting Apple to allow iOS 10 app updates to be released...

Geekbabe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2011
My Netflix PIP works again Anytime a new version of iOS is released I expect some delays for apps to be updated, no biggie. If I need a key feature I just wait to upgrade iOS till I know the app has been upgraded too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.