Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BaghdadBob

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2003
Gorgeous, WA
LoopRumors is totally on the spot on this one. Everyone knows that Apple actually thinks holy metal is the design of the future, and that's why they're putting it on their monitors.

Chef Ramen

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2002
LMAO!!

We've received more information on the adjustable displays coming from Apple. Unlike the iMac display its only adjustable in height and angle. But it moves in a different manner. It comes very close to the G5 design but I can imagine it looks incredible beside a powerbook. Here's what we got...The display itself is much lighter than the old ones and the bezel is much thinner. looks way cooler. We received no info on the resolution and technical stuff, but the file name says cinema 23" but maybe higher resolution. **** said they had 20" and a much bigger one but they all look the same just different sizes. They have 4 ports on the back, 2 firewire and 2 USB ports. I dont know if USB 2.0 but no fw 800 for sure (shape of the port) **** is a dork man, he works with top secret stuff and does not even look at the details...

i jumped the gun on arn's thread with these but quickly realized their photoshopness. lol :D

BJNY

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2002
New York City
The exact same info was posted on July 11th in the comments of the OEM Pipeline Report at MacWhispers. Those mockups are hideous.

jbomber

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2003
Brooklyn - NYC
Originally posted by BJNY
The exact same info was posted on July 11th in the comments of the OEM Pipeline Report at MacWhispers. Those mockups are hideous.

Seriously, but the G5's no beauty queen either. I guess that's why people are believing it...

astray

macrumors member
May 9, 2003
uk
Ok guys, i feel that these are fake and a waste of time. But having said that i have way to much free time at the moment so im gonna produce my own fake, looking the same but without the lcd screen part and to my own aspect ratio, ill keep ya posted.

astray

macrumors member
May 9, 2003
uk
I think i must have angered the gods when i said i had free time, since within minutes of starting i had to go out and do some stuff which took 1.5 hours. Anywho i have just started again and heres progress so far.

edit: updated the image, but i got boredand so it's a little sloppy and unfinished, but its proof of process, a little skewing and cloning and you can get good results.

Attachments

• d.jpg
    d.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 2,374

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Nice example - very nice indeed...;)

Definitely puts the matter to rest for me, even though I pretty much knew it was a mock up in the first place.

But your work shows that it wasn't even 3D just some photoshop.

D

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
What exactly does "adjustable" mean. More so than the iMac? Horizontal to vertical mode? Someone help explain.

astray

macrumors member
May 9, 2003
uk
Nobody knows the exact mechanism, but basically it should be more movable like the imac display.

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
What a load of CRAP! Who does he expect to believe this? Is the ADC connector going to carry power and signal for all those ports? Is Apple going to put a new connector and make all the old screens obselete in new Macs? How dumb are those people...

macnews

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2003
Idaho
Originally posted by Wes
What a load of CRAP! Who does he expect to believe this? Is the ADC connector going to carry power and signal for all those ports? Is Apple going to put a new connector and make all the old screens obselete in new Macs? How dumb are those people...

Would be just like Apple to change the connector. I have a 17" and 20" flat panel and the ADC does not fit my 500Mhz G4 with something that looks like an ADC connector spot. They do fit nicely with my Quicksilver and MDD G4's but now I am stuck with a CRT on the older model or buying some special connector. I like the "all" in one type of connector with ADC but do they have to keep changing the plug?

innervision

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2003
californ-i-a
LoopRumors doesn't hold much weight in my opinion... I mean, seriously, grabbing an image that's been around for a week, slapping your logo on it and posting it as info from a source doesn't make you a rumors site. am i wrong?? :confused:

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Originally posted by macnews
Would be just like Apple to change the connector. I have a 17" and 20" flat panel and the ADC does not fit my 500Mhz G4 with something that looks like an ADC connector spot. They do fit nicely with my Quicksilver and MDD G4's but now I am stuck with a CRT on the older model or buying some special connector. I like the "all" in one type of connector with ADC but do they have to keep changing the plug?

You're kidding right?

You should have a DVI port? What kind of video card do you have? You're right, they don't all have ADC. ADC is a connector based on DVI that also carries USB and power. You do have to buy a connector, but they aren't THAT expensive. It would fit just fine with that.

I'm sorry, but when you bought the monitors, didn't you know that? If you didn't, I am sorry, but it does specifically mention this on the specs. You could have just bought a Formac, or other type of monitor, with a DVI port. But if you buy a current Apple display, you have to either have ADC or a DVI to ADC connector.

Don't mean to be rude, but what are you complaining about?

viggen61

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2002
New Jersey
Originally posted by macnews

What you need is this: Apple DVI to ADC Display Adapter

DVI doesn't carry the power to run the ADC monitors.

As an alternative, there are a couple video card upgrades that will give you an ADC port.

chubakka

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Huh?

I don't think looprumors was saying that this is what it'll look like...
they just throw up concept images with the description. So you can get an idea of what it MIGHT look like.

Nowhere does it say.... SPY images or anything.

noverflow

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2002
Originally posted by viggen61
As an alternative, there are a couple video card upgrades that will give you an ADC port.

Really, how do they get power from the motherboard?

What are these video cards you speak of that will give adc to a computer with an AGP slot and no AGP power connector?

Thats awesome, i always thought it was possible, just connect it to the drive power connector... but the AGP power port is 28V

innervision

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2003
californ-i-a
Re: Huh?

Originally posted by chubakka
I don't think looprumors was saying that this is what it'll look like...
they just throw up concept images with the description. So you can get an idea of what it MIGHT look like.

Nowhere does it say.... SPY images or anything.

true, but they were presenting it as if it were original and/or exclusive material, ie - putting their logo on the display.

PS: they have just recently added a addendum to the 'rumor' saying: "NOTE: These images have been floating around the web since the weekend, and are widely believed to be Photoshopped, however, fun to look at nonetheless."

_"

etoiles

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2002
Where the air is crisp
Samsung has some intersting designs, now just imagine the stand was shaped more like the G5 handles and open in the front center (for the keyboard).

I think it could work

;)

Attachments

• 211mp-silver_lg[1].jpg
    211mp-silver_lg[1].jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,699
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.