Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mcflip78

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2010
Yes, I'm on my 3rd one (gave my black one to a friend and kept my gray one) and this new black model has a much better texture than the earlier editions. The surface feels like very fine sandpaper with slightly more resilience than the others.... a definite improvement.

I have the sheath for the 7 plus and thought it was a little slippery? How is the texture and grip on the new version compared to the previous one?

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
I have the sheath for the 7 plus and thought it was a little slippery? How is the texture and grip on the new version compared to the previous one?

I have reviewed both versions of the Sheath (current version here: http://www.techmusings.me/techmusings/review-caudabe-the-sheath-for-iphone-7) and can say that the current version is much improved in the grip area. Although I can also say that the difference in grip between old version of the Sheath case and the new one is less than the difference of the older version of the Veil XT vs the newer Veil XT.

Reactions: Chrisxenofontos

Mcflip78

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2010
I have reviewed both versions of the Sheath (current version here: http://www.techmusings.me/techmusings/review-caudabe-the-sheath-for-iphone-7) and can say that the current version is much improved in the grip area. Although I can also say that the difference in grip between old version of the Sheath case and the new one is less than the difference of the older version of the Veil XT vs the newer Veil XT.

Did they recently change the texture of the case? I got the iPhone 7 plus case back in October and find it a bit slippery.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Did they recently change the texture of the case? I got the iPhone 7 plus case back in October and find it a bit slippery.

I'm not sure if it's recent, but I can not imagine anyone saying the new version of the Sheath slippery.

AeroZ

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2013
Estonia

Did they update the 6s case aswell or nothing's changed since the initial release?

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Did they update the 6s case aswell or nothing's changed since the initial release?

Just received confirmation from Caudable that the new material is only for the iPhone 7 series. The 6/s cases havd not been changed from the original version.

HTH.

SR Steve

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
Just received confirmation from Caudable that the new material is only for the iPhone 7 series. The 6/s cases havd not been changed from the original version.

HTH.
The material may indeed be the same but the finish is definitely different on the 6s models. I've given both of my earlier cases away because the feel of the current iteration is that much better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.