Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacCheetah3

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Central MN
I remember back in 2007 getting one of those matte black macbooks that came with OSX snow leoapard. Old tech by todays standards but man, it just seemed so magical to me back then because it was that much better than the competition. I loved the design and it served me near flawlessly for 10 years.
I quick snapped a few photos for your nostalgic pleasure.

MBP16M1_vs_BlackBook_front.jpg MBP16M1_vs_BlackBook_top_back.jpg MBP16M1_vs_BlackBook_side.jpg

I like both. In fact, I also still like the PBG3 “Lombard”/“Pismo" form with its even more curved edges.

P.S. The flat GUI design is nice, however, I do miss some elements in skeuomorphism, such as the Dock.

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
I am extremely happy with the current design of the MacBook Pro. The only two things that would make it perfect is eliminating the notch and the black keyboard deck. Other than that, they nailed it.

jlc1978

macrumors 603
Aug 14, 2009
Asking for a redesigned MacBook is like asking for a redeveloped Porsche 911. Some things you just do not need to mess with.

Yea, they stopped making real 911's when they dropped the air-cooled engine.

I am extremely happy with the current design of the MacBook Pro. The only two things that would make it perfect is eliminating the notch and the black keyboard deck. Other than that, they nailed it.

Apple's design which allows the OS to use the space around the notch for the menubar is, IMHO, a good design. With a black stripe on the desktop picture you don't see the notch, and Apple has increased the effective screen size slightly as a result of the design.

bryo

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2021
I don’t think the notch is a big deal in use, but I do hope they ditch it at some point.

I like the rounded corners on the top though, it reminds me very much of osx tiger and classic Macintosh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.