Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
That is a bummer. They always had them before since they started the program. Also - all the watches and band choices are not available either.

Reactions: travis64

UMJD2002

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2011
Chicago, IL
I noticed this as well. Tried to order pro max on military site and it wouldn’t let me choose my carrier. Then I noticed no savings anyway so I just ordered through the Apple app. Disappointing.

Reactions: mmomega

mmomega

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
I noticed this as well. Tried to order pro max on military site and it wouldn’t let me choose my carrier. Then I noticed no savings anyway so I just ordered through the Apple app. Disappointing.
Same.
And last night when I tried to order iPhone cases for my wife and myself it only let me purchase 1 single case out of 4 total.
Kept saying you are over quantity on an item in your bag.

Wife ordered from her non-military account, no discount but was able to order 3 of the 4, I got 1 to go through. Even individually after I ordered 1 case it would not let me order a second.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
Sure they have. Military discount has always had a discount on iPhones, until now. Bet it will be discounted again in a couple weeks.

They don't discount the brand new phones. After a while I'm sure the discount will show back up. Just like when there used to be Discover Deals that you clicked through Discover's site to shop at apple (and other stores) for an additional 5% cash back for that purchase..... new phones were ALWAYS excluded.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
Doesn’t make sense. They discounted the Mac mini (-6.4% on 16/11/18) & MacBook Pro (-6%) when I bought them last year...

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Has anyone actually tried calling Apple directly and see if they can apply the discount manually? That probably be a start, because there was something in the past that someone had a similar situation, and they called Apple, Apple actually had to override the phone transaction to apply the discount.

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
I typically use the EPP site but I never knew they have a military site. Whats the link?

edit: n/m found it, for anyone else that needs: https://www.apple.com/shop/browse/home/veterans_military

You might add that the first time you visit the site, you have to prove your veteran or active duty military status. One question they ask is if you're a member of USAA. If you are, you'll be approved immediately by giving your membership number.

rhaezorblue

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2012
Looking at the Apple Watch Series 5 with cellular.. normally $529, but the 10% discount brings it down to $476. Not bad at all.

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2014
They also don’t let you use the new Create-a-Style studio for Series 5 Apple Watch. You’re stuck with the default band if you use the military discount. If you order without the discount, you get to choose the band the comes with your watch.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
Ya Apple doesn’t offer discounts on pre order and new release iPhones. Wait a couple weeks and it randomly will adjust to the 10% deal. That’s what I’m waiting for.
Tim Cook is very respectful of military personnel and First Responders.so I’m certain a discount will be offered once the phone hits the stores

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.