Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
Any luck getting the discount on orders already placed?

I was wondering about that, too and how that would work if you are paying AT$T monthly for the phone? Might be worth a call but not sure I want to make that call till AFTER the phone is delivered cuz I'd hate to mess up my delivery!

dms_91

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2016
I was wondering about that, too and how that would work if you are paying AT$T monthly for the phone? Might be worth a call but not sure I want to make that call till AFTER the phone is delivered cuz I'd hate to mess up my delivery!
You only get the 10% discount buying iPhones outright unlocked

archer75

macrumors 68040
Jan 26, 2005
Oregon
I can get a discount on apple products through my company. However the new iphones are not discounted at all.
I can get a huge $9 discount on a new watch though.

HansSolo1911

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2015
I called Apple, they said I would have to CXL my order and reorder. She also said I could go to the store Friday and return it and buy it again, so I will do that.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
I called Apple, they said I would have to CXL my order and reorder. She also said I could go to the store Friday and return it and buy it again, so I will do that.

Seems like they'd have a better way to do it in place. I know in the past cancellations/returns took a while to reprocess back through the carrier. Other stores that offer price adjustments just do the adjustment :(

here's what's on apple's site regarding price adjustments... doesn't sound like they should be doing return/rebuy.... but I guess I'll check once I have the phone in hand:

Should Apple reduce its price on any Apple-branded product within 14 calendar days from the date you receive your product, feel free to visit an Apple Retail Store or contact the Apple Contact Center at 1-800-676-2775 to request a refund or credit of the difference between the price you were charged and the current selling price. To receive the refund or credit you must contact Apple within 14 calendar days of the price change. Please note that this excludes limited-time price reductions, such as those that occur during special sales events, such as Black Friday or Cyber Monday.
[doublepost=1568650151][/doublepost]
You only get the 10% discount buying iPhones outright unlocked

Ahhhh OK... I didn't even check into the site to check that (that it is only outright unlocked)....

Last edited:
Reactions: HansSolo1911

HansSolo1911

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2015
Seems like they'd have a better way to do it in place. I know in the past cancellations/returns took a while to reprocess back through the carrier. Other stores that offer price adjustments just do the adjustment :(

here's what's on apple's site regarding price adjustments... doesn't sound like they should be doing return/rebuy.... but I guess I'll check once I have the phone in hand:

Should Apple reduce its price on any Apple-branded product within 14 calendar days from the date you receive your product, feel free to visit an Apple Retail Store or contact the Apple Contact Center at 1-800-676-2775 to request a refund or credit of the difference between the price you were charged and the current selling price. To receive the refund or credit you must contact Apple within 14 calendar days of the price change. Please note that this excludes limited-time price reductions, such as those that occur during special sales events, such as Black Friday or Cyber Monday.
[doublepost=1568650151][/doublepost]

Ahhhh OK... I didn't even to into the site to check that....
https://www.apple.com/shop/browse/home/veterans_military

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
I pre-ordered the first day of sales and couldn't get the discount either.... Discount is now live so cancelled my original order.

Thank you Apple for the $200 off an Iphone 11 Pro Max 256gig w/ applecare! Appreciate it greatly and ship date didn't really even slide that much!

I did AT$T next payments. So the store is showing full price for that.

However I WILL call apple and get the $20 difference back on apple care that is $179 in mil/vet store vs the $199 I paid. There should be absolutely NO question on that price adjustment refund.

rhaezorblue

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2012
Do you have to pay in full (buy the Unlocked phone) to get the military discount? Or can you do iPhone Payment Plan? For example when I am on the "Choose your Capacity" page, the iPhone 11 Pro 256GB shows "from $1034" - then down below it says "Unlocked and SIM-free" is $1034, but if I pick any of the Carriers, it jumps back up to $1149.

Last edited:

jenjen80

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2016
Columbus, OH

Unless things have changed in the last few months, they don’t do military discount in the store. I tried calling to get the $70 difference on my 11 refunded and was rather rudely told no. At first the rep told me that the new phones didn’t qualify, and she acted very put out when I told her I was logged in looking at the $629 price.

djgcue

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2008
Well, so much for my launch day phone. However, I'm definitely appreciative for my military discount.

dms_91

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2016
Well, so much for my launch day phone. However, I'm definitely appreciative for my military discount.
Which phone did you purchase? I’m debating as I have a 256gb XS Max that I got for a good deal and wondering if I should sell it and just get the 11 Pro in Space Gray. Or wait til next year.

AggieWSO

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2010

I tried this morning to do this, and it did not work. They told me I have a 14 day return period, so I can attempt to acquire ANOTHER phone and return the one from this morning. It is frustrating that they do not have a better system for this in place.

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
That is really frustrating. They should just credit the difference and then you get to keep your phone.

I wonder when Apple will have more of the watches like the Titanium under the military discount program. Weird Hermes is but not the Apple Edition watches...

Reactions: AggieWSO

jenjen80

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2016
Columbus, OH
I ended up reordering the same thing with the military pricing and when I went to pick it up this morning I returned the one I got yesterday. $75 is $75 ?‍♀️

GetSwole37

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Thanks but I’m not interested in credit card, I don’t like debts.

think outside the box. You use the credit card. Get 3% discount. Then pay the full bill when it comes in. Some people can’t handle them though, so I see your point.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
Thanks but I prefer to pay everything upfront. I don’t mind waiting to get the money than buying at credit. I moved to another country in November 2017. I waited August 2018 to buy speakers & MacBook Pro, then October 2018 to buy Mac mini & TV.

It’s cultural also, in Europe few people lives at credit like in the US.

jarman92

macrumors 68000
Nov 13, 2014
They don't discount the brand new phones. After a while I'm sure the discount will show back up. Just like when there used to be Discover Deals that you clicked through Discover's site to shop at apple (and other stores) for an additional 5% cash back for that purchase..... new phones were ALWAYS excluded.

This is 100% accurate. I used to work at the Store and even we didn't get our discount on the brand new devices. It always took a few months for iPhones and weeks for everything else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.