Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
After Best Buy cancelled my order for no reason, I went to the AT&T Store and pre-ordered from them.

Called Best Buy to scream at them for automatically cancelling (unable to verify information BS error) and they're sending me a $75 gift card. Time to finally buy the Apple Pencil.

Ordered a Space Gray 256GB AT&T LTE.

badmojo69

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2014
I was authorized last night and am in preparing to ship. Funny enough, I canceled my pre order of the i5 2017 Surface Pro after seeing ios 11. We’ll see how it goes with just a 10.5 iPad as my only computer, since I sold my MBP 2016.

Although, I’m still second guessing my purchase, the 8-10 hour battery life, fanless i5, LTE and windows bringing their swipe keyboard to Windows 10 is alluring.

Can I ask why? One is a full computer the other is a mobile OS. IMOP if you wanted a Surface then the Ipad will not make you happy. I'm speaking from experience. I have a SP4 that's two months old and I'm getting a IPad, because I use my Surface as more of a tablet and not a laptop.

Reactions: sracer

Mathias Denichi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
Can I ask why? One is a full computer the other is a mobile OS. IMOP if you wanted a Surface then the Ipad will not make you happy. I'm speaking from experience. I have a SP4 that's two months old and I'm getting a IPad, because I use my Surface as more of a tablet and not a laptop.
Right now either is a trade off for me. There are many iPad apps that I use in some of my workflows, that can’t be found on windows 10, and iMessage. But there are things like Full photoshop, web inspector and certain steam games I can play on the SP2017.

In reality, I highly doubt I’ll play many games on my Surface Pro, since I have a gaming rig, but it’s the convenience of being able to if I travel. With affinity photo, graphic and luma fusion, I can do most any of my design work on my iPad. So then it comes to screen size. I’m awaiting my 10.5, but if that doesn’t work out, I would prefer the 12.3 Surface Pro size. The 12.9 iPad Pro is too big for me to use as a tablet either.

It’s my eternal quest to find a tablet that can be my full mobile replacement

Last edited:

MacGurl111

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2010
California
Just got an email saying that it will ship on the 12th or 13th! That's a lot sooner than I thought! Originally, it said 15th!

Thank you for your 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi 64GB - Rose Gold purchase. The most current delivery information is shown below.

Expected delivery date:
Monday, June 12, 2017 - Tuesday, June 13, 2017

We know you’re excited to receive your new 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi 64GB - Rose Gold and we’ll email you as soon it ships.

Reactions: Jetcat3

Adam-Jobs

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2011
64GB 10.5" (UK) also due for pick up on the 13th. I ordered it on the 6th of June. Mines been preparing for dispatch since yesterday. Looks like there is more availability of the 64GB based on people saying their 256GB dates is moving forward!

ramit

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2015
64GB 10.5" (UK) also due for pick up on the 13th. I ordered it on the 6th of June. Mines been preparing for dispatch since yesterday. Looks like there is more availability of the 64GB based on people saying their 256GB dates is moving forward!
Is that pickup institute? Couldn't see that option on website yet?

OneZweiThree

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2013
Bavaria
To many it's the best bang for the buck. 4x the storage from 64gb to 256gb for a relatively small extra cost. Even if all the storage isn't needed right now, it's good to have for the future.
Also resale value. and from past experiences, you tend to find way more potential buyers for higher storage options.

Reactions: Sparky2012

Cancelled
Feb 18, 2009
Two 10.5" 64GB (me & Mrs) ordered yesterday. Originally slated for delivery next Friday. Today they were pushed up to Tuesday. The transaction hits the CC (Apple Pay) and is declined (paranoid bank) so I think we have some more days added on, depending on the frequency of payment retries. I called Apple after clearing this up w/ the bank, but they were not able to manually retry -- presumably because it was via Apple Pay. Wasn't about to give actual CC # over the phone because I've had the info skimmed or otherwise stolen twice in recent time.

Followup on this: I ultimately had to cancel the order. Apple attempted to authorize via my Apple Pay credentials three times and all of them were declined. After speaking to the bank twice and Apple twice the bottom line is they were blaming each other and neither of them had an explanation.

I did re-place the order, this time using the App Store iOS app and using my stored iTunes payment credentials rather than Apple Pay. The order is stated to deliver on Wednesday the 14th but currently the order is in "Processing Items" status.

On a side note, the 10.5" Smart Covers delivered today. Yay. haha

Attachments

• IMG_0631.JPG
    IMG_0631.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 199

snow755

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
20 x 10.5, 256 GB

1 for my main driver and the other 19 in each room of the house, car and garage. I'll maybe buy one for the shed.

lol i hop that was a joke that would be $15,428.90 and i no your not that crazy too spend that march on a ipad

iF34R

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2011
South Carolina
My smart cover came in today.. also, my pad shows preparing for shipment now, instead of the processing. Ships in 1 business day and delivery is showing the 13th.

Jetcat3

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2015
Hey y'all, quick question. What would be the fastest way to get an iPad Pro 10.5"? Do y'all think I could get a similar delivery date with B&H Photo? Thanks!

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
Mine has been marked shipped, for June 13th delivery. However UPS tracking number is not working yet.
256gb Space Gray

photoj2754

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2013
Akron
Mine has been marked shipped, for June 13th delivery. However UPS tracking number is not working yet.
256gb Space Gray
Same here:10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi 64GB - Space Gray June 13th delivery. Already got my midnight blue cover and will get my Luvvitt silicone back cover a few days later. Rarin' to go and boy will my sister be surprised when give her my 32GB iPad Pro to replace the iPad 3 I gave her several years ago.

mfm77

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2012
NJ
After Best Buy cancelled my order for no reason, I went to the AT&T Store and pre-ordered from them.

Called Best Buy to scream at them for automatically cancelling (unable to verify information BS error) and they're sending me a $75 gift card. Time to finally buy the Apple Pencil.

Ordered a Space Gray 256GB AT&T LTE.

It's funny you say that. I got an email tonight saying that Verizon cancelled my order for no reason. I am chatting with customer service to see what happened, but this is pretty ridiculous if I do say so myself. They damn well better fill this order, or I may be done with them for good.

Reactions: jbachandouris

ipos

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2011
Followup on this: I ultimately had to cancel the order. Apple attempted to authorize via my Apple Pay credentials three times and all of them were declined. After speaking to the bank twice and Apple twice the bottom line is they were blaming each other and neither of them had an explanation.

I did re-place the order, this time using the App Store iOS app and using my stored iTunes payment credentials rather than Apple Pay. The order is stated to deliver on Wednesday the 14th but currently the order is in "Processing Items" status.

On a side note, the 10.5" Smart Covers delivered today. Yay. haha
apple should have continued with the smart case

Reactions: larzy

Dunkrag

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2007
Birmingham, UK
Frankly I cannot understand why Apple is not offering a "back cover".
Because they want you to buy a $130 leather sleeve that cost them $2 to make and then buy a back cover when they decide to put them on sale in about 4 months time.. then 2 months later there will be a product Red version..

It's the same old cynical product drip feeding we have seen over and over again..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.