Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
That mirrors me. I went all out on the 9.7" Pro and the I saw this model and caved. Now I think the 10.5 will be my longevity model. Heh....

OLED screen? Nice. 3D Touch? Sure. I can't really think of anything else they can add that will lure me in.

While I love OLED screens and prefer them I wouldn't upgrade for another few years. I'm actually quite happy with the Samsung galaxy tab s2 I have currently over the S3

Reactions: Traverse

Dingster101

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2015
Ordered a 64Gb space grey as I only use the iPad for casual reading and web browsing! Coming from an iPad 3, I am sure the difference will be night and day! iPad 3 has served me well. RIP sweet tablet.

I'm in this boat too. I have a Macbook Air 13 inch, an iMac and my iPad 3. Looking at the 10.5 in space gray.

Reactions: Adam-Jobs

Doomoo

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2017
Australia
I'm in this boat too. I have a Macbook Air 13 inch, an iMac and my iPad 3. Looking at the 10.5 in space gray.

Haha, looking to update my iPad 3 also. The only thing i'm wondering about is the battery life on the new IPPs compared to my iPad 3. I know they say up to 10 hours but that depends on settings and type of usage so means nothing to me.

My iPad 3 is still on original battery and after 4.11 hours is still at 73% which is great. (Safari and Youtube use mainly).

Reactions: Adam-Jobs

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
That mirrors me. I went all out on the 9.7" Pro and the I saw this model and caved. Now I think the 10.5 will be my longevity model. Heh....

OLED screen? Nice. 3D Touch? Sure. I can't really think of anything else they can add that will lure me in.

I think hardware features are always appreciated. But I think where the iPad really shines more than anything, is through iOS 11. And that's drawing more users to be iPad oriented with expansion of iOS as they did with iOS 11. Drag and drop, files application and notetaking capabilities are primitive for the iPad.

Sparky2012

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2012
United Kingdom

Great minds think alike eh!

They would be nice improvements but not crazy "I must upgrade" features yeah. Can't think of much else they could add either, although I'm sure they'll come up with something. Their marketing team is the best in the business.

gorkt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2007
I am really anticipating IOS11. I will jump on that public beta even if it is buggy. I actually gasped when they did the presentation because they gave me everything I could have asked for, and a few things I didn't (like the swipe up punctuation keyboard- very cool!)..

Reactions: sracer

zombierunner

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2011
UK
I can't say I get it unless it's a really bad seller.

iPad - 9.7" and 7.9" with old fatter form factor and A9 chip

iPad Pro - 10.5" and 12.9" - thinner with A10X

That seems like a logical line to me. Even iPad mini, iPad, and iPad Pro seems logical.

An iPad Mini Pro with a 8.5 inch screen and all the pro hardware .. that would've been so awesome.

Reactions: sracer

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
Just received an email saying my iPad has shipped, but we have a holiday on Monday so I'm not going to receive it early.

Brown Trout

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2011
An iPad Mini Pro with a 8.5 inch screen and all the pro hardware .. that would've been so awesome.

I was thinking that also. In a perfect storm of timing, I left my mini 4 behind on an American Airlines flight on Saturday. Size was great but I agree a bit bigger would be perfect. I was hoping for a mini 5 in the size you mentioned. In any case, I ordered a new 256G pro 10.5 in space gray yesterday. Today AA, which has a new pretty good lost items tracker, told me the mini 4 is at DFW. So I’ll have 2 iPads. I think I’ll give the mini 4 to my college student nephew.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I just ordered mine. Won't get to my house until the 16th.
Does it ship with iOS 11?

Your iPad will ship with the latest version of iOS 10. iOS 11 is in beta currently and will be scheduled to be released in mid-September. But that would be awesome if it did ship with iOS 11.

Reactions: MacGurl111

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Quite the opposite more like. The new features are great but I don't think most people look forward to instability and bugs. :rolleyes:

I didn't mean ship with beta, nor would that be possible. It would be awesome if it shipped with iOS 11 in full completion to have a full experience of all the new iPad features incorporated into iOS 11 and new hardware. It's merely a thought.

ensee

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2005
Ordered the 10.5" iPad Pro (256GB/grey/wifi only) once the orders went up and my delivery (UK) has slipped from Tuesday to Friday now. Anyone else?

Last edited:

janezblond

macrumors regular
May 15, 2013
Ordered the 10.5" wifi iPad Pro once the orders went up and my delivery (UK) has slipped from Tuesday to Friday now. Anyone else?
This has happened to me too! Was quoted delivery on Tuesday, and has now changed to Friday

Same here :(
Ordered within a minute or two of the store reopening, email confirms delivery on the 13th. Last night the date changed to the 16th.

Edit: Also in the UK

Last edited:

CC117

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2013
Same here :(
Ordered within a minute or two of the store reopening, email confirms delivery on the 13th. Last night the date changed to the 16th.

Edit: Also in the UK

What model/colour etc did you guys order?

Mine is still scheduled for 13th June. 10.5", rose gold, 256GB, wifi.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.