Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightglance.com

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2008
Mod Note: Please refrain from quoting images, timg tags for larger images. Not everyone has a large display.

Then its April for me:)

This picture is taken a couple of weeks ago, out playing with my camera.
Lightglance_JH_1745_2008:03.jpg

Canon 1D MKIII w/70-200mm f/2.8L IS// Shutter: 1/1000 // Aperture: f/2.8 // Focal Length: 70mm // ISO 100

valdore

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
Kansas City, Missouri. USA
I'm posting two pics a day lately on my photoblog, so I guess I'll have to be selective on what I pick to post here lest I offend those of genteel sensibility.

img_7896__1__2_tonemapped.jpg

One handheld RAW // HDR // Shutter: 1/100 // Aperture: f/16 // Focal Length: 15 mm // ISO 100

HomeingPigeon

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2007
This thread is a bit early. I know that because I am not 15 yet. I was born on april fools day and that hasnt come yet. I haven't opened my presents yet so that officially means that this thread is early.

BOOSTD

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2007
"Cable Car"

Scanned from film:
35mm Minolta x700 manual focus
Rokkor-x 50mm f1.4 lens
Ilford HP5 plus film (iso 400)

OLD SCHOOL!

Attachments

• Man on cablecar in san francisco (kate - web).jpg
    Man on cablecar in san francisco (kate - web).jpg
    905.9 KB · Views: 173

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Getting ready to get wet..

@ the Upper Clackamas River Whitewater Festival, Oregon.

SCN0126.jpg

Canon EOS A2
Canon 100-300
Fuji 800 color negative

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
@ the Upper Clackamas River Whitewater Festival, Oregon.

SCN0126.jpg

Canon EOS A2
Canon 100-300
Fuji 800 color negative

I really like this one for two reasons. I looked at it just after it was posted so that said, I was still sleepy and it reminded me of a police academy movie type of scene, which gave me a big smile, thanks :D More so some friends tried this once and the photos from their ride were nothing but terror plastered on their faces but the pics were bad.
Your pic has great color and you got them at a perfect time! I wonder though…is the lady laughing or starting to cry?

Edge100

macrumors 68000
May 14, 2002
Where am I???
Taken last fall while walking around Nathan Phillips Square in Toronto.

Canon EOS 10D
Canon EF 35-70 3.5-4.5 @ F/4.5
70mm, 1/45s, ISO 200
PP and B&W conversion in LR

Even A Little Litter's A Lot
273384556_p4HVz-M.jpg

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Great shot... The guy up front seems fully aware of the next rapids; they must be pretty big. The guy in the middle has just realised. The girl at the back seems utterly oblivious to the dangers that lie ahead and appears to be singing...

Cheers, mate! BTW, that dog/sheep image - I'm calling you on that one! :D Any dog in his right mind wouldn't leap a ewe like that, but I can't speak for the farmer... but, I've often wondered why sheep farmers seem so happy...? ;)

I really like this one for two reasons. I looked at it just after it was posted so that said, I was still sleepy and it reminded me of a police academy movie type of scene, which gave me a big smile, thanks :D More so some friends tried this once and the photos from their ride were nothing but terror plastered on their faces but the pics were bad.
Your pic has great color and you got them at a perfect time! I wonder though…is the lady laughing or starting to cry?

Thanks guys. Well, I think you both got it wrong about the lady in the rear...not singing, laughing or crying. Laughing might be a closer emotion, as I would say she's screaming in a mixture of fear and delightful excitement. Yup, it was a big, big hole directly in front of them. Everyone definitely was having a good time there, and I shot 5 rolls of film during the day (36 exp.) so you may see a few more in the days ahead.

SODO Seattle

2369839113_f8635c2a66_o.jpg

I just love this shot. Such a great mood and light. Yup, that's Seattle!

I find myself drawn to photos like this one, showing less-than-beautiful subjects in a compositionally gorgeous way. I like the way you "paint" the world - you have a signature, painterly style, sort of a Norman Rockwell of urban landscape photography.

Shinny

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2008
First time to New York. First time with a dslr too. Let me know what you think of this picture. Didn't realize the lense was kind of dirty till now.

DSC_0200_2.jpg

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
BTW, that dog/sheep image - I'm calling you on that one! :D Any dog in his right mind wouldn't leap a ewe like that, but I can't speak for the farmer... but, I've often wondered why sheep farmers seem so happy...? ;)

That's no dog... that's a fox. They enjoy playing 'leapfrog' with sheep, but only on April 1st... :)

KameraGoddis

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2008
"Now Watch Closely..."

Attachments

• Mime entertaining children at balboa park (photo grain - web).jpg
    Mime entertaining children at balboa park (photo grain - web).jpg
    902.4 KB · Views: 171
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.