Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AxisOfBeagles

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2008
Top of the South
3268133199_595ef4e962_o.jpg

Question otter - to the left of the flower there is a dark vertical line - is that a fiber in the flower, or is there a scratch or something on the sensor?

booth22

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2007
Taken up in the Puget Sound- nudibranch on the tip of a kelp leaf

Attachments

• nudi.jpg
    nudi.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 116

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
Total focus...

I love the expression in this one, and the other dog in the background definitely adds to the picture without being the focus. Well done.

I know this month we have seen lotz of butterfly shot, so here is my shot of a "butterfly" :D

Anyway C&C appreciated

This is a crazy shot! Wow, looks so alien. I definitely like it, and the shallow depth of field letting the legs and whatnot blur out quickly adds to the other worldliness of it. However, I keep bouncing back and forth on the background. I can't decide if the pure white adds to the oddness of the creature or is a distraction. I wonder what it would look like if there was something there just very muted and blurred.

monarch at breakfast

Nice shot, but are you sure that's a monarch?

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
This is a crazy shot! Wow, looks so alien. I definitely like it, and the shallow depth of field letting the legs and whatnot blur out quickly adds to the other worldliness of it. However, I keep bouncing back and forth on the background. I can't decide if the pure white adds to the oddness of the creature or is a distraction. I wonder what it would look like if there was something there just very muted and blurred.
Thanks and I agree with you, the background seriously gave me a headache. And just for kinks, I adjusted the temperature to cold and it look like a frosted grasshopper :eek:

Well the photo was shot behind a glass which shows how I got the shot (another reason to bring your dSLR all the time w/ u ;) ) so I actually tried recovering highlights hoping to reduce the white but then the imperfect condition of the glass (scratches and dust) become more visible, hence I opted to leave just as it is.

macbrookski

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2009
Lights, Camera, Action in Tokyo

Lights, Camera, Action in Tokyo. Comments welcomed

Attachments

• DSC_1164.jpg
    DSC_1164.jpg
    413.2 KB · Views: 137

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
This is the old April thread. Today is May 9. Please post your new pics on the May POTD thread... :) - at least if you want folks to see them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.